Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #16
Gleb
E30 ..?

It was a lapping day organized by 6th Gear, I recommend you check them out, ton of track time.

I would really like to bring the car back to life, so like I said before, I'll have to wait and see what the bodyshop says. If all goes well, I am going to make her better than new, I was going to do some major work on the body over the winter anyway.

Thank you all!
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #17
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

that sucks Gleb. Coulda been worse, glad you're okay. Car will be mint in no time.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #18
fukenricen
5th Gear Member

Atleast your alright Gleb but im sure the car is fixable.

Quick question, on one of the pics i see your car with a deep dish rim and in most of the others i dont see them on the car anymore. Curious if that deep dish rim is for sale and how much

wooooooo woooooooooo
AntiRice
11.0@130mph
fukenricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #19
Gleb
E30 ..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukenricen View Post
Atleast your alright Gleb but im sure the car is fixable.

Quick question, on one of the pics i see your car with a deep dish rim and in most of the others i don't see them on the car anymore. Curious if that deep dish rim is for sale and how much
That deep dish is Ronal LS, I bought those wheels and "wet" tires just before going to Calabogie in October. I will not be selling them... not now anyway.
I think that 2 of my Koseis are done after the crash.
Should I decide to upgrade brakes and wheels the Ronals and remaining Koseis will be for sale, but I am not thinking about that now. PM me in January, I should know by then.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Ouch.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #21
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't even touch it man. It will not cost much more, if any then if you pay a body shop to fix that. Buy a clean shell strip it down get it painted then transfer everything over, you will have a super clean car and it will be straight. The thing is since it was such a impact the car will not be straight, chances are it shifted alot of the chassis from being straight so the car will not really ever be the same. Same thing happend to my friends sr20 nx2000 track car, went backwards into a wall got it checked out and the whole car had shifted, just got a new shell and transfered it.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #22
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

Sucks to hear... Good luck with everything
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 AM   #23
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear that you are ok. the crush is part of racing and you will get back in no time.

let me know if you are interested in fixing the car after all, I *could* work something out at my shop.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #24
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
I wouldn't even touch it man. It will not cost much more, if any then if you pay a body shop to fix that. Buy a clean shell strip it down get it painted then transfer everything over, you will have a super clean car and it will be straight. The thing is since it was such a impact the car will not be straight, chances are it shifted alot of the chassis from being straight so the car will not really ever be the same. Same thing happend to my friends sr20 nx2000 track car, went backwards into a wall got it checked out and the whole car had shifted, just got a new shell and transfered it.
A good bodyshop can straighten anything. And as for whether it's worth it or not, sometimes there's more than money in the value of a car...
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #25
rafiki
210k and counting

Sorry to see the carnage. Glad you are OK and am sure you'll have things sorted out for next season.
'01 330i premium package - sahara beige on tan - oe clears - legal tint - manual tranny minus cdv - carbonio intake - aluminum strut bar - sport shocks with h&r springs - uuc camber kit, ss lines, tse3 & evo3 ssk+dssr+rob knob - shark injected
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #26
msix
2nd Gear Member

Holy molly, this does not look good .... sorry to hear about this mishap Gleb ... glad you are okay though!

The winter is long, lots of time to fix it up again, as BigD is saying, there is sometimes more to a car than sheet metal.

Good Luck ....

85 325es
CASC-OR Regional Auto-X Series 2009 and 2010 1st place in D/Mod
Ontario Time Attack Series 2011 1st place in SGT2
msix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #27
static
6th Gear Member

if there was more to a car than metal it should have never been pushed hard on a track.

Sorry to see the carnage, glad you're ok, did you lift midcorner?
I vote it is a good point to regroup (i.e $$$), part out, and start something more involving (full race build with cage, super weight stripping, etc.. you get the idea)
Dare i suggest e36 chassis this time around? Bruno told me his race car used to weigh 2400lb with him in it.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #28
Gleb
E30 ..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
A good bodyshop can straighten anything. And as for whether it's worth it or not, sometimes there's more than money in the value of a car...
That's right! Called the shop yesterday, they are going to replace the rear panel and the quarter panel. That is all I know so far, will stop by on Monday for more detailed info.
By the way, if anyone knows where I can get those parts for a good price, please PM me. 1987 325i 4 door.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #29
Gleb
E30 ..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
Sorry to see the carnage. Glad you are OK and am sure you'll have things sorted out for next season.
Thanks Aziz, I hope so too.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #30
Gleb
E30 ..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msix View Post
Holy molly, this does not look good .... sorry to hear about this mishap Gleb ... glad you are okay though!

The winter is long, lots of time to fix it up again, as BigD is saying, there is sometimes more to a car than sheet metal.

Good Luck ....
Thank you.
I was just trying to go as fast as you, Klaus
I think it can be fixed, If so, I will make it better than new in every way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: