Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
How do you speed?

First, i'm not condoning speeding.

second, i'm curious, how do you guys speed? You have a system?

I've pretty much been driving like this:

In the city, i generally only go about 10-15 over the limit, but i often charge lights to save time. I dont usually actually run red's (and if i do, its after i stop and inspect the intersection), but at yellows where i could stop, i usually push through. Speeding over 10-15 over just draws too much attention, but rushing intesections does save time.

On the highway, i drive almost exactly 129 or just under. Why? Its a minor speeding ticket, easier to get rid of, and, even if i wouldn't get it handled in court, its much less of a blow to your insurance if you get convicted. Now when i'm driving a stretch of highway i know(401 between london and 416), i'll usually find a group of people going 149. I try to get in the middle of the pack. The thing i pay attention to most on the highway howerever is brake lights infront of me. This makes speeding much easier, as you can see brake lights very clearly infront of you, and if your'e going 149, the cops wont catch up to you from behind, so you only have to look infront of yourself. I also pay special attention to onramps, as if a cop was infront of me, i'd probably see brakelights, but if he's pulling on next to me, and i'm doing 49 over, it wont end well. Only exceptions are, i'll always speeding on a long uphill, and slow down at the very top. This is HORRIBLE for your gas mileage, but there are almost never cops on the tops of hills on a parkway. Also, if i have a radar detector i trust with me, i'll go 149 all the time on the highway. Dont use a radar detector at all in the city.

My system seems to work pretty well, i've gotten one speeding ticket (ignoring my rule about not going more than 15 over, going to go pick up my honda with notjoe, 116 in a 70),

I dont wanna hear you flaming me for driving dangerously or whatever, i'm not saying this is how you should drive.
If you post stupid comments i'll ask a mod to delete them.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I drive once or twice a week now, as you know, because I take the TTC all the time. By the time I do drive, my adrenaline is so pumped that I go cannot restrain myself from going 20 over in the city, weave in an out of traffic and go 160 or so on the highway. I figure the odds are in my favor at that point.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
^^LOL!

Honestly in the city i may go 5 - 10 over tops if i see im' over i usually just go back down to the limit......On the highways since that new law i just don't go past 120, so thats where my cruise or foot is set at once its nice and clear.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

City- ~10-15 over tops
Highway- ~25 over tops
Old 11-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
How do you speed?

with the gas pedal......duh

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
dbworld4k
Addict

Pedal to the floor foo'!!!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 11-19-2007 at 10:27 PM.
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

city, 55 to 60 but mostly 55. Yes i know that not speeding.
but on the highway, its usually 115km/h (i'm past 3000rpm already. cruising past that aint no fun). When i had the auto, it was the same during city driving however it was a phat 140 on highways.

i usually stay behind faster traffic. kinda like drafting in NASCAR lol. Ideally 3rd+ in the row.
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #8
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

I never speed in residential areas, but on all other raods I'll go with the flow or push it a bit. Highways and country backroads, it depends how I feel, and the country roads I know and know theres no cops I'll give her everything shes got!
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Most baitest thread ever, Id recomend removing your car from your sig.

I dont even speed, 20 over at most...gas prices are a motha****a these days...whats the rush anyways? Just chill, recline back, turn the system up and spark one

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
There are a lot of variables, I'm normally pretty tame as far as driving on the street, especially if I'm commuting.

In residential areas I DON'T speed at all unless it's really early in the morning, and that's only like 5km/h over, if I see kids at anytime I'll go below the limit, same goes for school zones between 8:00-17:00. Generally around town, if the speed limit is 50, I'll go a hair under 60. If the road's limit is 80 and I'm familiar with it, 90-95, if not, whatever the flow of traffic is. On a highway with a 100 limit, 120-125 or whatever the flow of traffic is. I notice that north of the city on the 400 sometimes the flow of traffic is 140, I'll just blend in.

There are exceptions, but I won't tell you what I do there:
- residential area (preferably new and with unbuilt homes) at 1:00-4:00 in the morning, with 4-10cm of fresh snow, generally the roads are bare.
- Hwy 400 at 2:00-4:00 on a Sunday or Monday morning
- Unpopulated gravel farm roads that I'm familiar with
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
There are exceptions, but I won't tell you what I do there:
- residential area (preferably new and with unbuilt homes) at 1:00-4:00 in the morning, with 4-10cm of fresh snow, generally the roads are bare.
- Hwy 400 at 2:00-4:00 on a Sunday or Monday morning
- Unpopulated gravel farm roads that I'm familiar with
LoL
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member

i feel bad now, maybe its cuz im young but im usually doing minimum 25 over in cities, maybe my city just has less traffic than yours or maybe you guys have more self restraint. most probable idea ive only had my car for like 2 weeks so im still breaking her in

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.

This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #13
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypno_nls1 View Post
i feel bad now, maybe its cuz im young but im usually doing minimum 25 over in cities, maybe my city just has less traffic than yours or maybe you guys have more self restraint. most probable idea ive only had my car for like 2 weeks so im still breaking her in
Give it time, most young drivers learn the hard way.

I did, although, I wonder if I relly learend
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #14
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
Give it time, most young drivers learn the hard way.

I did, although, I wonder if I relly learend
+1

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

If you right foot isn't matted, you ain't going fast enough.

In all seriousness, I usually drive around 120 on the highway, and max 15 over everywhere else, unless I really really know the area. There are 2 speed trap locations literally 500 m from my parent's house, but once you are clear of those, you can go 50 + and you won't get caught unless the PO coming with donuts catches you. Not that I ever speed on that street, it's suicide.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: