Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #46
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

im pretty bummed i couldn't make it. Especially since it was probably the nicest wheather we have had for a fall cruise in like 3 years.

We should definetly try and organize another cruise before the end of october and all the cars go away.
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #47
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

Cool pics Mr T. Who is the owner of the Euro E28 M5? I would like to contact him to see if he would like to come to Tedfest next summer. Ted in T.O.
Ted in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #48
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

That DTM coloured E30 looks oh-so hot. Is that Raphs?
Jamil20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #49
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I'm sure I can get the name of the fellow who had the Euro m5. It was a pleasure to be around; it looked good and smelled great. He is from Ottawa and brought his wife and kid on the cruise which is cool.

Jamil, if you mean the rally e30, it was the leader of the Quebec half of the cruise, and he drove like a dink and lost half the group, making us miss lunch and seriously pissing me off. I'm going to have words with the club about him. It was seriously not cool.

edit: rally e30, not m3.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #50
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

Here is the short and quickly edited video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T77wNu3eBls
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #51
ScardE30
1st Gear Newbie

Talking

[quote=everlast;1057469]
Jamil, if you mean the rally e30, it was the leader of the Quebec half of the cruise, and he drove like a dink and lost half the group, making us miss lunch and seriously pissing me off. I'm going to have words with the club about him. It was seriously not cool.

So you can't keep the momentum of an E30 on winter tires!!!

Maybe you deserved to miss brunch LOL.

Seriously don't be piss at him since he's the one who found out we where going to wrong way,after we just had to make up for some lost time.
ScardE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #52
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScardE30 View Post

So you can't keep the momentum of an E30 on winter tires!!!

Maybe you deserved to miss brunch LOL.

Seriously don't be piss at him since he's the one who found out we where going to wrong way,after we just had to make up for some lost time.
Or, maybe doing 130 plus on a busy highway with a lot of motorcycles isn't smart. I'm sure I could go very fast on those roads, but don't. The point is, he was supposed to be helping everyone else find their, not racing. If he did want to go fast, he should slow up to allow the rest to catch up.

One of our members had his wife and kid in the car; do you think they'd like to drive like that? No. That's likely the last cruise I go on with that crew, it left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Lastly, a map that another member had showed the route that we were on *was* correct, and was supposed to hit the 117 (which we were minutes from by my best guess) then go south to Mont Gabriel. I don't know for sure, just that a better organized cruise means people have maps. How much for the cruise organizers to photocopy the directions.. $1.50?

So, please don't tell me whom to be pissed at.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #53
everlast

Oh, I'm also pissed at one of the cars who did a 180 on the highway and spun gravel at my car. You hope it wasn't you.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #54
jeffrie
Addict

Last few cruise I was on was more or less two groups, one that wanted and would go fast and "drive" and the other who stayed back and would "cruise" then meet up for lunch @ the pre determined rest stops for pics & chit chat ect...

I'v done some Winter rally driver's training with that guy in the rally e30, He's not just some punk who thinks he can drive, he really can.

You wouldn't have liked some of the old cruises we used to do, ask Adam, Tony, or Sam about the ones Aziz used to set up with that guy from the US that had that sharked 325ci, I miss them cruises.

By the sounds of it I'm glad now I didn't go on this one.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 09-25-2007 at 08:19 AM.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #55
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie View Post
I'v done some Winter rally driver's training with that guy in the rally e30, He's not just some punk who thinks he can drive, he really can.
Everyone here seems to be missing my point. I don't give a **** if we drive fast or not, but others certainly did. And, since we got totally ****ing lost and nobody slowed down to wait for us so we could find our way, we got to the meeting place an hour late, which means my afternoon plans were half shot. If he and others wanted to drive fast and split up the group, then make ****ing sure somebody knows where we're going next time.

Plus, as a favour to the rally car guy, he pulled over the last half of the group and I went after the first half when we were "going the wrong way" (which we weren't). While doing this, my brakes over heated therefore I didn't really want to shoot off into the forest.

So, I don't think he was some punk who drives fast, I think he was an irresponsible cruise leader and didn't do a good job at it.

Mike, the Ottawa cruise leader, drove kind of slow for my taste, but we were together all the time. If we got separated, he'd pull over and wait for the group to catch up, and he made his intentions clear where we were going.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #56
jeffrie
Addict

Unfortunat that it ruined your day, live and learn nobody's perfect and obviously that group leader definatly wasn't.
At least now you & the rest of us know better for next time.
I still think you over reacting.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 09-25-2007 at 06:45 PM.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #57
ScardE30
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Or, maybe doing 130 plus on a busy highway with a lot of motorcycles isn't smart. I'm sure I could go very fast on those roads, but don't. The point is, he was supposed to be helping everyone else find their, not racing. If he did want to go fast, he should slow up to allow the rest to catch up.

One of our members had his wife and kid in the car; do you think they'd like to drive like that? No. That's likely the last cruise I go on with that crew, it left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Lastly, a map that another member had showed the route that we were on *was* correct, and was supposed to hit the 117 (which we were minutes from by my best guess) then go south to Mont Gabriel. I don't know for sure, just that a better organized cruise means people have maps. How much for the cruise organizers to photocopy the directions.. $1.50?

So, please don't tell me whom to be pissed at.
Maybe you should be piss at your driving skills!
ScardE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #58
everlast

Quote:
Edit: thanks for souring me even more towards the day / crowd. ""

Edit #2: removed my contribution to the sourness.

Edit #3: I never get in pissing matches on the interweb. What the hell? No more pissing for me.

I guess I have a different view of what the day was supposed to be. In any case, there were nice cars and I did make it to Tremblant and saw some cool race cars. 'nuff said.

Last edited by everlast; 09-25-2007 at 07:50 PM.
everlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #59
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Come on, man. Show some maturity.

He's just saying that there were cars with children inside, and he wanted everyone to stay together instead of splitting up.
Jamil20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #60
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Who are you?

If you drive the same way you act around here, I can see how the day would have sucked for everyone else.

But actually you are quite right, you really do need some mad driving skills to be able to drive fast on public roads.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: