Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-21-2003, 12:25 AM   #61
bmw318i
2nd Gear Member

all race a m5. i ran my car at 12.89 , m5 runs low 13s it would be a very good race
Old 01-21-2003, 01:32 AM   #62
Soldo
6th Gear Member

but really, just outta curiousity how many would be interested in getting together and going to a track, also, the NEXT question is, would you all perfere a ROAD COURSE, or a 1/4 MILE COURS (for those who like to talk shit!!!)?!?!?!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:36 AM   #63
moerom
6th Gear Member

If we are going to Cayuga, I am there 100%!!!!
We tried three times in the fall but it rained all three times
A few guys made it up though, and there is video of their respective runs....

1/4 mile all the way

Road course has too many implications and much preparation...
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:55 AM   #64
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
If we are going to Cayuga, I am there 100%!!!!
We tried three times in the fall but it rained all three times
A few guys made it up though, and there is video of their respective runs....

1/4 mile all the way

Road course has too many implications and much preparation...
not even man, i'd MUCH rather do road course, but i see where YOUR comin from, since you truck was made more on the side of the 1/4 mile as opposed to a road course, but anyone else!?!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:05 PM   #65
Cristian330Ci

Afterall I love the way the NSX oversteers!!!

They should have added an '02 M5....
Cristian330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:02 PM   #66
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

hey..pat, if u said a light weight car will generally handle better than a heavier car...if you took an S2000 and E36 M3 which would win? since they are equally fast in straight line speeds..what about cornering? i heard the S2000 handles like a go cart! hehe

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:53 AM   #67
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Arrow Mid Engine Car...

It's definitely a unique car, but the design is getting very very old. The 2004 NSX should be interesting. I've heard numbers around 350-400 HP. It depends if they do the 3.6L V6 or the 4.0 V8. Still mid engine, rear wheel drive. It should be a good combination.

But letís face it, even if you donít like the style, it was/is a great car. BMW didnít have VANOS until 1992 in the M50 engine for the 5 Series. The fact the Acura had the variable valve lift in 1990-1991 is quite impressive (NSX). Furthermore, the 92 or 93 Integra had the variable valve in the GS-R model. You have to give the NSX respect for what it can do. It definitely stands out. The only problem is, the design/technology is too old now. It should be updated!!!

To each is own. It took me a long time to decide if I wanted another BMW. I questioned their reliability, and still do (The alternator on my 2002 is making a grinding noise). I wonít own a BMW unless it under full warranty (bumper to bumper).

I think BMW are great cars, but certainly not the best. I get spanked everyday with my buddies CL Types S manual, and it costs the same as my car (and has way more features).

The NSX is definitely a track car. Itís a point and shoot kind of vehicle. I would love to drive one....

Just to compareÖ.

1997 1997
Acura BMW
NSX-T M3
6-speed 5-speed Manual
175 mph 153 mph (Top Speed)

0-30 mph 2.10 s 1.90 s
0-40 mph 2.80 s 3.20 s
0-50 mph 4.10 s 4.20 s
0-60 mph 5.20 s 5.50 s
0-70 mph 6.40 s 7.50 s
0-80 mph 8.40 s 9.30 s
0-90 mph 10.10 s 11.50 s
0-100 mph 12.00 s 14.70 s

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
1:25.6 1:27.4 (1st Lap)
1:18.4 1:20.0 (2nd Lap)
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 02:39 AM   #68
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
hey..pat, if u said a light weight car will generally handle better than a heavier car...if you took an S2000 and E36 M3 which would win? since they are equally fast in straight line speeds..what about cornering? i heard the S2000 handles like a go cart! hehe
Well, what I said was mass is the enemy on a race track. So many other factors are involved in making a car handle well on the track (suspension design, chassis design and flex et al) that one can't just look at two cars and automatically say one is better than another.

The E36 M3 has greater amounts of torque, and a stiffer chassis (having a roof and all...). The S2000 has a narrow powerband, basically from 6500-8500 RPM. Gearing will have a lot to do with how well each car does at the track.

With equal drivers, the M3 *should* be quicker, particularly on a tight, technical track (like Cayuga).

At Mosport, it might be a different story, as the S2000 may be able to maintain enough cornering speed to level the playing field. Not having driven an S2000, I can't tell you what they are like though. I have yet to see a really quick S2000 at the track, as we simply don't get many of them out.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 02:43 AM   #69
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
Well, what I said was mass is the enemy on a race track. So many other factors are involved in making a car handle well on the track (suspension design, chassis design and flex et al) that one can't just look at two cars and automatically say one is better than another.

The E36 M3 has greater amounts of torque, and a stiffer chassis (having a roof and all...). The S2000 has a narrow powerband, basically from 6500-8500 RPM. Gearing will have a lot to do with how well each car does at the track.

With equal drivers, the M3 *should* be quicker, particularly on a tight, technical track (like Cayuga).

At Mosport, it might be a different story, as the S2000 may be able to maintain enough cornering speed to level the playing field. Not having driven an S2000, I can't tell you what they are like though. I have yet to see a really quick S2000 at the track, as we simply don't get many of them out.

Pat
in the video that was posted..it was an in car cam..i saw E46 M3s past the car, the S2000 came in 2nd or something and a mustang 5.0L which i saw at mosport came in 1st (i forgot his name...), where there any E36 M3's on the track during that day?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:48 AM   #70
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
What video was that? Send me a link, or the video itself.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: