Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

New to the board, and have a few questions re: 330ci

Hello.

This is my first post, so I hope I've posted it in the right section. Its great to see that there is an active BMW community board in canada!

Here is my situation, the lease on my civic is up (FINALLY ) and I'm looking at purchasing a used 04 BMW 330ci with the M-sport package.

Its from a used car dealer, and the car looks, and drives fine. I just have a few questions regarding the car.

The asking price is $30k and the car has 97,000 KM on it, and again its an 04. is this a fair price for the car? cosmetically it is fine, just minor stone chips on the front (which is expected for a car with this many KM on it) and drives fine. The interior is in immaculate condition, I was actually surprised how clean it was for a 97,000 km car. There are NO cracks in the leather and looks like it was well cared for. I obviously will try and haggle the price down, but am just wondering what a good price for this car for be, and how much I should try to haggle it down.

Secondly, I want to take the car to a mechanic and have it completely checked out. I called up town and country BMW (as they are my closest BMW dealer) and they said to do a pre-purchase inspection of the car would be $600. Can any of you recommend a place that knows their BMW's and can do an inspection of the car for a lower price?

Any help and input you all could provide would be great.

I look forward to being an active member of the board and owning my first BMW. (I've wanted one as long as I can remember)

-Nick
nick330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Romaz
5th Gear Member

If I was you I would wait a bit then buy the M3. You will regret not doing this! I suggest that you take the car to RMP BIMMERSPORT or EUROPA MOTORS to get it checked out.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
^^^ Rmp, Bimmersport Or Europa Motors.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaz
If I was you I would wait a bit then buy the M3. You will regret not doing this! I suggest that you take the car to RMP BIMMERSPORT or EUROPA MOTORS to get it checked out.
Not everyone is in the market for an M3. I mean just because you can get an m3 at that price it doesent mean thats the best decision. Insurance and maintenance will probably be twice as much if he bought the M3. A 330ci Zhp is a great choice....you get the beauty of a face lifted coupe and the agressiveness of the M3 body kit.

Im not trying to be rude or anything im just saying that while the M3 is a great car not everyone needs one. An 04+ Coupe is a great choice.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
Romaz
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Not everyone is in the market for an M3. I mean just because you can get an m3 at that price it doesent mean thats the best decision. Insurance and maintenance will probably be twice as much if he bought the M3. A 330ci Zhp is a great choice....you get the beauty of a face lifted coupe and the agressiveness of the M3 body kit.

Im not trying to be rude or anything im just saying that while the M3 is a great car not everyone needs one. An 04+ Coupe is a great choice.

Well if I was in his shoes, am M3 or a Vette would be my choice's right now.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

while I would love to own an M3...since im 21, the insurance will absolutely destroy me (trust me, I've already checked)

I've made up my mind and I'm going with the 330ci, right now its the best solution for me, and I'd rather have an M3 when I can afford the car and the insurance, rather than having a sweet car and not being able to drive it.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member

Welcome! I have an 05 low mileage 330ci (38,000 km) and the only problem I have had with it is the driverside window which doesn't always slide down enough to open the door when its cold out (I've had the mechanism replaced under warranty twice already).
You should try finding the black book value of the car (based on the mileage, options and condition) as a reference.

Good luck with the purchase and enjoy the car!
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
i agree with SNEAKY, I have a ZHP sedan and its good on gas, boots very well with the modified gear ratios, and looks beautiful.

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Judging by the Autotrader, if you could get the price down to 28,000 or 29,000, you are probably doing good.

Is it the ZHP (235hp), does it just have the sports package (225hp)?
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

I got it for 29,000 which I think is a pretty good price. I'm not sure if it the ZHP package, all I know is that it has the M-Sport package, which im not sure is the same thing.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick330ci
I got it for 29,000 which I think is a pretty good price. I'm not sure if it the ZHP package, all I know is that it has the M-Sport package, which im not sure is the same thing.

Its a zhp if it has the mtech front bumper, side skirts, and m rims.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

it has that bumper, sides and the M rims.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

the 18's? if its the 17's u got the M executive package which means not ZHP cause u dont ot the extra 10hp

Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
nick330ci
1st Gear Newbie

18" rims.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #15
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

then u got the ZHP, congrats bro lol join the brotherhood, add me to msn, and ill show u some pics of mine, and stuff i did to it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: