Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #31
bitchfree
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lynchburg, Tennessee
Posts: 110
ouch
bitchfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #32
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
i don't know why they reflashed the ECU i would say that they didn't know what they were doing but it really doesn't matter right now i think kit is up for sale i got cought last night for "racing" 52 over the limit i need money to fight it. F**cking ontario law!!!

well, that was fast.
Good luck with it.

P.S. was your car impounded?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:56 AM   #33
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
well, that was fast.
Good luck with it.

P.S. was your car impounded?
thanks
yeah i know i was on the way home they took my winter beater now i got to bring the bimmer out for a week.
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #34
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....
 
myndgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton
Posts: 2,942
Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
i got cought last night for "racing" 52 over the limit i need money to fight it. F**cking ontario law!!!
thats because you're a ****ing idiot...you KNOW that if you go 50 over you will get caught...drive ****ing 49 over!!!....im glad that ****s like you get busted!!!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #35
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
I just stumbled onto this threat over at BF:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=870693

kinda answers most of the questions here, and tells you exactly why you shouldn't be putting boost on a stock ECU'd car.

What have you done for fueling btw?

hey did you see how i replied on page 3 saying:
uhmm i've been running boost on a stock ecu for 2years now!

mosselman kit for the 318: rrfpr no chip/ stock ecu passes cali smog.

DASC sc kit rrfpr no chip/ stock ecu passes cali smog.

so uhmm to the 'stock ecu? no u can't do that!' crowd.
^ those are mass produced well known kits.

this is what i run for fueling Instead of a rrfpr & (hopefully) the right sized injectors
http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #36
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
hey did you see how i replied on page 3 saying:
uhmm i've been running boost on a stock ecu for 2years now!

mosselman kit for the 318: rrfpr no chip/ stock ecu passes cali smog.

DASC sc kit rrfpr no chip/ stock ecu passes cali smog.

so uhmm to the 'stock ecu? no u can't do that!' crowd.
^ those are mass produced well known kits.

this is what i run for fueling Instead of a rrfpr & (hopefully) the right sized injectors
http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html
thanks man i'm going to see if bmw will get me that software on monday if i don't sell the kit i'll play with the fine dyno tunning and maybe a wide-band and will see how she runs
btw the car runs a lot nicer today then it was few days ago because i found a big leak (the line that comes off the stock intake boot fell right out)

as for "myndgone" all i got to say to you i hope it happens to you!
btw i'll be a bigger man and wont start calling you names over the internet.
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #37
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
last night i was driving a car on the highway i steped on it a bit got off came to the complete stop i smell burnt oil, open the hood look around and saw oil coming out of the back of the engine looks like a valve cover gasket gave up, what would make that to happen??
that big vacume line that goes into the side of the valve cover in the front should it have vacume or boosted air coming through it?? the reason i'm saying boosted air because i traced it and it's going into some black box under the intake manifold but so those the line that comes from underneath oe booth that comes right before a trottle body which should have boosted air coming thru it.
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #38
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
well i pulled the ignition coils out and coil #4 and #5 were full of oil. what would couse this to happen??
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #39
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,627
leaking valve cover gasket would cause that..

did you buy a air/fuel ratio gauge yet?
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #40
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
that big vacume line that goes into the side of the valve cover in the front should it have vacume or boosted air coming through it?? the reason i'm saying boosted air because i traced it and it's going into some black box under the intake manifold but so those the line that comes from underneath oe booth that comes right before a trottle body which should have boosted air coming thru it.

You are boosting your crankcase. AA kit comes with a block off seal for the oil separator(black box under your manifold)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...87&hg=11&fg=15

You need to block off hose number 1.



And like bmdbley'sBro said, you need to change your valve cover gasket. It is an easy DIY.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #41
uber e36
6th Gear Member
 
uber e36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone View Post
thats because you're a ****ing idiot...you KNOW that if you go 50 over you will get caught...drive ****ing 49 over!!!....im glad that ****s like you get busted!!!
Take it easy big man...
__________________
Daily: '06 S4
Wife: '05 X5 4.4i
Fun: '95 325is
uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #42
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone View Post
thats because you're a ****ing idiot...you KNOW that if you go 50 over you will get caught...drive ****ing 49 over!!!....im glad that ****s like you get busted!!!
i was surprised by how many people i've talked to in the last while havn't heard about it at all!..

or only heard about the 50 over part..

so maybe he didn't know. anyways its a cash grab: 1300 cars @t$2000ea is $2.6mill

my opinion if guy was weaving in & out of cars at 120 in traffic seize his shit..
but 150 at night on a mostly empty road doesn't make 'you a ****' that deserves it
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #43
jeffrie
Addict
 
jeffrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Buckingham
Posts: 2,252
Need to start doing what the super bike drivers did, build cars way too fast for the law enforcment and simply outrun them (funny how insurance goes up after).

Make their job hard and it will change...
As for now while your all bitching about the law, enjoy being "Their BITCHES" to fund them till it's a problem, while in the meantime your all giving them a big fat bonus each time they catch you.

IMO If your dumb enough to get caught you deserve the punishment...
__________________
"They say ignorance is bliss..... I don't know what the Fu*k that means but I'm pretty happy". Ricky Trailer Park Boys.


Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #44
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
You are boosting your crankcase. AA kit comes with a block off seal for the oil separator(black box under your manifold)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...87&hg=11&fg=15

You need to block off hose number 1.



And like bmdbley'sBro said, you need to change your valve cover gasket. It is an easy DIY.
thanks i figure that valve cover gasket blow up on me and i already replaced one on my other bimmer, so that would not be a prbolem, as for that hose number 1 how would i block it off?? and is there anything else that i should know to block it off or pull it out or disconect with this kit??
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #45
blk325i
3rd Gear Member
 
blk325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: kitchener
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
leaking valve cover gasket would cause that..

did you buy a air/fuel ratio gauge yet?
no i didn't I'm taking the care to storage today, i'll get all of the parts and gauges that i need over winter i wanted to rush through this set up i guess you can't, y you got one??
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.