Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
WRX 2 M3
1st Gear Newbie

Key fob program

So I’m pretty sure an aftermarket key came with my M when I bought her... given the $500.00+ price tag for the German original, I guess I see why.

Anyway, it doesn’t really work as a fob... or to unlock/lock manually... so I carry a valet key with my shite key. Manually unlock with the valet, and drive with the main.
I heard that you can program these things to preform, but I don’t know. I youtubed it and came up short.
My driver side actuator doesn’t seem to work, so that could be the issue, but I’d like to exhaust all options before taking apart the door, or buying a new key...

Anyone run into something similar, or have a suggestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WRX 2 M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

are you sure its an aftermarket? the back side might be very faded but check again if there are any #.

from what I understand, the car would not turn on if the immobilizer was NOT programmed to the car. the key has a chip inside that is programmed to your computer only.

Google it again, there are steps to reprogram the black diamond remote to lock/unlock the car and trunk. Also if you have pasoft 1.4 you can look into the key settings and see how many have been programmed and delete some to make room for more.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
WRX 2 M3
1st Gear Newbie

I think the issue is my door lock actuator. Apparently if one goes it makes the whole key system a t funny, and my drivers door is def gone.

I’m gonna replace it and keep my fingers crossed.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #4
WRX 2 M3
1st Gear Newbie

I just bought a Carly adapter, though the parody looks a bit more informative.
I’d certainly like to look into how many keys are out there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: