Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I thought the show went great, about the food idea, I told people to bring their BBQ, and I only say 1 group of people who did bring one.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #17
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Randy,

What a great event... as NICK P stated, it's nicer to see it get bigger and better each year. Hopefully those 2 incidents that occured won't put a bad name to the event.

Guys, not b/c he has so many freckles, but becuase he's really dedicated to the event, we all seriously owe Randy a beer!

Randy,

I've been talking to a lot of people and they are soooo upset that they missed the show because of the weather. # 1 reason, I didn't think anyone would show.

So, that puts another idea in my head... live web cast? We will talk with Mass @ Prioritynetworks Inc. to make it happen if you want.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #18
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells View Post
Randy,

What a great event... as NICK P stated, it's nicer to see it get bigger and better each year. Hopefully those 2 incidents that occured won't put a bad name to the event.

Guys, not b/c he has so many freckles, but becuase he's really dedicated to the event, we all seriously owe Randy a beer!

Randy,

I've been talking to a lot of people and they are soooo upset that they missed the show because of the weather. # 1 reason, I didn't think anyone would show.

So, that puts another idea in my head... live web cast? We will talk with Mass @ Prioritynetworks Inc. to make it happen if you want.

Hey buddy it was great seeing you again. I must admit you guys did a great job judging the event. I feel as if everyone got exactly what they deserved trophy wise. Well done and I think you guys deserve the round of applause and beers !!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #19
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Randy,

Randy,

Nice meeting you on Friday Mike.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #20
Furious
BMW again.

ok here is only only thing that i have to say, now dont get me wrong i love the venue, Mosport is the ultimate venue, but the size of the venue shrinks yearly, i think the problems are these.

-distance, mosport is an easy drive for me (my parents live pretty much right there), but for a lot of people, ive heard bitching and moaning about how far it is. the point of Bimmercruise, is the cruise, which is beautiful.

-timing- september is tough for a good majority of people who both have to get ready to go back to school and those who have kids going back to school, moving etc.

-promotion- internet and the cards are great, however we have to brainstorm a way to get the word out there to the right people.

-vendors/sponsors- each year we loose more of these, i always loved being able to browse the vendors when youve seen all the cars and are waiting for the trophy ceremony

-shelter- had it rained at mosport, there really wasnt any shelter except the bathrooms and our own cars

-food- a good majority waited 1/2 an hour for food... thats crazy

-Now i know we wont be going back to Applewood plaza but those , bar none, were the best shows we had, 300+ cars, paved lot, food in the plaza, vendors could lug their merchandise to it, and the date IIRC was pre-september, when people were still here before heading off to school etc.

this is a pretty long post but my main concern is the venue, if we cant change the venue, we need to promote the venue a lot better.

- also Congrats to all the winners this year, the cars looked amazing, it really made me miss my own car, however dont worry ill be back next year to try to take my trophy back hehe
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #21
punnzzells
Banned

Furious...

good points... I am sure Randy is listening. This is what makes the event, positve and negative feedback.

BootsR... ya it was good meeting you too man... I had you pegged as a pimple popping teenie weenie bopper! It's good to get out and meet people.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #22
punnzzells
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekthang View Post
Hey buddy it was great seeing you again. I must admit you guys did a great job judging the event. I feel as if everyone got exactly what they deserved trophy wise. Well done and I think you guys deserve the round of applause and beers !!

ya man, it's been too long bro. the car is looking good too...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #23
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Great event, good job to Randy!
I am glad I could be of some assistance with the show!
Some really nice cars fo shore.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike it has been a long time. Good job on the judging I know it was hard glad to see my bro came out with 2 trophies. I knew he would at least get one. His car is incredibly clean. Even if he wasnt my bro he deserved at least one for the condition its in
Old 09-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #25
Hamann330ci
2nd Gear Member

how about all those nail polish spots we fixed, just kidding

good times good times
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #26
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
I think the awards amount is good, but maybe add a sound competition. SPL and SQ?
That would be cool, I have always wanted to see an SPL comp in person.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Looks like the cruise was a lot of fun. Great turnout! I was hoping to make it out to this event but had a conflicting family event. So, hopefully next year! I'll be staying tuned to the pics thread!!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #28
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

How about a "track prep" or "purpose built" class? A lot of guys had their cars set up for track days and auto-X, but don't have any audio, custom interior, flashy wheels, etc, and can't get points to be competitive in an existing class. Just a thought.....

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #29
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Roc nails ??LOL on his hands ?? He entered his hand nails in as well. LOL

Mike yeah I guess this was the first time you saw my car cause every time we met up I had my van with me. LOL

Well that was my ride. LOL

Last edited by greekthang; 09-10-2007 at 05:39 PM.
greekthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

I just want to thank everyone that set up Bimmercruise this year. It was great to see the turn out we had considering the weather in the morning. I hope it just keeps on growing. One thing I would like to see for next year is maybe a mobile dyno? What do you guys think?

Also thanks to all the friendly members that made some of the "NEWBIES" welcome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: