Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #46
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Judging by the age/maturity of blitxsix, i'd say the odds are against him.

Come on, e30bim put the offer out, MAN up.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #47
e30bim
Banned

I am manning up dude. I bet him, I will pay if he wants to prove it to me. He knows the terms/conditions now. I will give him 7 days to produce proof. I have 50 crisp $20 bills waiting for him. If this actually goes down we need a couple officials from Max.

I will give him $1000 if:

a) On Sept. 17, 2007, he had $45,000 CAD available in liquid assets. Excluding RRSP's, Lines of Credit, Home Equity. He is free to use only money in play in the stock market, mutual funds, bonds, GIC's, Savings Account's, Chequing Accounts. He essentially has to prove to me that he could have paid full MSRP in cash for the exact 2007 BMW 328xi he is driving.

b) The accounts can be proved to be his by people who work at a Chartered Bank in Canada, or an official representing a registered Investment Firm.

c) The car must be proven to be his, the title of course will be under the leasing company but must be registered to him and not his parents, a friend, uncle etc. etc.

d) He must produce documentation to me within 7 days from today. Deadline is 00:01 October 3rd, 2007.

e) It has to be the same "friend" that has the "leased brand new 328xi" that has less than 5000 km on the car. (It's been almost 2 weeks, so I will be very liberal, and he has to show me less than 8000 km on the odometer of this car)

- I basically want to protect myself from him digging up some guy that has the same car as his "friend" to collect on the bet.

- This is what I am proposing for now. Obviously if anyone has any objections/comments/suggestions, this is an open board so feel free to add any additional ideas you may have.

I am a man of my word, and I want this to remain fair for both of us. Blistix called me up to the plate, so here I am. Let's rock and roll.

Last edited by e30bim; 09-25-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #48
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Judging by the age/maturity of blitxsix, i'd say the odds are against him.

Come on, e30bim put the offer out, MAN up.

Are you kidding me? *I'm* immature ? You're the one who started flaming like an angry 13 year old when I posted the question, being jealous that people can have expensive cars that are their own and not their parents.

Honestly, you're as bad as e30bim... you know nothign about the situation (age/income/etc of my freind) yet you go and flame away for no reason.

I'd love to know how YOUR behavior is mature, yet mine is not, when all I did was ask a simple question regarding the limiter on a car.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #49
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30bim View Post
I am manning up dude. I bet him, I will pay if he wants to prove it to me. He knows the terms/conditions now. I will give him 7 days to produce proof. I have 50 crisp $20 bills waiting for him. If this actually goes down we need a couple officials from Max.

I will give him $1000 if:

a) On Sept. 17, 2007, he had $45,000 CAD available in liquid assets. Excluding RRSP's, Lines of Credit, Home Equity. He is free to use only money in play in the stock market, mutual funds, bonds, GIC's, Savings Account's, Chequing Accounts. He essentially has to prove to me that he could have paid full MSRP in cash for the exact 2007 BMW 328xi he is driving.

b) The accounts can be proved to be his by people who work at a Chartered Bank in Canada, or an official representing a registered Investment Firm.

c) The car must be proven to be his, the title of course will be under the leasing company but must be registered to him and not his parents, a friend, uncle etc. etc.

d) He must produce documentation to me within 7 days from today. Deadline is 00:01 October 3rd, 2007.

e) It has to be the same "friend" that has the "leased brand new 328xi" that has less than 5000 km on the car. (It's been almost 2 weeks, so I will be very liberal, and he has to show me less than 8000 km on the odometer of this car)

- I basically want to protect myself from him digging up some guy that has the same car as his "friend" to collect on the bet.

- This is what I am proposing for now. Obviously if anyone has any objections/comments/suggestions, this is an open board so feel free to add any additional ideas you may have.

I am a man of my word, and I want this to remain fair for both of us. Blistix called me up to the plate, so here I am. Let's rock and roll.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #50
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
blitzsix u bafoon .. whats the point of pasting the picture .. go do this in person so you can collect your dough.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #51
BlitzSix
6 Speed

It is to please the masses until the proper documentation can be aquired
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #52
e30bim
Banned

That says September 25th, I asked for the 17th. Secondly, I am assuming this is your account, which is not in question. Thirdly, I highly doubt that this is your account either when you're driving a '92 Civic Sedan. I'm sure you would drive something a little newer if you had 100k kicking around.

Lastly, this really is none of my business, but you have a hold of funds for $17,000 on your chequing account. The topic at hand here is you just posted a .jpg of a random CIBC account summary with no name associated to it. Could I post a picture of yacht and show my status? By how defensive you are getting I can see that my $1000 is safer than a diebold.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #53
BlitzSix
6 Speed

I know you asked for the 17th, I just asked my friend to take a screen shot of his account today just for now until he can get the proper documentation that he had the same amount on the 17th.

This is not my account. My friend sent me the screenshot.

Not my account, but there is a 17 000 hold probably because a cheque was deposited and still needs to be cleared.

While this is completely different from posting a pictures of a boat, since that could be found in a search, and I doubt you'll find many screenshots of bank accounts on google with today's date, I agree that it is not "official" enough to warrant the $1000 (people can say that it's photoshopped, etc), hence why I said it was just something to post for now to shut up the nay sayers like t dot.

Lastly, how exaclty am I "getting defensive"? I would really like to know this, as all I've done is call you and t dot immature, which is the same thing I did in my very first post.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #54
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
That says September 25th, I asked for the 17th. Secondly, I am assuming this is your account, which is not in question. Thirdly, I highly doubt that this is your account either when you're driving a '92 Civic Sedan. I'm sure you would drive something a little newer if you had 100k kicking around.

Lastly, this really is none of my business, but you have a hold of funds for $17,000 on your chequing account. The topic at hand here is you just posted a .jpg of a random CIBC account summary with no name associated to it. Could I post a picture of yacht and show my status? By how defensive you are getting I can see that my $1000 is safer than a diebold.
Bitch, you got owned. Quit crying, pay up, and shut your mouth.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #55
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

haha LOVE it... blitz gets a grand cuz' some jealous know-it-all couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #56
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Since when does maturity = immature?

Your rant is exactly what I mean.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #57
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Since when does maturity = immature?

Your rant is exactly what I mean.
What are you talking about?

You said:

"Judging by the age/maturity of blitxsix, i'd say the odds are against him."

Implying that I am young and immature and the odds are against me. THen you said:

"Come on, e30bim put the offer out, MAN up."

That I have to man up since e30bim put the offer out.

Thus, you're essentially flaming me for no reason. How does me pointing that out make me immature?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #58
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Since lim(fx) = lim(fa) Therefore x and a are the same

why do you post like that. lol

makes you sound kinda douchey

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #59
e30bim
Banned

The bet is still on. I find it convenient how fast his friend was able to show him his financial records. Anyways name the date and time and I'll be there. Something seems fishy about someone that aparently buys a $70,000 GIC instead of buying mutual funds. But we'll all have to wait and see! : )

Lastly, someone with a healthy account like that would laugh if he was called up by some douche driving a rusted '92 chivvvvic saloon and said "hurry up and get me a screen shot of your account overview so I can prove you have more than $45,000 and we'll be able to get $1000 off this guy on the internet" Hahaha I am actually laughing right now, but it's your $1000 to come and get once you do a little leg work and get me the proper paperwork and credentials. Time is ticking! 6 Days and 19 hrs left, get movin!

Last edited by e30bim; 09-25-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #60
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Quote:
The bet is still on. I find it convenient how fast his friend was able to show him his financial records. Anyways name the date and time and I'll be there. Something seems fishy about someone that aparently buys a $70,000 GIC instead of buying mutual funds. But we'll all have to wait and see! : )
Yes, because its OH SO SUSPICIOUS that one can log into his banking account and take a screenshot. What did you expect it to take, a week to do that? If anything that proves that it's real if all he has to do is log in and take a picture...

And you forgot to respond to my question about how exactly I'm "getting defensive" ?

Also, no offence but your financial advice was proved wrong around 20 times by 10 different people in this thread, maybe it is wise to stop giving it out

Last edited by BlitzSix; 09-25-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: