Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
RKMA86
3rd Gear Member

Pitstop on Yonge/Steeles

quite awhile ago, I went to this performance shop to get a bodykit installed and to get a custom-intake put in...

wasn't quite too happy...overcharged for bodykit install and custom cold air intake...

the bodykit install was a bit sloppy....the bumper wasn't supported properly and I ended up having to get it RE-done at another shop to get the job done right.

Just a heads up to everyone on these boards......
Personally, I recommend Autopia or Bimmersport...they really know what they're doing.
RKMA86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
abc12
4th Gear Member

how much did they charge you for the bodykit/CAI install?

how much do other shops roughly charge for the same job?
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
shimajer
loudddddd

yah i went there before for a quote. they dont seem to know what they are doing. and their prices for bodykits are crazy high.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

pitstop is a ripoff!!! i went to get a qoute there for a oem clutch, they quoted be 2000 bucks, i dont think its that much at the dealer.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Meegis
Banned

LoL, i have a feeling the store is a front. It is always dead and when I went there once, everything is marked up to the point of non-sale.

They're crazy in there.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
Arash
6th Gear Member

His name is Javid, he's aerospace engineer himself, but he's never there, he has import export business or something like that. He owns the black M5 thats usually parked in front. they actually make good money, from people that don't know much about cars and basically just wanna "pimp their rides"!

I usually just go there when I need tuner lugs, air filters or shit like that, their hours is good.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
His name is Javid, he's aerospace engineer himself, but he's never there, he has import export business or something like that. He owns the black M5 thats usually parked in front. they actually make good money, from people that don't know much about cars and basically just wanna "pimp their rides"!

I usually just go there when I need tuner lugs, air filters or shit like that, their hours is good.
What are their hours?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Arash
6th Gear Member

they're open 7 days and usually there's someone there till 8-9pm. I haven't been there for a while tho so not sure
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

The guy is an Aerospace engineer and runs a lowclass small performance parts shop ?

Something doesnt add up here.

I think they use the shop to Launder money or hide money.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
kevin325
AMG ETR

Quote:

his M5 is pretty riced out...well it used to be a lot more riced out but he doesn't have all the stickers anymore.

kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

one of the employees told me its a 540i, not an m5, last time i was there!!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #12
abc12
4th Gear Member

that's a pretty good looking m5 if it is an 540i... nicely done.....

but yeah... didn't like it when it was riced up... especially with the Supra spoiler.... and stickers...
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #13
tig
4th Gear Member

Quote:

that guy is a rip off half the shit from the store like the hids n all that stuff he buys from my friends dad who imports it all from china. i went in there once to look at seats for my old bimmer cuz i worked around there the guy had 2dr 3series sport seats and tired to tell me that they are m3 seats, and he was trying to sell me on a fiberglass m3 bumper trying to tell me that his fiber glass is amazing quality that just as strong as oem lol and he was selling it for $550, fkn idiot i wanted to punch him for talking so much shit he looks and sounds like your classic used car salesman which pisses me off cuz i m in sales also so crappy sales ppl that just bullshit get on my nerves
tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #14
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

dealer s prob the cheapest for a clutch job i think they charge 700$
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #15
RKMA86
3rd Gear Member

350 for installing the body kit (rear/front bumper) and 300 for the cold air intake w/ AEM bypass
RKMA86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: