Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
2002guy
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 2002guy
professional detailing

i want to get my car professionally detailed in and out...i also want to bring the shine back from my paint.. i know its there i just cant find it..

any recommendations will be great

My Cars:
1974 "2502" m20 2002
1989 735i
1982 vw rabbit
2002guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002guy View Post
i want to get my car professionally detailed in and out...i also want to bring the shine back from my paint.. i know its there i just cant find it..

any recommendations will be great
Do you want quality or a cheap price? If you want a cheap price, be prepared as the work performed by most detailers needs to be repaired by a quality detailer. As well, a quality detailer may need to charge you an additional fee for repairing a job.

A quality detailer will get it right the first time with quality products. Myself, I use boutique products (i.e. some of the best products money can buy).

Too often, though, people shop by price. Detailing is not a commodity, it's a service. With service industries, you get what you pay for.
HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
skru_fase
Lurker

www.gtaindetail.com.

great work by a great guy
skru_fase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
2002guy
3rd Gear Member

i want quality i dont mind paying top dollar for amazing work

My Cars:
1974 "2502" m20 2002
1989 735i
1982 vw rabbit
Old 09-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
2002guy
3rd Gear Member

Holden how much do you charge for a great job. i want the shine back from my paint

My Cars:
1974 "2502" m20 2002
1989 735i
1982 vw rabbit
Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Does it have original paint or is it a repaint? And is it your 2002 that you're asking about?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
2002guy
3rd Gear Member

ya its my 2002 and it has been repainted

My Cars:
1974 "2502" m20 2002
1989 735i
1982 vw rabbit
Old 09-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

PM'd
Old 11-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by skru_fase View Post
www.gtaindetail.com.

great work by a great guy
How much did he charge you?
I need to get the car done before winter hits and wouldn't mind someone coming to my place to do the work.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

If you are located in the downtown area, you may want to check out Every Last Detail in First Canadian Place. They work on both the 5 series and X5 (when I don't have time to do them myself). My buddy has a F430 and M6 that he has done there. On any given day, there are several million dollars of cars being worked on there. They do awesome work and a reasonably priced. A complete detail which includes polish, wax, engine bay, interior ...the works is $199.00. Be prepared to leave you car for the day.

You also get a look at some awesome cars. In the warmer months there is a Carrerra GT on a daily basis!!

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscarlett View Post
If you are located in the downtown area, you may want to check out Every Last Detail in First Canadian Place. They work on both the 5 series and X5 (when I don't have time to do them myself). My buddy has a F430 and M6 that he has done there. On any given day, there are several million dollars of cars being worked on there. They do awesome work and a reasonably priced. A complete detail which includes polish, wax, engine bay, interior ...the works is $199.00. Be prepared to leave you car for the day.

You also get a look at some awesome cars. In the warmer months there is a Carrerra GT on a daily basis!!
There are many shops like this on just about every street corner - this one appears to cater to higher end clientele.

If you expect "awesome work", expect to pay more than $199 - especially if it includes "polish". I think you or they may be misusing that word. Machine polishing takes an awful long time and it would be extremely tough for anyone to offer it at that price, especially given the high costs of running a shop.

My price for a full exterior machine polish is $420. That is without the burdening cost of running a shop, employees etc.

Think very carefully before you hand over the keys to your high-priced automobile to someone who uses Carbrite. Think about it - it is kind of like getting your BMW serviced in the Wal Mart garage out back. It just doesn't make any sense.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
greco
2nd Gear Member

any other places hows autobahn i hear that name alot
greco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Having worked in the financial distect for the past 20 years, I agree, there is a shop on every corner at King and Bay!

I have witnessed the quality of the competion and they don't hold a candle to Every Last Detail. I certainly don't work for them and don't consider $199.99 as a quote, but they do have about 30-40 cars a day and have watched them polish a black Viper to perfection. ( I understand the technique of a polish as I use Poorboy's SSR 1, 2 and 2.5 with my PC). While an independant may not be able to offer that service at such a low price, when you have a captive market like the biggest office tower in the country and wealthy clients who gets their cars detailed on a weekly basis, then maybe you can offer some services at a cheaper price.

My comments were simply trying to highlight the work of a top rate shop that does do "awesome work" and in no way detract from the work of outstanding individuals like yourself and Kevin (picus) at GTA in Detail (anyone works on as many Aston's as him deserves credit!). I certainly know that to book at GTA in Detail is extremely difficult, he is almost booked solid at the beginning of the season becasue he is that good. A larger shop my be able to meet the schedule of the OP.

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Autobahn is a very well known shop, but they are still a shop and work by volume and it is priced accordingly.

Your best bet is to find a good quality mobile detailer. There are two choices to find one of those: http://autopia.org and http://www.detailuniversity.com/find-a-detailer/.

In the end, you get much higher value for your money when you hire a professional detailer because they are generally highly-skilled workers with dedication to the art of detailing.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscarlett View Post
Having worked in the financial distect for the past 20 years, I agree, there is a shop on every corner at King and Bay!

I have witnessed the quality of the competion and they don't hold a candle to Every Last Detail. I certainly don't work for them and don't consider $199.99 as a quote, but they do have about 30-40 cars a day and have watched them polish a black Viper to perfection. ( I understand the technique of a polish as I use Poorboy's SSR 1, 2 and 2.5 with my PC). While an independant may not be able to offer that service at such a low price, when you have a captive market like the biggest office tower in the country and wealthy clients who gets their cars detailed on a weekly basis, then maybe you can offer some services at a cheaper price.

My comments were simply trying to highlight the work of a top rate shop that does do "awesome work" and in no way detract from the work of outstanding individuals like yourself and Kevin (picus) at GTA in Detail (anyone works on as many Aston's as him deserves credit!). I certainly know that to book at GTA in Detail is extremely difficult, he is almost booked solid at the beginning of the season becasue he is that good. A larger shop my be able to meet the schedule of the OP.
I am very familiar with Kevin @ GTA in Detail. His work is outstanding. His wife is also a very skilled photographer if you ever get the chance to have a look at her work.

That's good that you are familiar with machine polishing. But if the audience is captive, as you say, why bother giving your clients more than is necessary?

Shops typically have high costs to consider and generally do not want to overspend on product when they don't have to. The same goes for employees, cleanliness etc.

The highest quality shop I have ever seen was an auto body centre in Markham. They used Farecla compounds and kept the place relatively clean. That, to the best of my knowledge, is as good as it gets.

The marked differences between shops as I have noted are as follows: customer service, cleanliness, and location. Everything else is pretty much identical including products, skill, and overall quality. Which means that the biggest difference between a poor quality shop and a high quality shop is branding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: