Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekthang View Post
Dosent matter where even if your in Europe it is carried over no matter where guys so take it easy
Are you retarded? Or illiterate?

It has been explained that some places report it, others do not.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #17
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
Are you retarded? Or illiterate?

It has been explained that some places report it, others do not.
Why dont you go fu*k yourself retard. I know more about this then you ever will so shut up
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Why dont you go fu*k yourself retard. I know more about this then you ever will so shut up
Wow, someone takes the internet too seriously for their own good.

And how do you know so much oh great one? We all "know" everything.

Do you really think you are the almighty one here, so much so, that without even basing ANYTHING you say on facts, you just blatantly stomp around saying you know shit, but beyond those words nothing gets explained.

Why not explain yourself and stop being vague, and then, maybe then, I will agree with what you have to say... (probably not though)
Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #19
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Dosent matter where even if your in Europe it is carried over no matter where guys so take it easy
Are you sure about that?

There isnít much collaboration between all countries. Even if you got a ticket in Cali, it doesnít restrict you here in Ontario.

I know first had, a college who didnít pay a 65mph ticket in a 25mph school zone. He skipped the court trails and ignored the whole thing. Heís bought and sold cars here in Canada for 5 years, renewed his license, and got speeding tickets here. Nothing in regards to the Cali incident.

Although, he would get arrested if he got caught in Cali. We drive if we are down there on business.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #20
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Wow, someone takes the internet too seriously for their own good.

And how do you know so much oh great one? We all "know" everything.

Do you really think you are the almighty one here, so much so, that without even basing ANYTHING you say on facts, you just blatantly stomp around saying you know shit, but beyond those words nothing gets explained.

Why not explain yourself and stop being vague, and then, maybe then, I will agree with what you have to say... (probably not though)

I dont have to prove sh*t to no one. I know what I know and certain people know what I speak. Why dont you go on a Audi board and stop hanging around in a BMW forum you geek
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #21
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

In all seriousness, educate us. I’m willing to learn; this information would be handy to know.

Tell me where the information can be verified. I would like to see all the details.

From my real world experience, there is no real collaboration between most US States and Canada (Michigan and New York).

I looked into moving to Germany for a year, and it seems pretty easy to convert my Ontario License to a German one. Notice how Ontario needs a theoretical and a practical exam. That says a lot about Ontario drivers; it is way to easy to get a license here.

.... the details.... .

Seems like in Germany (Europe), when you get your driving license, you start your driving record from scratch

Using a Foreign Driving License in Germany

Driving licenses from Canada:
Driving licenses from Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia require taking both a theoretical and a practical exam.

To exchange an American or a Canadian driving license from one of the eligible states or provinces, you will need a notarized translation into German, a photograph and a statement from JohanniskircheStr. 4 indicating that you are registered. The office issuing driving licenses is at Gross-Herzog-Friedrich-Str. 111.

The 6 months you are allowed to drive with your driving license from abroad are also valid for other nationalities. However, when this time expires, most nationalities (Russia, Israel, . . . ) need to apply for a changover of their driving license at the local office, called "Führerscheinstelle" (the changover is only valid for persons staying not longer than 3 years, otherwise they have to take courses to get a German driving license. For the changeover, which costs 42,60 Euros, you need to present:
a foto (4,5 x 3,5 cm)
- your passport
- a medical test of your eyesight done by an ophtalmologist
- a certificate of taking part in a 1st-aid-course, literally "Ersthelferausbildung". These courses are given by the local red cross.
-german translation of your driving license, done by a translator authorized to work for the local authorities
-certificate of the Auslaenderamt stating the date of your first entry to Germany

For Your Reference

Back in Ontario

Exchanging an Out-Of-Province Driver's Licence

Drivers from other Canadian provinces, Canadian Forces-Europe, U.S.A., Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, Great Britain, Austria and Belgium.

2 or More Years of Driving Experience Within the Last Three Years
If you are a licensed driver with two or more years of driving experience from one of these jurisdictions you may get full class licence privileges without taking a knowledge or road test. However, you must pass a vision test and show acceptable proof of your previous licence status and driving experience

For Your Reference

…. So, seems like you only need to prove 2 years of driving experience, and you must have had a valid drivers license from the approving countries.

Last edited by dtthiaga; 12-02-2007 at 12:28 PM.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #22
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
I dont have to prove sh*t to no one. I know what I know and certain people know what I speak. Why dont you go on a Audi board and stop hanging around in a BMW forum you geek
Holy hell man, back off the roids...

I am not asking you to "prove shit" just to back up what your saying. Your coming in here swinging fists and making claims and people other than myself are wondering where you are getting your information or at least if you have an experience to share.

Are you also offended that I drive an Audi? What is your problem with me? Not everyone on here drives a BMW, so should the others leave as well?

Are you going to ask a moderator to leave if they dont have a bmw in their collection of cars? You are being a grade A dick and I dont deserve this shitty treatment with your gay responses.

The image you are portraying right now is pure ethug, you could almost get away with a comment like, "OH MY GOD, Big foot is real, trust me, I know he is, I have more knowledge in this subject than you do, so dont challenge me. My dick is bigger, **** you, Im king."

Calm down, try to explain yourself, and stop being such an ass.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #23
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Holy hell man, back off the roids...

I am not asking you to "prove shit" just to back up what your saying. Your coming in here swinging fists and making claims and people other than myself are wondering where you are getting your information or at least if you have an experience to share.

Are you also offended that I drive an Audi? What is your problem with me? Not everyone on here drives a BMW, so should the others leave as well?

Are you going to ask a moderator to leave if they dont have a bmw in their collection of cars? You are being a grade A dick and I dont deserve this shitty treatment with your gay responses.

The image you are portraying right now is pure ethug, you could almost get away with a comment like, "OH MY GOD, Big foot is real, trust me, I know he is, I have more knowledge in this subject than you do, so dont challenge me. My dick is bigger, **** you, Im king."

Calm down, try to explain yourself, and stop being such an ass.

All I did was post a comment and you started with the comments you pin head so dont tell me to calm down. I dont have time to entertain you or anyone I have my knowledge straight from several reliable source and I dont care to share or post for my reason that benefit me and my job so I maybe a GRADE A DICK but its better then being a low grade fag. Audi boy go back to sleep bitch and stop hanging on every little post people write. LOL !!!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #24
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtthiaga View Post
In all seriousness, educate us. Iím willing to learn; this information would be handy to know.

Tell me where the information can be verified. I would like to see all the details.

From my real world experience, there is no real collaboration between most US States and Canada (Michigan and New York).

I looked into moving to Germany for a year, and it seems pretty easy to convert my Ontario License to a German one. Notice how Ontario needs a theoretical and a practical exam. That says a lot about Ontario drivers; it is way to easy to get a license here.

.... the details.... .

Seems like in Germany (Europe), when you get your driving license, you start your driving record from scratch

Using a Foreign Driving License in Germany

Driving licenses from Canada:
Driving licenses from Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia require taking both a theoretical and a practical exam.

To exchange an American or a Canadian driving license from one of the eligible states or provinces, you will need a notarized translation into German, a photograph and a statement from JohanniskircheStr. 4 indicating that you are registered. The office issuing driving licenses is at Gross-Herzog-Friedrich-Str. 111.

The 6 months you are allowed to drive with your driving license from abroad are also valid for other nationalities. However, when this time expires, most nationalities (Russia, Israel, . . . ) need to apply for a changover of their driving license at the local office, called "FŁhrerscheinstelle" (the changover is only valid for persons staying not longer than 3 years, otherwise they have to take courses to get a German driving license. For the changeover, which costs 42,60 Euros, you need to present:
a foto (4,5 x 3,5 cm)
- your passport
- a medical test of your eyesight done by an ophtalmologist
- a certificate of taking part in a 1st-aid-course, literally "Ersthelferausbildung". These courses are given by the local red cross.
-german translation of your driving license, done by a translator authorized to work for the local authorities
-certificate of the Auslaenderamt stating the date of your first entry to Germany

For Your Reference

Back in Ontario

Exchanging an Out-Of-Province Driver's Licence

Drivers from other Canadian provinces, Canadian Forces-Europe, U.S.A., Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, Great Britain, Austria and Belgium.

2 or More Years of Driving Experience Within the Last Three Years
If you are a licensed driver with two or more years of driving experience from one of these jurisdictions you may get full class licence privileges without taking a knowledge or road test. However, you must pass a vision test and show acceptable proof of your previous licence status and driving experience

For Your Reference

Ö. So, seems like you only need to prove 2 years of driving experience, and you must have had a valid drivers license from the approving countries.
I would love to do nothing more then back my info up but it would jeopordize certain things and people that I have relationship with. Sorry its the best I can do but maybe one day at a meet if you see me come by say hello and I will explain in person.

Audi fag if you like come on over as well and speak to my face. Its always easy to type things out.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Josh, honestly bro, re-read your comment. George posted what he believes to be true, and you called him a retard. That's pretty much completly uncalled for.

also, what he said is true. Almost any police department can mail the ontario department a citation from their jurisdiction.

also, almost every state has a ticket exchange program with ontario, not ALL of them do, but most do. What does that mean? Your ticket automatically gets forwarded, without any special procedure. That doesn't mean they can't mail it to ontario.

Also, i'm not going to get into why, but george is very familiar with traffic violations procedures and how they are processed in ontario.

I think you owe george an appology.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #26
Meegis
Banned

Why do I owe an apology, it was a remark made on an internet forum where simple bashing goes on daily in regards to things happening throughout the threads. If you guys think I actually called him a retard, then maybe you read too far into this stuff.

I asked it in the sence that he hadnt even read the thread. Due to the things written prior to his post, it would seem that he had not given a crap to reply to why it was wrong, or why it may be different. He just basically made a claim that he cannot (at least on here, for whatever reason) back up. In my book, and according to most everyone else familiar with forums, including this one, that is called being an e-thug.

I will apologize if I hurt your feelings with my comment, because that was not the intent, but I will not apologize for what I wrote. It falls in line with all the typical banter that goes on all over forums everywhere.

Now George, if you're going to use lines like "Audi fag if you like come on over as well and speak to my face. Its always easy to type things out." This can easily be taken as threat, and to be honest, I dont think it can be taken any other way with the context of all your other replies to me thus far. I still dont think anything I have done calls for that. I can at least explain why I said the things I said. I am not here to fight you and I am not going to backlash with the typical "time and place" mumbo jumbo. People on this forum know both you and myself. So I do not understand why this is so out of control.

Lastly, please stop calling me Audi Fag, whether you appreciate the Audi brand or not is your perogative, but it does not condone you calling me that. Sure, I drive an Audi, sure I am on a BMW forum, but does that mean I ONLY like Audi? Or I only HAVE to like BMW? I do not think I should be limited in what I can enjoy. It just seems stupid for you to get so caught up in this Audi vs BMW bullshit, especially when you have no idea if I even have a BMW or not.

Am I sounding contradictory? Didnt I just say I drive an Audi? You have no idea what else I may have available to me, or what else I may do, or anything about me. All you have is what you see and what others MAY be able to tell you. So please, step off, and leave the branding business alone. I enjoy the automobile life, I am a fan of European cars, especially german cars. I like Audi, Porsche, BMW and more. One day I will be driving another car, maybe one of the other brands mentioned. When that day comes, I dont want to hear you calling me a Porsche Fag, or anything of the sort.

So there you have it, I never meant to be malicious, I did mean to point out what others have said, you came in here like an e-thug, got your panties in a twist when I questioned you, you decided not to share on a public forum for your own reasons and we played a game of reply tag. Let's end it here and have the thread go back to what it was about.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
bimmer_5er
2nd Gear Member

everyone shut the hell up.

bimmer_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #28
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the support Ivan. I dont care that he gives me an apology or not. Ill still sleep well at night. LOL

I want to apologize to the Mods for letting it get out of control.

Now onto Meegis: You can take it as a threat go ahead on what I said all I said was to say what you said to my face no threat in there what so ever LOL

I will not stand by and have anyone bash me on a comment. We are all entilted to posting and if I chose to explain myself further I will if not then people can chose to believe it or not but make no mistake about it some bashes me you damn right I will fire back hard.

Apology accepted

I do apologize as well and to all for taking the post out of tangent
Old 12-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #29
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the support Ivan. I dont care that he gives me an apology or not. Ill still sleep well at night. LOL

I want to apologize to the Mods for letting it get out of control.

Now onto Meegis: You can take it as a threat go ahead on what I said all I said was to say what you said to my face no threat in there what so ever LOL

I will not stand by and have anyone bash me on a comment. We are all entilted to posting and if I chose to explain myself further I will if not then people can chose to believe it or not but make no mistake about it some bashes me you damn right I will fire back hard.

Apology accepted

I do apologize as well and to all for taking the post out of tangent
Maybe I was harsh right off the bat, but like I said, there was no malintent with it. I just wanted to know how you could blatantly disagree.

Anyways, it doesnt matter. When I do return from Florida, I would like to ask you in person about what you mean, as I am wondering about tickets here. I was told by the DMV and the MTO that they do not communicate. So from what I have been told, I am understanding any ticket I recieve here will not affect me at home.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Mods if you guys can delete all that crap amoung me and Meegis that would be greatly appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: