Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim Zimma View Post
The suggestion at the top was with regards to traffic congestion. Not people being afraid of trucks.
It still doesn't make any sense. Traffic is a part of city life. If someone doesn't like it, they should migrate to a more rural town, or take a bus.

The negative would outweigh the positive if they were to ever limit trucks, as costs would increase, drivers willing to only commute at night would decrease, and less product would be able to deliver. It would have a huge impact on goods and trade locally, and anything that passes through toronto.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #17
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

so what if the truck trailer fishtails right before rush hour or an hour before rush hour? Same damn problem.

That is why the idea is/was silly in the first place.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
e30bim
Banned

"Oh, i'm sorry, was I too insightful for you?

Clearly you know nothing of how transportation works. Coming from someone who WORKS in the business, I would know. And from anyone who also works in the business, you would hear the same response."

Boots, I was talking about traffic jams and the fact that alot of which may be caused by transport trucks (along with potentially being more dangerous with such a high volume of cars on the road at peak times.) Just because you work in the transportation industry at a loading dock does not know you mean anything about highway traffic. The best example would be if you were a port-a-potty vacuumer, (which you could likely do well because you talk so much shit you would be used to the smell) boasting you were in the plumbing business, trying to give me advice on how to fix a sink.
e30bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #19
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

hahaha, this is entertaining

I hope no one is taking it too seriously.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #20
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

"Public Transit"

And STFU.

You have NO idea how much road and fuel tax trucks pay, it's not even close to the same as a car. 1 year plate for truck = most 20 year old male's insurance rates.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
1 year plate for truck = most 20 year old male's insurance rates.
For a month? or a year? I'm sure the government has its hands in the trucking businesses pockets as well....
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #22
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
For a month? or a year? I'm sure the government has its hands in the trucking businesses pockets as well....
Apple to apples, 1 year plate to 1 year insurance. Why do you think diesel is more expensive than gasoline, even though it only costs pennies a litre to make and transport? It's all road tax in the fuel.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #23
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i think that people that travel to downtown should take train, ttc, bus whatever. there are too many people driving downtown causing all the congestion.
i travel from oakville to markham almost everyday sometimes i work in streetsville but thats not the point.
i have a choice between taking, qew, 427, 401 OR qew, gardiner, 404/don valley. the problem in most area's is corners (where people need to turn on the highway), bridges (where people get scared that there is walls instead of a shoulder), AND on/off ramps or collectors where people decide to get on/off the highway at the very last second or the very first second they get or just merge with traffic at a slow speed slowing everyone down then changing lanes slowing down faster traffic.
so, to fix major traffic jams is to remove the drivers causing it. when every single lane is doing 100km/h, this creates traffic, when 2 lanes are doing 100 and someone is doing 80 in the left lane, theres traffic.
people need to keep the left lane clear for PASSING only. stay in the left lane unless your going to pass. the far left lane is to pass the passer.
trucks maintain a constant speed and stick to their lanes. they don't have too much of an effect on traffic.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30bim View Post
Boots, I was talking about traffic jams and the fact that alot of which may be caused by transport trucks (along with potentially being more dangerous with such a high volume of cars on the road at peak times.) Just because you work in the transportation industry at a loading dock does not know you mean anything about highway traffic. The best example would be if you were a port-a-potty vacuumer, (which you could likely do well because you talk so much shit you would be used to the smell) boasting you were in the plumbing business, trying to give me advice on how to fix a sink.
How many docks have internet access?

When I have to co-ordinate shipments based on travel time, I know a little about highway traffic. I also drive on the SAME highways you are talking about. Take a wild guess, what you think the ratio is between trucks and Cars on toronto highways is? Wild guess?

Last edited by Boots R; 09-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #25
Axxe

Quote:
"Oh, i'm sorry, was I too insightful for you?

Clearly you know nothing of how transportation works. Coming from someone who WORKS in the business, I would know. And from anyone who also works in the business, you would hear the same response."

Lol, go end yourself. Nobody likes you, and you are always wrong. You won't be missed.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
e30bim - Do you think before you post or just simply want to say the opposite of everyone else?

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #27
e30bim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
How many docks have internet access?

When I have to co-ordinate shipments based on travel time, I know a little about highway traffic. I also drive on the SAME highways you are talking about. Take a wild guess, what you think the ratio is between trucks and Cars on toronto highways is? Wild guess?
Boots, I hope any company that is doing logistics for me is online at their loading dock so I can track where my parcels are. I am guessing the ratio is not available without being complete bullshit. If I was guessing I would say there are 27 cars for each truck on the road.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #28
e30bim
Banned

Stiki! Welcome aboard, I was waiting for your pot head ass! I say what's on my mind and I call bullshit out when I see it. I know it's easier to be a sheep in life, but nobody will remember you if you can't think of your own original thoughts/ideas. Secondly, I made this post to see what other people thought, not to be a dictator and force my opinion on anyone. Seeing others insight sometimes changes a persons opinion on a topic. This was the sole intention of this thread. If you don't have anything to contribute but the equivalent of a wet fart then shut your smoke hole.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #29
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Stiki! Welcome aboard, I was waiting for your pot head ass!
Why do u keep calling me a pot head? Do you even know me or know anything about me?

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
europrince
6th Gear Member

The more this e30 guy flaps his mouth, the more of a goof he makes himself look.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: