Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #16
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #17
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.
Its true, BMW owners are jerks.

Last edited by Sneaky; 09-10-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
denisemichel
AMG LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I Agree
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #19
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
But you cant winter drive those......unless your an idiot...lol.

Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.
lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's
Zook@SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Yup.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4sexy View Post
Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.

lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's

4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!

Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #22
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!

Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?
no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter and Why not?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter and Why not?
Because winter accelerates the wear on any car.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #24
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Rear engine + rear wheel drive = awesome handling in the winter. Galvanized paint = no rust. The perfect winter car, why not enjoy it year round?

I think part of the reason more people don't buy them used too is that they are afraid of the costs of ownership - just like with BMWs. Two things people say when i say i drive a BMW - "wow you must be rich!" "must be expensive to repair".

The average Joe doesn't quite get that its cheaper to drive a better made, better driving, lower depriciating, engineering marvel, over a lesser ride. You enjoy driving it way more, better prestige, and you get your money back when you sell it.

Fortunately not everyone knows this, so we can still exude a bit of prestige when rollin' in our beemas and more so if we make the jump to Porsche.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #25
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

i would do it if i could learn how to repair them myself. is there porsche forums like this one that would help maintanence? id forsure drive one all year round, it would have to be all wheel drive or i wouldnt buy one.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:06 AM   #26
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Porsche looks are definitely love-it or hate-it. I'm really not a fan of the 996 chassis (exception of tuner models and factory GT2) or older >1990.

maintainence costs are about the same as BMW (dealership-wise), but more expensive in the private-garage sector because of exclusivity and clientelle.

The reason you don't see as many is because of pure lack of convenience. They are bought mostly as a 2nd (fun) car to play with on nice weekends (if you can afford that luxury). Younger people get penalized with insurance premiums, and most middle-aged people would rather buy a (more useful) BMW (keeping the German ride/build/prestige) and use it all the time.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #27
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member

Bmwstylz - Well said...

Windor318is - there are many many forums but the best i have seen for most info and am a part of is www.rennlist.com , www.6speedonline.com and www.renntech.org

And like EMPOWERD said Porsche are just as expensive to maintain as a BMW...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #28
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
How bad can insurance be on a 30 Grand car?
Are you seriously this stupid?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #29
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
Are you seriously this stupid?
Get off My dick Peasant. Are you so used to mediocrity thats its simply impossible for people to have better shit then you.

Last edited by Sneaky; 09-12-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #30
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:

370 isnt so bad, I pay 250 for a 2003 e46.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: