Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #16
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
You will start to hear clunking from the rear, or cracking noises, the best way is to properly inspect the car on a hoist!
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #17
blue dragon
duh!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gta
Posts: 130
Rocco did my subframe kit earlier this year. You guys are getting a deal on the price.
__________________
blue dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #18
soon2b-e
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: london
Posts: 192
^^ so im guessing the m3's suffer the same plague as the regular e46's ?
__________________

1995 325i- slushbox, cause i like it that way...
Soon2B- ??? - manual/stick cause i like it that way ?
soon2b-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #19
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
Yes all E46's have the same problem.
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #20
greco
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: mississauga
Posts: 77
Was there ever a recall on the trunk floors or rear sub frame?
greco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 AM   #21
e46driver
2nd Gear Member
 
e46driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: etobicoke
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
Was there ever a recall on the trunk floors or rear sub frame?

no, but I heard that BMW will cover this repair for you. Almost like extending the warranty but without really advertising it. I've known many people who've gotten it done under warranty. All you have to do is go into the dealership and basically complain.

WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE!!!!

Last edited by e46driver; 10-26-2007 at 07:14 AM.
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46driver View Post
no, but I heard that BMW will cover this repair for you. Almost like extending the warranty but without really advertising it. I've known many people who've gotten it done under warranty. All you have to do is go into the dealership and basically complain.

WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE!!!!

They will replace the trunk floor with the SAME floor under warrenty (up to 7 years under corrsion warrenty) and on some cases after. BUT it is the same floor and will tear out again!

The re-inforcement is stronger steel and spreads the stress on a wider stronger piece of steel that is completly welded in not just spot welded.
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 AM   #23
e46driver
2nd Gear Member
 
e46driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: etobicoke
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMPMOTORS View Post
(up to 7 years under corrsion warrenty).
Sorry, but from what I know it's a lifetime warranty so again:

WHY PAY WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TOO???
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #24
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
Even if you got it covered under warrenty, you would spend more on paying for a rental car.
They take a minimum of a week when the dealer bodyshop repairs it, you could get it fixed properly in one day instead!
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #25
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Waterloo/Mississauga
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46driver View Post
Sorry, but from what I know it's a lifetime warranty so again:

WHY PAY WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TOO???
BMW refused to fix my subframe tear, on an entirely stock car, do you actually know anyone in Ontario who had this repaired out of waranty or are they people you "know" online friends?

I've read threads on E46fanatics about Alberta dealers but not one in Ontario.

Last I heard BMW dealerships in Ontario are still in heavy denial mode, despite the 2 official TSB's issued by BMW AG, I could not find a dealer willing to awknowlege the issue aside from BMW Toronto who directed me to the shop BMW Canada "secretly" sends in waranty cars for repair, which had 40+ cars with subframe tears just durring my visit.

Futhermore BMW has never offered a lifetime waranty on any component, remember; some e36's had subframe tears too?

With all due respect where do you hear this stuff from? Any supporting info from a customer in Ontario would be greatly appreciated.
__________________

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #26
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
I also spoke with BMW, there is not Lifetime warrenty.....

Maybe you have it confused with the lifetime oil in the tranny


I personally know one person on this board that got it covered and it took 3 weeks and he had to pay for the rental car!

Rocco
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #27
e46driver
2nd Gear Member
 
e46driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: etobicoke
Posts: 72
Trust me, I dont have it confused with the oil in the tranny (which is in a COMPLETELY different area than the subframe??). I dont know what your tryin to make this look like...

The oil in the tranny is supposed to be replaced at 160km (as per a qualified BMW Service advisor). So are you sure YOU know what your talking about...figured you would since you are "bmw trained" according to your website.

Mikee36coupe,

I know that before BMW did not ackknowledge this issue but rules have changed there and since they are seeing so many of this problem, it is being addressed as long as you go in and tell them what has happenned. The subframe isnt under a "corrosion warranty" because it is structural. Do you work for BMW NA, because I dont know why your saying they dont offer this and that...so what are you basing that on, the facts in this thread? lol and btw, you ask if I know these people that had it done but all your facts are word of mouth and reading on forums about dealers in other provinces.

I personally know someone who HAS had this fixed by BMW Mississauga, and it was sent to European to get repaired. He knew it was getting fixed for free, so he made other arrangements for a car. Even if he had to rent one, its still a lot cheaper than the price of the reinforcement kit which COULD be requested to add on while theyre fixing it, even if it will be extra $ it will STILL be cheaper.

Im guessing you could do the job "properly", but so can the dealership...and on top of it your dealing with a company that will not take short cuts or ANYTHING..it will be done so it comes out like brand new.

so like i said...why pay when you can do it for free?
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #28
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,600
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I like Free
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #29
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,419
I am pretty sure that it is not lifetime warreny, spoke with another two BMW reps today..

I am not selling a trunk floor replacement, I am advertising a re-inforcement for the rear subframe mountings to the trunk floor, that is stronger and will last longer then the OEM trunk floor.
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors

Last edited by RMPMOTORS; 10-29-2007 at 08:54 PM.
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #30
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Waterloo/Mississauga
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46driver View Post
Mikee36coupe,

I know that before BMW did not ackknowledge this issue but rules have changed there and since they are seeing so many of this problem, it is being addressed as long as you go in and tell them what has happenned. The subframe isnt under a "corrosion warranty" because it is structural. Do you work for BMW NA, because I dont know why your saying they dont offer this and that...so what are you basing that on, the facts in this thread? lol and btw, you ask if I know these people that had it done but all your facts are word of mouth and reading on forums about dealers in other provinces.

I personally know someone who HAS had this fixed by BMW Mississauga, and it was sent to European to get repaired. He knew it was getting fixed for free, so he made other arrangements for a car. Even if he had to rent one, its still a lot cheaper than the price of the reinforcement kit which COULD be requested to add on while theyre fixing it, even if it will be extra $ it will STILL be cheaper.

Im guessing you could do the job "properly", but so can the dealership...and on top of it your dealing with a company that will not take short cuts or ANYTHING..it will be done so it comes out like brand new.

so like i said...why pay when you can do it for free?
^I'm sorry; I can't even begin to decipher what you have typed here. Please take some kind of introductory to sentence structure class before replying to any future posts.

Thanks in advance.
__________________

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.