Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Question My stupid alarm, can't turn it off

Alright I'm not sure if I have an OEM alarm or aftermarket, it came with the car. When I bought it the guy said it doesn't really work in the winter, so he had one of the 2 fuses out. Anyway I put it back in and it worked...up until yesterday. I came to the car and it wouldn't disengage (I pressed the button on the remote, but nothing). So I had to take out the 2 fuses to fricken make it stop ringing. Today I tried to put the fuses back in when it was a bit warmer out but as soon as I put the last fuse in the alarm starts and I can't shut it off. I don't think it's the battery to the remote cause it has a little red light on it and it still lights.

WTF?? How can I reset it or figure out what's wrong?

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
freniv
2nd Gear Member

I have a clifford alarm with the same problem a few years ago. it turned out the alarm was defective. the store switched it with a new one. with this same alarm sometimes it won't disarm.. so it's luck of the draw when I can get into my car. Sometimes i'm stuck out of my car for 15min, hour, half hour, 2 days trying to disarm it. I find that when the season's change from fall to winter and things frost over it's the worst.... kind like women.
freniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I had that issue way back when I had an '89 Jetta. It was condensation getting into the sensor contacts of the trunk and hood releases giving off false reports to the alarm. If it's aftermarket, this could be the case too.

Deep

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: