Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #76
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Brawl at the meet 2nite!

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #77
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
I just would like to add that I actually LIKE driving behind trucks in rush hour traffic. They always leave enough of a gap in front of them so they can just roll without stopping. If I'm behind them, I can do the same in 1st or 2nd. It's great.
I do the exact same thing, I always drive behind a tractor trailer in rush hour (read: too slow to be throwing any rocks at me). The unknowing in cars race up and stomp on the brakes repeatedly, while the truck and therefore me will quietly and smoothly coast along at idle, saving gas, clutch, transmission, and brake wear.

I also do it myself quite often, and laugh at all of the drivers honking at me, racing around me just to stop ahead, etc.

Jay

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #78
e30bim
Banned

I'm gonna be packin heat tonight just in case shit gets real
e30bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #79
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
another benifit for trucks on the highway is you can catch the draft behind them if you follow close enough.

jay knows what i'm talking about in the yaris
Old 09-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #80
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
When i'm not in the BMW i always draft trucks. Trucks don't brake unpredictably, and honestly, i find that MORE truck drivers are BETTER drivers than car drivers. Does that mean ALL truck drivers are great drivers?
no.

but they've gone through more training/testing than most people on the road have.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #81
Johnny
2nd Gear Member

All I can say is that you must be around totally different truck drivers than I experience every day, including the one a year ago that blasted me with his horn even though I had my flashers on in the right lane when I could only do 80 (TPS was wonky leaving me at 2400 rpm max).
Professional drivers? Just like the taxi drivers, especially the limos on the 409 who would never give up the inside lane for anything.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #82
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
All I can say is that you must be around totally different truck drivers than I experience every day, including the one a year ago that blasted me with his horn even though I had my flashers on in the right lane when I could only do 80 (TPS was wonky leaving me at 2400 rpm max).
Professional drivers? Just like the taxi drivers, especially the limos on the 409 who would never give up the inside lane for anything.
you shouldn't be on the road with an un-safe car, esp the highway, you should have atleast stuck to local roads to not make it unsafe for you and otehrs.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #83
Johnny
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
you shouldn't be on the road with an un-safe car, esp the highway, you should have atleast stuck to local roads to not make it unsafe for you and otehrs.
Since I was only on the highway briefly, driving at a speed that many people drive at, this comment doen't make much sense. Does this mean that trucks who put on their flashers when they hit a hill should actually get off the road and use local roads? How was my car unsafe? I was driving well within the limits of rush hour, and no other vehicle had any problems with me.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #84
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30bim View Post

I got your back homie.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #85
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30bim View Post
What? You're going to Taco Bell for some burritos and gonna build up gas for tonight?

I think you meant to post this in the other speed law thread That's where all your smart remarks are.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #86
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

I didnt read the whole thread, but the real problem is suburbia! People living in one place, and working far far away. its insanity. Driving through Toronto a few times this summer was enough of a taste of the traffic - its brutal.

I don't understand how people can spend 1hour + in their car, in a traffic jam, every day. What a waste of many hours of your life you will never get back again.

Check out "End of suburbia" documentary, pretty interesting.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #87
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwstylz View Post
I didnt read the whole thread, but the real problem is suburbia! People living in one place, and working far far away. its insanity. Driving through Toronto a few times this summer was enough of a taste of the traffic - its brutal.

I don't understand how people can spend 1hour + in their car, in a traffic jam, every day. What a waste of many hours of your life you will never get back again.

Check out "End of suburbia" documentary, pretty interesting.
And where do you live? Sounds like you're a country bumpkin.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: