Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #16
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

**** ferrari!
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

**** this, I'm watching Nascar road courses. Rubbin' is racin'!! YEEEEHAAAAW

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #18
DoubleApexCa
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
^^ ferrari and FIA are in cahoots.. if they arent leading/winning the year they will do anything to 'right' it in their behalf.. if you dont believe that.. you only need to go thru the years when williams bmw was winning, honda was winning, and when mclaren was winning (hakkenin era). Ferrari and FIA will find ways to punish non ferrari teams. As for team espionage.. come on.. its not like this was the first time it happened.. it happens alot.. most recent was with toyota a few years back.. and when that happened.. ferrari was winning anyways so nothing really came about from it.

As a side note.. ferrari got kicked in the nands when rookie hamiliton strategically out cornered their multi million dollar driver rikonen at monza for 2nd place which firmly set off this penality and fine.

1) Read the FIA Full Report...it's quite an eye opener.. http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...ion_130907.pdfMclaren originally insisted that only Mike Coughlan had Ferrari's technical info. That is clearly not the case as e-mails between Pedro De La Rosa and Fernando Alonso attest. It is quite clear that the information was being used to maximize McLaren's performance. One of FIA's biggest problems was that No-one in Mclaren raised the red flag to FIA, and said, hey we have a problem here. It was only when the scandal broke that Mclaren tried to firewall Mike Coughlan from Nigel Stepney.

2) With regards to the comment on the pass of Raikkonen---What a load of rubbish. Agreed, Ferrari was dealt a kick in the nards. However, Hamilton had an Easy pass because Raikonnen was suffering from a sore neck under braking as a result of his high speed crash into the wall during practice. To think that Mclaren's passing of Ferrari at monza is cause of the fine is well... have some more .

I suggest learning the facts before spouting hyperbole.
G.
DoubleApexCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^ i'll repeat again.. FERRARI and FIA are in cahoots.. I really could not care less what the FIA full report says since they did nothing when Toyota, who was not a threat to ferrari's year, also got a hold of confidential information from ferrari a few years back.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=27&gl=ca

cliff notes:

However, former McLaren driver and television commentator, Martin Brundle jumped to McLarens defence, questioning the FIA’s motives behind pursuing action against McLaren.

"Inside the paddock we can't fathom how, previously, two Toyota F1 employees can be handed prison sentences for industrial espionage using Ferrari software, yet the FIA was not interested in getting involved, and how Colin Kolles from Spyker could walk down the pit lane with a drawing from rival Toro Rosso presented as evidence of cloned cars, yet the FIA took no action," Brundle wrote in his Times column.

Last edited by E36is; 09-14-2007 at 12:32 PM.
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #20
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
I don't know if you're serious but honestly, I watched a few (at Montreal, Road Atlanta and the Glen) and that was the most fun I've had watching a race in a looong time.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Left.

Left.

Another left.

Look out! Left again.

Left.

Pit lane? Just a sharper left.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
bahahahhahahaha, they do have 1-2 courses with turns (Montreal this year I believe, and Watkins Glen?)

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #23
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ
bahahahhahahaha, they do have 1-2 courses with turns (Montreal this year I believe, and Watkins Glen?)
baaah, 4. Mexico, Infineon, Glen, Villeneuve.

And as much fun as those are to watch, I may even give the oval a real shot for a change. If nothing else, the fact that all these world class drivers are going to NASCAR and getting their asses kicked then maybe it means there's a lot more to it than just turning left. Has Montoya even won a single oval race in the Nextel series yet? I'm curious how Villeneuve will do since he's kicked ass on the ovals too with IndyCar.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #24
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^ yea.. montoya won the Toyota/Save Mart 350 race back in june.. funny thing about that race was that he qualified 32nd and went thru to win that race.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #25
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
^^ yea.. montoya won the Toyota/Save Mart 350 race back in june.. funny thing about that race was that he qualified 32nd and went thru to win that race.
From what I've seen it's pretty typical. The front runner guys don't usually do well. I think Gordon was saying the ideal place to be is around the middle of the pack, towards the front. That way, you carry more fuel than the front runners so you can make it farther without stopping, and you get their draft, but you're also not so deep that when shit will inevitably go down, you will get collected.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #26
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Dmitry, I watched the race in Montreal. I was glued to the TV, the last few laps where amazing!! Three wide into the narrow chicanes, two cars off the road!! Lots of action, and genuinely good driving.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #27
Lower_Level
No-Budget Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
baaah, 4. Mexico, Infineon, Glen, Villeneuve.

And as much fun as those are to watch, I may even give the oval a real shot for a change. If nothing else, the fact that all these world class drivers are going to NASCAR and getting their asses kicked then maybe it means there's a lot more to it than just turning left. Has Montoya even won a single oval race in the Nextel series yet? I'm curious how Villeneuve will do since he's kicked ass on the ovals too with IndyCar.
My wife & I just got back from Loudon, NH where we took in the NASCAR race down there. Let me tell you; it's something to watch! 3200lbs & 800 hp on 10" tires is something to take in!

I'm sorry, but I can't get into watching racing where the cars are "programmed" to practically race themselves around the track...

'95 325is - //M Body - Shark Injected - Sport Pkg - Depo's with HID's
Lower_Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #28
Lower_Level
No-Budget Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
Left.

Left.

Another left.

Look out! Left again.

Left.

Pit lane? Just a sharper left.

'95 325is - //M Body - Shark Injected - Sport Pkg - Depo's with HID's
Lower_Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #29
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lower_Level View Post
My wife & I just got back from Loudon, NH where we took in the NASCAR race down there. Let me tell you; it's something to watch! 3200lbs & 800 hp on 10" tires is something to take in!

I'm sorry, but I can't get into watching racing where the cars are "programmed" to practically race themselves around the track...
I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard. It's just difficult to appreciate if you haven't done it and you appreciate road racing. I mean I understand it as a spectacle the same way I understand tractor pulls. It's loud and energetic as all hell but most of us watching racing are like golfers watching Tiger Woods - we know what it takes to play the game and we know how stupidly good you have to be to do what those people do. Driving around an oval is not impressive to the naked eye watching it on TV. You don't get any sense of speed, it just looks like a highway cruise. We aren't in the cockpit feeling the car slip and slide at 180mph, or even in the stands seeing them whip by.

But with F1, where the cars are more akin to fighter jets (in price tag in addition to everything else), you still have to have the ultimate driving skill to position and control the car and be brave enough to drive it at its limits, which are absolutely mind boggling. When we watch these cars go through a quarter mile of a complicated sequence of turns in like 4 seconds, the jaws drop. With oval racing... urr not so much.

Here's another parallel: football (aka soccer). I'd rather watch flies have gay sex. But I don't play the game, well last time I did I was a little kid in Russia and I don't remember enough to appreciate it. The rest of the world plays it and the same people are glued to the tube and kick each other's asses when their team loses. Oval racing is just like that. There are some sports you don't need to have done or seen in person to appreciate - like road racing, American football (except for queers who don't like guys knocking the **** out of each other) and ultimate fighting. Then there are boring to watch but difficult/fun to do sports - like golf, soccer and oval racing.

I don't think I'll ever really get into it because as much as I tell myself look, Montoya, whose INDY car crew chief said has superhuman reaction time (he was literally reacting faster with control corrections than a computer could, tiny fractions of a second), is getting his ass handed to him by fat good ole boys... but that's not enough to get into it, just not exciting. But now that they have more road courses, I'll make plans to watch each and every one of them because it's by far the closest thing to pure road racing competition I've seen on this level in... ever? Everyone is hungry, no one is afraid to bend a fender and the skill is undeniable, even on the boob tube.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #30
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
baaah, 4. Mexico, Villeneuve.(Bush Series), Infineon, Glen(Cup Series)

And as much fun as those are to watch, I may even give the oval a real shot for a change. If nothing else, the fact that all these world class drivers are going to NASCAR and getting their asses kicked then maybe it means there's a lot more to it than just turning left. Has Montoya even won a single oval race in the Nextel series yet?(Nope) I'm curious how Villeneuve will do since he's kicked ass on the ovals too with IndyCar.
Don't forget about Carpentier next year, there's talks that the Owners of Gillette(Montreal CDN's Owner)/Evernham might pick him up. Paul Tracy did a few races with RCR, and can't forget your very own Missisauga native Ron Fellows It'll be interesting next year in the cup series for sure!
Montoya.. wait till next year it'll be good(If he doesn't wreck)

If you want to watch a race, watch Talladega it's coming up in a few weeks. 43 cars jam packed together 3-4 wide inches apart at 200MPH for 188 laps. That takes alot of skill. No mistakes or else you'll whipe out 15-20 cars.

As for this Macleren fine, I can understand it but 100mill is alot of dough. They should have cut that down to 50Mill and get rid of the points, not driver points. And take there cars away and start from scratch..That's my 2 cents..

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: