Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #16
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Wrong. Your card is not in your hand, it is in the hands of the gas attendant. When they swipe your card, they have physical access to the card making it easy to steal the data. Furthermore, if you go in and sign your card, they have a copy of your signature. At the very least, you stuck the card into a machine they run and have access to alter.

The online purchases are known as 'no card present' and are much riskier for the merchant. Since they cannot prove it was you who typed in the number, a 'charge-back' or charge refute nearly always goes in the favour of the customer.

Imagine how quickly a company would be out of business if they arbitrarily charged $ on cards without consent. The merchant accounts would be cancelled within a day or two. Mastercard / VISA / Amex take that shit seriously.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #17
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Wrong. Your card is not in your hand, it is in the hands of the gas attendant. When they swipe your card, they have physical access to the card making it easy to steal the data. Furthermore, if you go in and sign your card, they have a copy of your signature. At the very least, you stuck the card into a machine they run and have access to alter.

The online purchases are known as 'no card present' and are much riskier for the merchant. Since they cannot prove it was you who typed in the number, a 'charge-back' or charge refute nearly always goes in the favour of the customer.

Imagine how quickly a company would be out of business if they arbitrarily charged $ on cards without consent. The merchant accounts would be cancelled within a day or two. Mastercard / VISA / Amex take that shit seriously.
I always use fast pay which means the card is always in MY hand. I have never once lost or have been overcharged at the gas station and neither has anyone I know. I have many friends who have been totally screwed over by transactions over the internet. The #1 source being ebay with no refund. Not small stuff I mean thousands of dollars.

Yes businesses could get in trouble for overcharging...but then it comes down to customer vs company in court. Whos got more money for the better lawyer? Its a sad world we live in. These are just the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I'm not talking about people you know, or I know, or your friends who got screwed for thousands of dollars on ebay. (Which must suck for them.) I'm talking about national and international statistical averages. Typically, the highest fraud rate happens when the card is inserted iypnto a foreign device or places in the hands of someone else (restaurants ALWAYS take your card, and then you leave your signed slip on the table unattended. Everybody does.)

I also deal with NCP chargebacks on a near daily basis. People literally buy something, have it shipped to a friends place and refute the charges. All the time. I think I'll do all my xmas shopping that way this year.

A n y w a y, the site listed is trustworthy. I've bought from them as has much of the bimmer community at large.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #19
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

your piston rings may be gone

also their is a very high change that there is a vacuum leak

if your exhaust is shooting out black, not blue, then it is a vacuum leak that can surly mess up your idle. i speak from experience.

pull out ur plugs, clean them GOOD
lick in some injector cleaner and high octance fuel...and make sure you got no vacuum leaks
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: