Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #31
Jesus Part 2
( )( )

I think you should be telling that to your buddy Rocco over here, he doesnt even know how to spell warranty or even interest...and you want people to bring their high end cars for you to weld it up? lol..what a joke. You type the way you talk.."in-trest".

This thread is interesting though...may I ask the names of these "reps" who you consult? After consulting them your still only pretty sure..not 100% though, so whats the story here? How about someone from BMW actually post some facts...rather than some people who beleive what ever they hear.
Jesus Part 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

What does spelling have to do with welding?

This thread has now just gone downhill.

I don't want to mention the names of the people I spoke with on here, but BMW does not offer lifetime warranty on anything..

Why did this go off topic from a subframe re-inforcement to what is BMW's warranty?

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #33
Jesus Part 2
( )( )

It was only mentioned, because why rip of someone for there apparently inncorrect grammer when the points are perfectly valid (and legible)...yet the OP doesnt get ripped? It was just made to bring him out because it just looks like he had nothin to say to the reply..aka owned? The spelling, i guess was collateral damage..thank Mikee36coupe for the embarassment (if any).

The other questions I dont got an answer for..ask that guy.

Last edited by Jesus Part 2; 10-30-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Jesus Part 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #34
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Lol...

www.RMPMOTORS.com

Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #35
blue dragon
duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Part 2 View Post
It was only mentioned, because why rip of someone for there apparently inncorrect grammer when the points are perfectly valid (and legible)...yet the OP doesnt get ripped? It was just made to bring him out because it just looks like he had nothin to say to the reply..aka owned? The spelling, i guess was collateral damage..thank Mikee36coupe for the embarassment (if any).

I know of several people THIS YEAR who have had subframe issues which were not covered by BMW. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is definitely incorrect.

BMW may cover it, but it is entirely a goodwill situation. I track my car, I was going to replace the rear balljoints, and since the subframe would be out, it was a perfect time for the reinforcement kit.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #36
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I know of several people THIS YEAR who have had subframe issues which were not covered by BMW. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is definitely incorrect.

BMW may cover it, but it is entirely a goodwill situation. I track my car, I was going to replace the rear balljoints, and since the subframe would be out, it was a perfect time for the reinforcement kit.

Thank you!

www.RMPMOTORS.com

Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #37
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Part 2 View Post

At no point in this thread have you been addressed in any way (until today). What is your motivation? Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my earlier post (directed toward e46 driver) but it was not directed at you in any way. Kindly refrain from sticking your nose in others business.

The fact remains that BMW Canada is not covering all vehicles that need this repair, it is not a point of debate, it is a simple fact. RMP has offered a solution to what will become a common problem as e46's age.

BUMP for RMP, fixing what BMW can't/won't!

Back on topic gentlemen

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.

Last edited by Mikeee46coup; 10-31-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #38
anthonya
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2000 323CI Sport/Prem 5sp with 207000KM (as of Nov 6 07)

I may have the subframe issue - and the dealer is covering it 100%. I am in KW, and dealership had mentioned that MITECH would complete this job, but they called back and said they will take it to a shop in Mississauga.

This took (1) phone call, direct to the service manager at BMW Waterloo. (well 1 follow up call from me the day after) - the SM was waiting for an email. The next day she called me back to confirm that it was approved.

Today I received a call from the shop - and they said they will take it whenever I wanted to give it to them.

To be honest, I don't even know if my car needs anything right now - but lets have them repair whatever may be damaged/loose/broken - strengthen or replace whatever they want. They will also warranty all work done - so if I have issues later - its covered.

I may sell this car... what price can I get for it? Its pretty mint and clean and well taken care of.

P.S. Mikeee46coup = Good guy... he looked into hooking me up with a few aftermarket goodies (sorry I never took you up on the offers - but I don't know what I will do with this car just yet)

and for RMP Motors (Rocco) - He seems like a great guy to deal with. He answered all my questions, and gave me a great price to do the repair / upgrade. I checked with him a day before I called BMW - just incase they did not honor the fix and if I had the issue, I wanted to know what the worst case scenario is... but since they (BMW) is fixing it, I will let them pay there authorized shop 2-3X the amount that Rocco charges for the fix.

Rocco will warranty his work - so really... thats all that matter + the price is cheap if you have the issue and BMW does not cover you.

I have read so may posts - all over - where people are not having luck getting the sub frame fixed by BMW - the only thing I do not get is a rental - I am sure if I pushed for that, I may get it... but I have another car and don't want to hassle BMW as they have been great from the start.

Last edited by anthonya; 11-06-2007 at 02:41 PM.
anthonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #39
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

That is great they are covering it!!

But I still reccomend the re-inforcement for people that are using there cars at the track or want the extra strength in the rear subframe area, for everyday hard driving etc.

www.RMPMOTORS.com

Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #40
anthonya
2nd Gear Member

Rocco, what are you saying?

When BMW completes a repair / reinforcement - is it not the same as your system?

I just want clarification - as I know they had a bad design on the E36 / E46 early models or all... but now that they have found the issue - are they not fixing it correctly?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #41
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

They just replace the broken floor with the same floor that you had in the first place, they are not fixing the problem.
Any re-inforcement is NOT the the same as the dealers repair, it is a add on to the trunk floor.
Both e36 and e46 cars have this problem. The 96-99 e36 M3 came from factory with a re-inforcement!!

www.RMPMOTORS.com

Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #42
anthonya
2nd Gear Member

My options are (depending on severity of the damage)

1. reinforcement kit installed
2. take out my subframe and weld in the newer model

Whatever work they do - its warrantied - so I am fine.

Its a daily driver... well I don't even drive it daily - just here and there. If I was tracking the car - I would be at your shop getting your setup, however I think BMW can fix it just fine for a road car.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #43
e46driver
2nd Gear Member

Never said the upgrade wasnt worth it...or you guys are all bad people..

but I guess I was right all along about BMW fixing the issue (with factory material).
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #44
sreeja
1st Gear Newbie

What is this re- enforcement kit.is it's installation is easy?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #45
anthonya
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeja View Post
What is this re- enforcement kit.is it's installation is easy?
This has to be one of the dumbest questions ever... if you can navigate to this forum, sign up and post such a ridiculous question - I am sure you can search using google or the forum tools to find your answer. There is so much info on this on the net - you can spend hours reading about it.

I have heard often that 'no question is a stupid question' - but this is used too loosly.

Use the tools available to gain knowledge - rather then pestering others with these kind of questions...

I did a quick search of your last 5 posts - nothing makes sense to me.

I am just playing around - but really... just grab a box of zip ties, craft glue, cardboard, and paper stock + water, and you can do this in your garage. You don't even need to jack the car up.

(1) Remove your spare tire (its under the hood, right near the intake)
(2) Poor the entire package of glue into the intake
(3) Put the package of paper on the plastic air box - Light the paper on fire and allow the box to melt until a hole appears...
(4) Poor as much water as you can into the intake box

Your sub frame issues are resolved.

Last edited by anthonya; 11-12-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: