Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
no you wouldnt. otherwise youd be in the hospital and have a destroyed car. a tad over exaggerated
that's not true, and my car can get back up to 100 from 40 very quickly.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
no you wouldnt. otherwise youd be in the hospital and have a destroyed car. a tad over exaggerated
A few months back a woman in a Grand Am was doing 40km/h on an on-ramp in front of me, so I was obviously right behind her (still not tailgating her, my paint isn't worth it). When she merged into the right lane she was still doing like 50km/h, so I blew past her in 2nd gear in the ramp lane. While flying by I noticed her and her passenger flipping me the bird.

So, I did what any asshole BMW driver would do. Now in the right lane of the 401, I kept flooring it, redlined 3rd, then slammed on the brakes to a complete stop. She, probably terrified at this point and about 12 car lengths back, panics and stops her car too. The look on their faces was priceless. I then launched at around 6000rpm, did a nice standing burnout for around 3 seconds, then left her completely bewildered in a cloud of smoke.

Road rage ftw.

Jay
Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #18
propr'one
op sucks cock

you can do that, but i dont.

i'll just very gradually slow down, i dont like slamming on my brakes when someone's tailgating me, if someone rear ends my car i want to make sure its written off.

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
that's not true, and my car can get back up to 100 from 40 very quickly.

you drive what, E36 328?...define QUICKLY!

myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

prolly almost as quick as you can

i bet your car would pull mine harder from 80-100 than it would from 40-80

Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #21
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
prolly almost as quick as you can

i bet your car would pull mine harder from 80-100 than it would from 40-80

ALMOST being the key word here

probably, its a heavy son of a bitch
you dont wanna slow down to 40 if I'm tailgatting you, nevermind writing the car off, i'll write YOU off when I slam into you
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #22
propr'one
op sucks cock

lol, idunno man, its all the diff.

although i'm running stock s52 software now, so i can hold my gears longer cause of the higher redline.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #23
Seven
Gimme The Keys

No disrespect to anyone, I'm sure the driver of the e36 was being a prick and deserves this post. But, aren't there some forum rules somewhere about profanity and such?

I would have thought that a thread with a title such as this, let alone the content would have been locked. However, instead of the moderators locking the thread, they comment and say how they participate in road rage activities as well.

I recall reading many posts in which people have thought they were singled out by cops just because they drive a bmw ... while I don't agree with this, posts such as this one don't exactly give us a good name. It's not the car, it's the driver I know ... but still, lets have some level of maturity ... or at least post this crap in the off-topic section which isn't publicly accessable.

I usually wouldn't comment on such threads, but I'm trying to slack off at work here and this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth (so to speak).

Last edited by Seven; 08-24-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
I usually wouldn't comment on such threads, but I'm trying to slack off at work here and this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth (so to speak).
It wasn't my ballons, was it?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
Seven
Gimme The Keys

lol ... I knew somebody was going to say that when I wrote that line ... I almost put "and it's not because of the balloons" ... jokers.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #26
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
No disrespect to anyone, I'm sure the driver of the e36 was being a prick and deserves this post. But, aren't there some forum rules somewhere about profanity and such?

I would have thought that a thread with a title such as this, let alone the content would have been locked. However, instead of the moderators locking the thread, they comment and say how they participate in road rage activities as well.

I recall reading many posts in which people have thought they were singled out by cops just because they drive a bmw ... while I don't agree with this, posts such as this one don't exactly give us a good name. It's not the car, it's the driver I know ... but still, lets have some level of maturity ... or at least post this crap in the off-topic section which isn't publicly accessable.

Ooooooooo I need to sit on my hands. I did mean to edit the thread title, I'll give you that.

Have a wonderful day,
Jay
Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #27
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
IMO.. it depends on the situation... Chris, I agree.. that guy was class A1 dick... but to slam breaks on, slow down, jerkoff in balloons... it's all not worth it...

I know it's annoying as falk and I constantly think to myself.. here's this looser practically touching my bumper... I go 5 km's over the speed limit and I get pulled... where's a falking cop when you need one.. but in some cases you may be ( not in yours, speaking more on highways ) wrong and at fault... becareful... a friend last year totalled a MB truck b/c he was doing the STOP sudden move on the 401 and he did get hit... now my first reaction was good.. that stupid c sucker got charged... and just as I was about to say this aloud.. my buddy beat me to it.. and he told me... I am the one that was charged in the accident... unsafe movement and wreckless.... apparently their were witnesses...

just becareful .... it's just not worth it sometimes...
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #28
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells
IMO.. it depends on the situation... Chris, I agree.. that guy was class A1 dick... but to slam breaks on, slow down, jerkoff in balloons... it's all not worth it...

I know it's annoying as falk and I constantly think to myself.. here's this looser practically touching my bumper... I go 5 km's over the speed limit and I get pulled... where's a falking cop when you need one.. but in some cases you may be ( not in yours, speaking more on highways ) wrong and at fault... becareful... a friend last year totalled a MB truck b/c he was doing the STOP sudden move on the 401 and he did get hit... now my first reaction was good.. that stupid c sucker got charged... and just as I was about to say this aloud.. my buddy beat me to it.. and he told me... I am the one that was charged in the accident... unsafe movement and wreckless.... apparently their were witnesses...

just becareful .... it's just not worth it sometimes...
No, you can't get charged...he's supposed to keep a safe distance in between. If supposed there was an emergency...what are you supposed to do? He is the one driving unsafely. Even if he had a safety distance and happens to slam into ur car, this shows that he is not paying attention.
what if you said there was some animals crossing or a bird flying straight to your windshiel and you hit the brake...
if you got charged...thats ****in bullshit man
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #29
Arash
6th Gear Member

yes you can and most likely will get charged, with dangerous/careless driving, the person that rear ended you will get charged for tailgating. Insurance companies will battle it out and most likely split the liabilities 50/50. now you will have a dangerous driving ticket on your record (a serious offence according to the insurance companies) and a claim/accident at fault, now considering your age and potential previous traffic tickets, goodluck finding an insurance company that'll insure you!

one year later:

you will receive a letter in the mail stating that you have been sued for dangerous driving causing bodily harm to mr/mrs ......, for $1000000000....., and... this is just the begining of all the hassle you will have to go through.

So next time think twice before considering to be an asshole to someone who's being a retard. Always always avoid stress in your life, no matter how pissed off someone gets you, its not worth risking anything to get them back. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #30
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
^^^ well said

Its a lifestyle.www.coolkidsclub.ca

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/EuroDriftStar
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/641215cruz
Chris de la Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: