Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
kzy
6th Gear Newbie

Parking ticket (not city of toronto)

So I got a ticket from "Municipal Parking Corporation"

It was a white slip, and not administered by a toronto police parking enforcer.

Are these tickets generally b.s? Would a ticket like this show up when I renew my license sticker?
kzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
Gamite

I wouldn't pay it. I doubt it'll come up on the MTO system.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
tig
4th Gear Member

it wont man, but i have gone thru this before if u dont pay they will take it to collections, after a few months they started charging me late fees then i started getting notices from the collections company, and a $30 ticket ended up costing me $75 after late fees n stuff, i decided to pay it because i didnt want to have to deal with collections. so i would just say pay it
tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Just write them a letter enclosing a cheque for $5. That's what I did. I never heard back and they cashed the cheque.

I got one like this from the operator of a private lot. (There were ticket machines on the lot - no attendants, I was one hour late back to my car)

They wanted $60. I wrote a letter explaining I use the lot everyday, spending $200 a month, and that if they insist on collecing the $60 they'll lose my business as well as that of all my colleagues in the next building.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Ghettochild
1st Gear Newbie

http://www.sgmlaw.com/Page753.aspx

give this a read
Ghettochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
kzy
6th Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettochild View Post
So I should probably pay it then before they take it to collections :/
Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #7
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

or you can still make them a lower offer - and they might accept it like the did with me.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

lol i like this " fail to see how trespassers who unlawfully park on private property are consuming any product or service of the regulated business or how they may be considered consumers in the commonly understood and accepted definition of the word.
"

honestly they should just tow if thye dont like people over parking. if not, then they should stfu. tell them to blow u.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
kzy
6th Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus View Post
or you can still make them a lower offer - and they might accept it like the did with me.
Ya I think I'll try that first
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

I had one for $65 (at Impark) and ignored it. A collection agency wrote once and I never heard from them again. I don't think they'll send more than a letter or two for $30.

Warning, if you park on one of their lots in the future, they may tow your car and hold it for ransom. I'm personally avoiding Impark till I change my plate.
X5HogTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
summit425
Alpine White

"Municipal Parking Corporation"..

yes I actually asked a guy who is giving out the parking ticket (not city of toronto) and he told me that he has 2 kinds of tickets. One is for just warning (you don't need to pay even they ask you to pay) other one is real city of toronto parking ticket.

He told me that first time if you decided not to pay then it is fine but if they catch you parking there again (without paying fine that they asked for) then they will issue you a real city of toronto parking ticket.

That is what he told me and I also actually saw he is issuing city of toronto parking ticket.

If you are going to park there again I think it is good idea to pay the fine ($5 maybe?) or if you are never going to go there again then forget it.

I also got 2 parking tickets from Impark and I didn't pay for it. It went to collection company and they sent me the letter twice and I still didn't pay for it. I didn't even open the letter and just sent them back. (I wrote "RETURN" in front of the envelop) They just scare you.

Last edited by summit425; 12-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #12
kzy
6th Gear Newbie

The ticket I got was white, not a yellow city of toronto slip. I don't think it's an area I'd ever need to park in again anyways
Old 12-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
If you parked downtown then its up to you if you want to pay since the Downtown parking places get a lot of people who don't pay so they will send a collection agency after you. Once they will contact you they will ruin your credit score. usually. If it was somewhere around North York area then I wouldn't even bother.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
summit425
Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousuke View Post
If you parked downtown then its up to you if you want to pay since the Downtown parking places get a lot of people who don't pay so they will send a collection agency after you. Once they will contact you they will ruin your credit score. usually. If it was somewhere around North York area then I wouldn't even bother.
they just can't ruin credit score since they never know who parked there. They don't know whether owner of the car parked or someone else.
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: