Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #31
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3
Boots,

Let's hook up on Sunday night to close the deal on the CD43.
I'll call you to confirm.
For sure man, just give me a call.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
Arash
6th Gear Member
 
Arash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3
That's me "Agaischblau / Aegean Blue Metallic (Color Code #336).....a shame there are none of the interior...I soil myself every time I open the driver's door.
were you in the bathurst/steeles area today around noonish?
Arash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #33
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
THNX 4 all the compliments every1 !!!

Arash,

"Yep", that was me.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #34
Arash
6th Gear Member
 
Arash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,043
see? you're already being sighted on here lol. I was telling my buddy how I would drive a 5 like that every freakin day even if I was a billionaire. Very very nice!

you probably saw my pos red civic pass by as you were waiting to make the right turn onto steeles from carpenter rd.
Arash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #35
speedemn
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 170
That is a very good price considering that it only has 41K on the odometer. I do see the automatic 540i go for cheaper than a manual, if you can even find a manual especially in the later years. The "Individual" package although $12K new could not be considered to be valued the same used... but still adds value none-the-less. I think you walked away with about a $10K discount easily! Congrats!

I picked up my 2003 540i/6 black on black with all options (except homelink and m-tech package) for $27K almost a year ago after a lease return. It had a 7/03 in-service date. Mine did have 100K kms on it though when I bought it.

I am curious to see pics (or in person) what the full leather interior in a 540 looks like. That is a very unique car you got there!
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #36
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
^^^ dito...

THNX for the compliments "speedemn" !
Your numbers are bang on with regard to the value of this car.
I firmly believe that a similar "Individual" 540, for sale at a BMW dealership, would be priced way north of 40K.
It would be a play on the customer's emotions.
While if for sale privately, 39 thou would probably be a reasonable starting point.
I'm planning on attending this Friday night's meet.....so maybe I'll see you there...otherwise I'll try to get some pics up ASAP.

BTW.....considering that you bought your car last year...27K was also a VERY good deal at the time.

Last edited by DINAN 3; 08-28-2007 at 12:25 AM.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #37
speedemn
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3
THNX for the compliments "speedemn" !
Your numbers are bang on with regard to the value of this car.
I firmly believe that a similar "Individual" 540, for sale at a BMW dealership, would be priced way north of 40K.
It would be a play on the customer's emotions.
While if for sale privately, 39 thou would probably be a reasonable starting point.
I'm planning on attending this Friday night's meet.....so maybe I'll see you there...otherwise I'll try to get some pics up ASAP.

BTW.....considering that you bought your car last year...27K was also a VERY good deal at the time.
I would love to come to the weekly meets, but I live West of Kitchener midway to Woodstock... that is a long trek especially coming back that late at night. But I will have to work it into plans for staying in TO one Friday night perhaps.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #38
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Angry Damn !

Had the car for 3 weeks now and it guzzles gas like I do beer at Oktoberfest.

1st tank = 275KM (Petal 2 the Metal)
2nd tank = 390KM (Spirited driving)
3rd tank = 1/2 way at 220KM (Tryin to tame the beast)

I did some research and found out that the 2003 M-Package/Sports editions are the thirstiest of all 540's.
Does any of you manage to squeeze 500KM's out of a tank ?

Last edited by DINAN 3; 09-17-2007 at 12:03 AM.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #39
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
i know its a thirsty car... what kinda gas you putting in?

i still love the way your car looks and contemplating droppin my 530i pipe dream and grab a 540i with m instead.

Its been weeks and havnt found one to my liking.

I have heard people getting 500km per tank but mostly highway and driving like really really calmly.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #40
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
^^^

I'm filling up with the top grade at Esso, as they've been pricing it the same as medium grade (saving 10c/litre), since the beginning of the summer.
Be patient and you'll find the 5er you're lookin for.....I thought I saw a nice Silver one on Kijiji.ca...I'll try to find it again.

Here you go ~~> http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ23221550

Though in my opinion it's worth about 25 thou.

Last edited by DINAN 3; 09-17-2007 at 12:35 AM.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #41
speedemn
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3 View Post
Had the car for 3 weeks now and it guzzles gas like I do beer at Oktoberfest.

1st tank = 275KM (Petal 2 the Metal)
2nd tank = 390KM (Spirited driving)
3rd tank = 1/2 way at 220KM (Tryin to tame the beast)

I did some research and found out that the 2003 M-Package/Sports editions are the thirstiest of all 540's.
Does any of you manage to squeeze 500KM's out of a tank ?
I drive about 80% highway and consistently get around 600 kms to a fillup (my gas light has been on for about 40 kms by then). I do not baby it on the highway by any means... usually cruising in the mid 100s.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #42
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Thumbs up ^^^

Good to hear.....the car is due for its 1st inspection I...hopefully a minor tune-up will quelch its thirst.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #43
Oyster
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 652
Send a message via MSN to Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by porksoda View Post
i know its a thirsty car... what kinda gas you putting in?

i still love the way your car looks and contemplating droppin my 530i pipe dream and grab a 540i with m instead.

Its been weeks and havnt found one to my liking.

I have heard people getting 500km per tank but mostly highway and driving like really really calmly.
get over 500km regularly, mixed driving. HWY, I push 600km with cargo.
__________________
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #44
Quack
Wheelman
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,055
Send a message via MSN to Quack
I get almost 500km on my 540i, 50/50 hwy & city driving.
__________________

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #45
porksoda
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3 View Post
I'm filling up with the top grade at Esso, as they've been pricing it the same as medium grade (saving 10c/litre), since the beginning of the summer.
Be patient and you'll find the 5er you're lookin for.....I thought I saw a nice Silver one on Kijiji.ca...I'll try to find it again.

Here you go ~~> http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ23221550

Though in my opinion it's worth about 25 thou.
ThanX mate...

I am looking for 530i sport + m though... i found one but was on holidays i came back and it was sold.. which was expected... it was tiptronic though.


p.s all you guys getting 500-600km on 540i is it tip or manual?
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.