Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
ahh I see .. kinda like bioshock for the PC when it came out or half-life?

I liked both so it sounds like something I would like .. online game play?
Actually neither... those would both be typical "shooters" in design... you get through the game by having good aim and good reflexes... but Bioshock has some similarities.

Fallout is more like an RPG. You follow a story and talk to people, they give you quests to complete, stuff like that. It's a massive open world which is pretty much ready for you to explore. Combat is much more statistics based... you do more damage with a pistol if you have a high "Small Weapons" skill level, for example. You get experience points for doing tasks and defeating enemies, which levels you up and allows your character to become more skilled. You scrounge around the world to look for better weapons, better equipment. It's both 1st and 3rd person, switching at the press of a button. You go into towns and talk to people to advance the story..... get the idea?

It's cool too because what you do in the game affects your karma. You steal and kill innocent people, you'll get bad karma, and if you help people and do good things, good karma. It changes how people interact with you. You can be a saint or a total prick, and the world around you will reflect your choices.

Ever play Deus Ex? it's a bit like that. Basically it's an adventure game, not a shooter.

It's strictly a 1 player game, sadly.. no online play. But it's sort of the nature of the game.

Here, check this out... Sort of an idea of the gameplay early in the game.

__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #32
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Actually neither... those would both be typical "shooters" in design... you get through the game by having good aim and good reflexes... but Bioshock has some similarities.

Fallout is more like an RPG. You follow a story and talk to people, they give you quests to complete, stuff like that. It's a massive open world which is pretty much ready for you to explore. Combat is much more statistics based... you do more damage with a pistol if you have a high "Small Weapons" skill level, for example. You get experience points for doing tasks and defeating enemies, which levels you up and allows your character to become more skilled. You scrounge around the world to look for better weapons, better equipment. It's both 1st and 3rd person, switching at the press of a button. You go into towns and talk to people to advance the story..... get the idea?

It's cool too because what you do in the game affects your karma. You steal and kill innocent people, you'll get bad karma, and if you help people and do good things, good karma. It changes how people interact with you. You can be a saint or a total prick, and the world around you will reflect your choices.

Ever play Deus Ex? it's a bit like that. Basically it's an adventure game, not a shooter.

It's strictly a 1 player game, sadly.. no online play. But it's sort of the nature of the game.

Here, check this out... Sort of an idea of the gameplay early in the game.
Yes, I played Deus Ex .. loved it. (damn remake didnt work on newer pc's with good video cards).

Cant wait to try this game
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #33
icu
3rd Gear Member
 
icu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 351
ps3

Yeah Fel got Burnout in Paradise great game , also Metal Gear Solid 4 and Blazing Angels , Motor Storm and a few downloads Pure , Bio Shock , GP Motor Bike , and Warhawk. Outstanding system drop dead HD graphics on my Elite . uci812 See you in Paradise City.
__________________
icu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
^^
Nice Graham! Nice to hear you're really getting into it!
Burnout is a pretty wicked game, I've thought about picking it up a dozen times. Really slick visuals for sure, I'm sure they look drop dead gorgeous on that tv of yours
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Dysantic
Captain Chaos
 
Dysantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,030
I say we get a BMW guild going on Warhawk! It's going for dirt cheap on the playstation store right now ($19.99). If anyone wants to pick it up and get some gaming on I would be down. It is without a doubt one of the funnest online games out now. I also just massacre everyone in it. hahaha
__________________
Dysantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #36
2002guy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 560
Send a message via MSN to 2002guy
im playin grid, assasins creed, and undercover right now... just finished saints row 2...
ill add all of you when i get a chance.... not really into the shooter games... more racing..
__________________
Sposered by: M-Tricks Autosports

My Cars:
1974 "2502" m20 2002
1989 735i
1982 vw rabbit
2002guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #37
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,437
I've had the PS3 for a while now, got it for Xmas.
My Handle is TERRY00M5
Currently mainly focusing on KIllzone 2, but I play a fair bit of GTA4(which I've pretty much finished), 007, and GT.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #38
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,137
i cannot wait for RESIDENT EVIL5
got that pre-ordered on ps3 (for traditional sake...plus it feels like shit when i played it on xbox360)

finally i can add another resident evil to my collection lol

*yea i got them ALL*
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #39
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
I've been playing Killzone all weekend.... crazy ass game!! If you're a fan of shotters, you should pick this up for sure!

The story isn't anything special... typical macho marine scenarios... Secure that tower! Get on that turret! Hold this position! Take out that tank! But it's all done very well... the enemy AI is spot on, and they are no slouches! Enemies are SMART, they know how to flank you and avoid fire and grenades. I started playing this on hard and got about 2/3 through the second level before I got stuck... been plowing through it on Normal and I've only got 3 levels to go.

Online is really cool too. Some interesting game modes, and there is a class system for your character so when you get enough XP you can play as a different type of character with different abilities. Maps are fun.

The graphics are stunning. Must buy for anyone with a solid HD set.
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #40
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,364
I just picked up GTA4 .. cant wait to see what online play is like. I usually play Bad Company Online (FPS) which is really fun .. lots of people play online.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #41
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,454
Send a message via MSN to doogee
DoogeeM3
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #42
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member
 
BMXWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burlington
Posts: 264
bmx1664
__________________
BMXWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:45 AM   #43
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,729
steven187 add me! Also, if you have need for speed shift I would like to play with people that wont ram into me on corners... lol
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #44
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,454
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
steven187 add me! Also, if you have need for speed shift I would like to play with people that wont ram into me on corners... lol
I'm down. I see we're already in a single player laptime battle! haha

Edit: Wow just checked, I think you might spend a little too much time going back and beating all my times haha.
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 01-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #45
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,729
haha yeah I got sick of bumper cars online so I decided to start a little challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I'm down. I see we're already in a single player laptime battle! haha

Edit: Wow just checked, I think you might spend a little too much time going back and beating all my times haha.
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015