Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
rwdbmwm3
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 469
Rolling Fenders - Where, How , etc

Im looking to roll the fenders on my car,
professionally-where is the best place and whats the price

diy - any guides or anything like that?
rwdbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y
 
FuryriderX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoney Creek
Posts: 1,259
use a baseball bat. apparently thats what shops use

there is a proper tool for fender rolling, i've seen a picture of it. it bolts to the hub then uses a wheel on a pivot to roll out the fender. where you could rent one of these is the question.
__________________
FuryriderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
rwdbmwm3
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 469
and DIY's to using a bat and keeping everything straight?
im guessin get a smaller tire (probably steelie) and force bat towards tire and roll it?
or is there a more specific way to do it
rwdbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
dbworld4k
Addict
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 7,268
Don't forget to seal the rolled lips (inside the fender ofcourse)! getting water/salt/crap in created between the rolled lip and the back of the wheel arch could end up damaging your fender in the long run.

That said, where are you located? If in the GTA, call RMP or BimmerSport. I got mine done from RMP and he did a great job and sealed the lips too.
__________________


'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
rwdbmwm3
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Don't forget to seal the rolled lips (inside the fender ofcourse)! getting water/salt/crap in created between the rolled lip and the back of the wheel arch could end up damaging your fender in the long run.

That said, where are you located? If in the GTA, call RMP or BimmerSport. I got mine done from RMP and he did a great job and sealed the lips too.
i can get there no problem, very close
how much you pay for the job?
rwdbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #6
dbworld4k
Addict
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 7,268
I don't remember the exact number, but it wasn't anything significant by any means. Call him up and ask: 905 951 0002
__________________


'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
rwdbmwm3
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I don't remember the exact number, but it wasn't anything significant by any means. Call him up and ask: 905 951 0002
got any pics of the wheel wells after?
interested to see how it looks
rwdbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
zimzimmma
6th Gear Member
 
zimzimmma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 1,358
yeah RMP can do it no problem..
zimzimmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
1unekE46
2nd Gear Member
 
1unekE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 53
I do not want to take business away from the site sponsors, I have heard many great things about RPM & Bimmersport. As an alternate (if they are overbooked) I have used these guys 5 times to roll fenders and the outcome has always been flawless.
Note that the 5 vehicles used were not BMW's. (vehicles used 88 Mustang, 94Mustang, 03 G35 sedan, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee & 02 Civic.

the place is located in Mississauga, Tires23, ask for Billy.
http://www.tires23.com/

here is an image of the tool they use.
http://www.tires23.com/images/DSC02999.JPG
1unekE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
dbworld4k
Addict
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 7,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdbmwm3 View Post
got any pics of the wheel wells after?
interested to see how it looks
Won't be able to see anything unless I take the wheels off since they're tucked. The key is to SEAL the lips after. Anyone can roll them, just make sure you don't damage the wheel arch itself, and seal the back.
__________________


'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
ThatOneM42
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: whitby
Posts: 225
Send a message via AIM to ThatOneM42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1unekE46 View Post
I do not want to take business away from the site sponsors, I have heard many great things about RPM & Bimmersport. As an alternate (if they are overbooked) I have used these guys 5 times to roll fenders and the outcome has always been flawless.
Note that the 5 vehicles used were not BMW's. (vehicles used 88 Mustang, 94Mustang, 03 G35 sedan, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee & 02 Civic.

the place is located in Mississauga, Tires23, ask for Billy.
http://www.tires23.com/

here is an image of the tool they use.
http://www.tires23.com/images/DSC02999.JPG

actually i dont think they do it anymore but they rent out the tool for $50 a day and $200 deposit.
__________________
ThatOneM42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014