Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #31
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Are you buying bald snow tires or something?
Every set was bought brand new (and my Toyos have lots of tread). Tires are not something I skimp on. I'll run up my credit line for good rubber. Considering how I drive in summer, its a safety measure for me and everyone else around me. My summer tires are $400 each. All my tires are bought new.

328DTM: I'd love to let you man, seriously! I'm MORE than open to the fact that I just can't drive. I have no arrogance about that AT ALL. I KNOW I'm not a GREAT driver, but I seem to be able to drive better than most folks in Ottawa. Of course, that isn't hard. Kinda like saying "I'm a nicer guy than Hitler was". I've LOVE to know it was me. I could fix that part. I've had the suspension checked, control arms, shocks, alignment, etc, all comes back clean. I'm SCARED to drive in snow now.

Bart

Last edited by Bartacus; 11-27-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #32
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I'm SCARED to drive in snow now.

Bart
You just need to check what your doing wrong... I used to be scared of my car too... Seriously, I was. Im not being sarcastic or ragging on you in any way.

I say reassess the situation and try going to an empty lot to see what your doing wrong.

And when all else fails, take a vacation to Florida, pick up my car, and be quattro'd
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #33
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
You just need to check what your doing wrong... I used to be scared of my car too... Seriously, I was. Im not being sarcastic or ragging on you in any way.

I say reassess the situation and try going to an empty lot to see what your doing wrong.

And when all else fails, take a vacation to Florida, pick up my car, and be quattro'd
Funny thing is I LOVE driving, and I've NEVER felt fear behind the wheel before. Even when spinning out in a storm and doing 360s across 2 lanes of traffic in my dads old 4x4, I was strangely calm. In the summer, before this dumb-**** 50 over law, I'd be doing 160-170 on the way to work, totally fearless. But come winter, that all changes.

I think you guys are right. I just need to wait until the next storm, and then find a parking lot and **** around a bit. Or stop modding my car and start modding the DRIVER and take some winter driving schools.

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: