Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

E30 suspension

just curious to see what are most people running on there e30 for suspension..i find usualy i cant find kits that get me to go low enough as i want or stiff enough...so just curious to see what people here are running
vwcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
1:Sign up and log into r3vlimited.com
2.Use the search function to find what you're looking for
3.Enjoy
Old 01-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
1:Sign up and log into r3vlimited.com
2.Use the search function to find what you're looking for
3.Enjoy
maxbimmer forums are getting nicer by the minute!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

i am still running stock suspension hehe. i actually got my springs from e30_kid89 .

i really would love to get some aftermarket suspension though. i really feel the neeed for some toit suspension.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
325isdan
5th Gear Member

just watch out for your oil pan...
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

guees the e30 kid89 who replied to my post first misread or something...i dont need to locate suspension really i mean i build cars for a living .from bmw to vw to audi to porsche.for a performance company i do know my stuff and have good conections for all parts and suspension.i was simply curious to see what others here are running for the street. also most e30 guys drop like 2 inches and get fender arches 23 and 3/4 inch from the ground.i dont consider that needing to watch out for your oilpans.on the westcoast here most my stuff i built are like 2 inches from the ground or less for the oilpan clearance.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #7
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

so once again just curious what people are running for there rides and how they like it
Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

im running H&R sports and tokico shocks. i find it rides fairly stiff, its a pretty good drop to, front could go a little lower tho. i think i will be replacing the shocks soon with blistiens tho, as i hear they are pretty good. I have also heard that the H&R race springs are stiffer, that might be more what your looking for. But my setup is good for a DD although i hae hit the oil pan already
325isStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

oh yea tokico? yea i wouldnt use that brand tell you the truth i think if you buy the h&r springs and bilstien struts combo its really stiff little harder then what most people want for a daily.but its the best daily for me its what ive loved for a long time and its not very expencive.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

are you saying the tokico are to stiff? i don't really find them that stiff, still rides decent. reason i might go blisteins is because my front right shock could possibly be blown, the suspension came with the car, and is about 5 years old
Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

nono im saying bilstein is better and saying i would not put tokico on my car ever..suposedly there widely used and all but my bmw's are all german and i dont need no jap parts on them...im just a big german fan since i am german too and i just like to keep it euro always.kinda hard headed that way but yea if you want stiff go with bilstein cup kit for the street or a bilstein and hr springs combo which would be considered ad hr cup kit..stiff and very fun for my likings
Old 01-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

cool, thats probably the route i will take, jsut the tokico is what came on the car when i got it
Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

I have located a set of Eibach springs along with Bilstein Sport fronts and HD rears for my Touring. Still waiting to install as I need the bigger collar nuts for the fronts.

The shaft on the Bilstein Sport is way bigger than stock ... do you people use the nuts from Bilstein or redrill stock ones??? I want to lower my Touring finally!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #14
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

nice touring man..um you could actually whichever you preffer.me personally i have redrilled them before you could do the same if you have the tools otherwise if you cant do it yourself its cheaper to buy other nuts ..cant wait to see once your cars lowered.the tourings are very nice with a drop
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #15
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
I have located a set of Eibach springs along with Bilstein Sport fronts and HD rears for my Touring. Still waiting to install as I need the bigger collar nuts for the fronts.

The shaft on the Bilstein Sport is way bigger than stock ... do you people use the nuts from Bilstein or redrill stock ones??? I want to lower my Touring finally!
I used the collar nut that came with my Bilstein sports. more better to use IMO versus that weird looking OEM thing that was there before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: