Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #16
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,765
LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #17
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
LOL. This thread, coming from you, makes it double funny. "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it." Even when it comes to used Porsche's. Price out a ball joint. Just because you are flossing a basic entry level 3 series, doesn't make you baller. Porsche = serious business. Also, when you have a Porsche, all the meter maids will be begging to give you a blowjob and/or want anal.
Its true, BMW owners are jerks.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 09-10-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
denisemichel
AMG LOL
 
denisemichel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Its true, BMW owners are jerks.
I Agree
__________________
01' BMW 530i Sold................................03' Lexus GS430 Sold...........................06' BMW 750i
denisemichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #19
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
But you cant winter drive those......unless your an idiot...lol.

Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.
lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's
Zook@SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Its true, BMW owners are jerks.
Yup.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
VSanj
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bramladesh!!
Posts: 4,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4sexy View Post
Also insurence depends on the type of car not its value...........you will get raped by insurance as well as maintinance.

lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's

4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!


Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?
__________________
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/11/vsanjsigdw5.jpg
VSanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #22
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
4 point ticket and your paying $370 a month..................give me your agents number!!!


Also i wasnt being ignorant, of course you can drive those in the winter..........if people drove rear wheel drive zero handling tanks on the 60's, of course you could drive a porshce awd. The question is, why would you want to?
no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter and Why not?
Zook@SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4sexy View Post
no Agent, Royal Bank Canada...

Why would you want to? coz it fun and safer than a FWD car... and plus i buy cars so can drive them all teh time, not put them away in the winter and Why not?
Because winter accelerates the wear on any car.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #24
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member
 
Bmwstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nurburgring
Posts: 1,367
Rear engine + rear wheel drive = awesome handling in the winter. Galvanized paint = no rust. The perfect winter car, why not enjoy it year round?

I think part of the reason more people don't buy them used too is that they are afraid of the costs of ownership - just like with BMWs. Two things people say when i say i drive a BMW - "wow you must be rich!" "must be expensive to repair".

The average Joe doesn't quite get that its cheaper to drive a better made, better driving, lower depriciating, engineering marvel, over a lesser ride. You enjoy driving it way more, better prestige, and you get your money back when you sell it.

Fortunately not everyone knows this, so we can still exude a bit of prestige when rollin' in our beemas and more so if we make the jump to Porsche.
__________________
"Get rich or die tryin!"
Bmwstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #25
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!
 
windsor318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Bond Facility
Posts: 4,455
i would do it if i could learn how to repair them myself. is there porsche forums like this one that would help maintanence? id forsure drive one all year round, it would have to be all wheel drive or i wouldnt buy one.
__________________
windsor318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:06 AM   #26
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
EMPOWERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Posts: 10,133
Porsche looks are definitely love-it or hate-it. I'm really not a fan of the 996 chassis (exception of tuner models and factory GT2) or older >1990.

maintainence costs are about the same as BMW (dealership-wise), but more expensive in the private-garage sector because of exclusivity and clientelle.

The reason you don't see as many is because of pure lack of convenience. They are bought mostly as a 2nd (fun) car to play with on nice weekends (if you can afford that luxury). Younger people get penalized with insurance premiums, and most middle-aged people would rather buy a (more useful) BMW (keeping the German ride/build/prestige) and use it all the time.
__________________

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #27
Zook@SCB
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 136
Bmwstylz - Well said...

Windor318is - there are many many forums but the best i have seen for most info and am a part of is www.rennlist.com , www.6speedonline.com and www.renntech.org


And like EMPOWERD said Porsche are just as expensive to maintain as a BMW...
Zook@SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #28
jstalin
capitalism=crisis
 
jstalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Via Dolorosa
Posts: 3,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
How bad can insurance be on a 30 Grand car?
Are you seriously this stupid?
__________________
Rise with your class, not above your class
̿ ̿̿'\̵͇̿̿\o=(̪●)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿
jstalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #29
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
Are you seriously this stupid?
Get off My dick Peasant. Are you so used to mediocrity thats its simply impossible for people to have better shit then you.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 09-12-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #30
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4sexy View Post
lol man the Ignorance these days... if a RWD 996 can go around the Nurburgring at this speed, Im sure you can atleast drive the AWD Porsche on GTA Streets with Snows on, trust me i do it...and most of teh guys i know with Porsche's drive their as well in teh snow... infact it drives better than my Passat in the snow...

As for inurance you might get raped, might not... im 21 playing $370 a month on my 04 C4S which is not bad compared to getting raped on my VW 1.8T when i was just 19 paying about $550... PS: i do have a Ticket which is 4 point

Plus the 996 are preety much affordable these days staring at about 40K for a 99, but id suggest shell out a bit more and get the MKII 996's (+02's) but the 99-01 are just as solid...

and Maintance is not anymore than your BMW or MB... If you can afford to Insure and maintain a E46 you can afford to Insure and maintain 996 and im talkign about the N/A's not the Twin Turbo's

370 isnt so bad, I pay 250 for a 2003 e46.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.