Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #16
tominizer
6th Gear Member

IF it is an EVO, parting it out is a sin............ totally against the rules............ punishable by a painful slow death.

Not worth that sort of money. BUT, if it is in decent condition and could be restored, then that could be another story.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Rules? What rules?? It's already missing the corrent motor. Unless you can find an original motor, it is an EVO by looks only.

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Further discussions on S14.net seem to indicate that the motor may be the "only" thing missing............. possibly.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #19
Zexxy325is
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Further discussions on S14.net seem to indicate that the motor may be the "only" thing missing............. possibly.
Thats true Tom , it is a evo II car with the wrong engine !
and there's something about the number plate ? extra rivet ...
from what I have heard about this goof ! I don't think you could trust
the km's showing .( 87.000 kms ) why didn't he just turn it back to 88.000kms
the year of the car ? ...
Go talk to this goof, and you will understand were I am coming from !
classic used car sales scum , flashing his fake watch in your face and talkin shit !
As far as parting a car like this , he would be stupid enough to ! after all he's the one thats run it into the ground !

I think he's hoping someone that don't know about the internet ! will just walk
in and carve him a cheque !
Why else does he not post it on some sites, or put it in the trader ?
Zexxy325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #20
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxy325is View Post
...As far as parting a car like this , he would be stupid enough to ! after all he's the one thats run it into the ground...
It doesn't look likely the car will be sold as-is for the current asking price any time soon. What are the possibilities for this car? [A] Find an original motor and restore the car to spec. The preferred option but will require $$$$$. Since the car in general has not been well kept, it is not the best restoration candidate. [b] Lower the price dramatically to a point where it becomes attractive to be purchased as-is. [C] Part it out. How many people want a rolling chassis? How about a complete original and rare interior? The Ka-Ching from this route can add up pretty quickly. [D] Do nothing and let it continue to sit there collecting dust. The stupidest option in my opinion.

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #21
tominizer
6th Gear Member

For it to be worth something, one would have to find the motor that goes with this car. That's a needle in the hay-stack adventure as well a $$$$ pit. Then it should be gutted and fully restored............... the route that I for the most part took with my car. That's a HUGE investment though if you don't have the space and the abilities to do a lot of it on your own. And the time............oh boy the time involved. But it would be worth it "IF" this car is not too far gone and you have lots of money !!!!

The other thing would be to just fix it up to make it reliable and then drive it. But why bother paying the premium as it's not complete as far as an EVO goes. Go buy a regular E30 M3............ if there such a things as a "regular" E30 M3 in the first place !!

As for a fair price for that car, depends on it's real condition......... especially with regards to the body. Mechanicals have already been tampered with and are also fixable in any condition. But the body is likely the critical point for something like this. An original paint EVO is rare, especially in good condition. Value goes downhill once the paint has been re-done. This one is probably not worth half what he's asking, if that. BTW, thsoe EVO plates can be bought on Ebay from time to time.

Anyways, it's too bad. A car like this is becoming very rare and hard to find as more and more of them get wrecked or just die. Even worse is to hear that it's in the hands of someone that just doesn't give a shite about it and has run it into the ground. I'd luv to have found something like this when I started my resto............. but not for that sort of money and from such a turd apparently.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: