Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #61
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

I know how you feel..
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #62
davide30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Oh, I'm also pissed at one of the cars who did a 180 on the highway and spun gravel at my car. You hope it wasn't you.
Did you leave earlier to tell your mom how pissed you were of the ride.

BTW sorry for the gravel
davide30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #63
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Too bad I said the pissing was over. All this ammo and no place to use it.

These guys are making good names for themselves eh?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #64
ScardE30
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Too bad I said the pissing was over. All this ammo and no place to use it.

These guys are making good names for themselves eh?

Hey! did you overheated the brakes on the forklift too.

BTW You started that shit by over reacting and it's not fare for the volounters and organizers. We had fun you did not so next year like you said just stay home.
ScardE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #65
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Actually, if I'd had my kid in the car, I'd be pretty upset at the way things seemed to have unfolded.

ScardE30: If you represent the organizers and volunteers, I'm glad I couldn't go.
DavidE30: No respect for anyone elses ride? Shame on you Montreal guys.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #66
Lee in Ottawa
5th Gear Member

Hmmm. . should I or shouldn't I post in this thread.

Alright here goes.

Granted I wasnt' there but I have been to a few and do agree it sucks how everyone always gets lost but im my opinion thats half the fun and i expect it. I know getting lost is not your point jay and i completely see your side as well.

BUT. . . lets all act a little more sensible here, last thing we need is to make an awkward tension between montreal in ottawa. **** if they didn't come and meet us twice a year I'd only know like 5 guys who appreciate bimmers. Lets close this thread and open a new one where the mtl guys and locals post some damn pics because while you were all off having fun I was towing my pos home because i'm still not finished (18 mths behind schedule but i swear she'll be ready for friday night )

Now lets see some pic.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #67
everlast

Lee's right. Where's the love? We all have something in common: we love old BMWs. Besides, I think that forklift crack was pretty clever. I wish I owned a forklift, I'd never have jack my effin' car up again.

Here are the only pics I got that turned out:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=511614485

Lemme know if that link doesn't work; facebook claims its a public link, but other albums don't work for some people. Facebook is still working out the bugs in the non-logged in portion of their site and I feel their pain.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #68
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
We all have something in common: we love old BMWs.
Well, to a point...what's the deal with those isetta's?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #69
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Ottawa View Post
swear she'll be ready for friday night
BOUT TIME!!
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #70
Turbo_Bimmer
1st Gear Newbie

Wow!
sorry for the late reply, and be sure I don't want to restart the whole thing, but I think I have things to say and defend myself from what has been said here, mostly by Everlast.

Firstofall, yes, I'm the owner of the rally E30, Michel.

Where to start?

I see that there are some emotions from Everlast. May be you typed this as soon as you got home from the ballade. May be it would have been different if it had been posted a day later.
Also, I think that the fact that you had a problem with your brakes didn't help neither.

Well, first I would like to specify that I was not the group leader, Mike was. I was the last car of the ballade and my job was to make sure that no car was left stranded on the side of the road.

At one point, in Morin-Heights, the group was separated because of a red light. As far as I know, nobody from the first group never slowed down to wait for the second half of the group. The poor guy that instantaneously became the 'new group leader' took the road assuming that he would catch up the first group, which never happened because the first group turned right on the 329.

I was not aware of that, I was the last car and didn't see what was happening at the front. It's only minutes later on the 364, just after we passed the 329, that someone in a E36 pulled on the shoulder to tell me that we should have take the 329 and that the group was now two groups. I told him to go back and take the 329 and try to reach the group and I would go to try to catch up the cars that were on the wrong road.
I sounds easy, but I had some time lost while I was talking with the E36 guy, so, I eventually reached the second group, but many kms farther. Then, I tried my best to stop the group by flashing high beams, horn etc. Not everyone could see me, so, some did stop, some continued. That's when Everlast, if I'm not mistaken, offered me to go and get the other cars. I followed him at a slower pace with the rest of the group and eventually everyone were together.

Now, the drive back. I then became the group leader because I knew what road to take. I didn't drove 140 like it has been said. I drove like 20 kmh over the limit in the straights, but had to slow down in corners because of my winter tires. I did only one pass because of a slow truck, not more. There was no traffic on that road and the pass was easy. There was no way to get lost on that road, it was the same road we took minutes earlier and without intersections. When we reached the 329, I stopped on the shoulder to explain to almost every cars that I decided to continu the 364 straight through St-Sauveur, then to Ste-Adele, and not make the long tour since we were late on the schedule. I talked to Quebec members and Ottawa members, you can check. That last 5 minutes or more. If there were slower cars, they had plenty of time to reach us, but at that point I'm sure everyone was there. We took the 364, and at St-Sauveur I drove through the village, to make the ride more interresting. After the village, I stopped a second time on the shoulder just before we reached the 117. After a couple of minutes, the pack was formed again and we took the 117 north toward Mt-Gabriel, at the same speed as the local trafic.

During the meeting, there is something I said. It's that every car is responsible of the car behind him. So, if you don't see the car behind you, slow down or stop and wait for him. The car in front of you will do the same etc.

Also, before we left La Cremerie, Mike and I offered maps to people who wanted one. Only a few people took one. I still have a bunch of these maps on my desk, so it's not fair saying that we didn't offered maps to people.

And the point about the 364 reaching the 117 only minutes later, it's not correct. Like they say, " tous les chemins menent a Rome", or if you drive long enough, you will eventually be there. To reach the 117 from where we were, we would have had to drive the 364 further, then take the 327 up to Tremblant, then the 117 south to St-Adele, which represent a drive longer that the balade itself. The fastest way was to go back on the 364 like we did.

I did my best to try to recuperate the group, and to be in time at the brunch. Like it has been said, every year we loose people, and even if we talk to the group and tell them to wait for other, it's never perfect.

I don't know what to add to this, if it's that we were all there to have fun and share a passion we have. Hopefully it will continu that way.

Michel.
Turbo_Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #71
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Okay fine, *hugs*

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #72
everlast

I was only referring to the ride from when we turned around until we got to the town of St. Sauveur. I was following one car (Tony) and we were driving 120+ (very plus in a few cases) in the straights and cornering aggressively, many times not slowing down, and we still lost the group in front of us. When the lead group pulled over at the 117 junction, we certainly weren't there and nobody waited for us.

I'll tell you why I wouldn't drive any faster: I was trying to keep the cars behind us in view, and there are bikes on that rode that stick their heads over the double yellow all the time, and a head vs. my mirror is not good. As a biker I give them extra room on the road.

If it was not Michel that lead the "turn around group", then I apologize, but from the comments from the other QC club guys, whoever led the group didn't drive slow, and I would have to agree since I never saw them again for that portion of the drive. I'm not delving any more into this, it has already polluted the whole experience for me.

So, Michel, I'm sorry and I'd like more details on your E30. I never got to get a good look and I wished I had.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #73
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

A Suggestion- Two Ways!! We all should have 2 way radios. That way no one would get lost, if this was the Gumball Rally it would be different, everyman for himself.

This is the second fall cruise in a row that I was involved in geting lost twice and it's always that small town with tons of people in it lol. Oh well what can you do know it's over. Yes I was pissed abit too... but it's all water under the bridge now. I'm starting to wonder if it's because of what happened last year, that there were not alot of people showed this year??

Lets not let this ruin our relationship with the Montreal/Ottawa Guys. Without them this year our cruise would have been only 6-7 cars.. Compared to the spring cruise last year with 40+.

Other then that it was fun and I always enjoy a little spireted driving lol

Hopefully there will be a larger turn out next year

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #74
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

I see 'frustration' ...
i've never been on one of these but have heard all about em for years

what is needed is better planning ...every1 knowing the route ahead of time
not just 2 or 3 group leaders. maps for everyone.
everyone should be responsible for keeping with eachother, a group team type 'mindset' if you will..

if you're doing a 4 hr driving course you should have stop points every 1.5hrs
and wait 10-15mins to collect every1..
and you can all as a group advance to the next point..
you'll always have a few that need to shoot out front & have some fun (even on bike group rides)

but if everyone knows where they're going it creates less Panic/frustration when you loose track of a few or everyone..
even without any radios (bike group rides) this will cut down on Confusion,
cause you know every1 will be stopping at point 'x' along the way, etc..

the BMWCC forum is toast. for months now... the group will get smaller every year Until they fix that..
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #75
davide30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoe View Post
Actually, if I'd had my kid in the car, I'd be pretty upset at the way things seemed to have unfolded.

ScardE30: If you represent the organizers and volunteers, I'm glad I couldn't go.
DavidE30: No respect for anyone elses ride? Shame on you Montreal guys.
you betcha !!!!
davide30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: