Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #16
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
so how much you looking to get for it?
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #17
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
nevermind investing time and $$ into it... if you are not going to keep it.. flip it to me... or another member on the board that will not want to fix it for resale as you won't get your full $$ back...

seriously.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #18
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

Are you telling us this car has a Euro M5 motor in it?That would only be possible if the vin said it was a Euro car but it isn't or there were modification's made to the engine above stock 256 HP.Euro was 286hp.
Ted in T.O. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #19
NickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in T.O.
Are you telling us this car has a Euro M5 motor in it?That would only be possible if the vin said it was a Euro car but it isn't or there were modification's made to the engine above stock 256 HP.Euro was 286hp.
Pretty sure its a euro
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #20
TEUTONICFOOL
2nd Gear Member

opps!! Ted in T.O. u r right, just some wishful thinking. the engine is a NA spec S38 so only 256hp. but will removing the cat release extra 30hp??
TEUTONICFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #21
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

North American M5 with an S38 motor according to online ETK. One of the previous owners had an Mtek kit installed on the car.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do...&kind=P&arch=0
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #22
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

Because it is an 88.It will have to be E-tested every 2 years from now on unless you know a way around it.Yes you can maybe get an extra 20 to 25 ponies with a cat deleat.Like i said before please keep us all up to date on your progress.Thanx. Ted in T.O.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #23
///Mmm
Need an s85!

Judging by the bumpers and front lights, this is supose to be a euro-spec M5 (my dream car).And a cat delete wont give you 25 more hp cuz the american spec cars also had a lower compression which made it less powerfull.

But i have an e28 and it was the best car i drove in my life, i drove newer cars and faster cars but no car can give the excitment of an E28 M5 .
///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
TEUTONICFOOL
2nd Gear Member

hi all, might have a lead about the cat that i am looking for. apparently the lot that owns the m5 has a bunch of cars stored in uxbridge. there r 2 m6, both rough shape. maybe i can use the cat off one of those cars. have to find time to go over & check them out. about the engine stalling problem, does main relay & fuel pump relay ring a bell?? stay tune.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
markw

All right, I looked up that vin.. here is some info on that car....

1988 DC93 (M5)
Ordered and Sold by Northwest BMW ( ordered June 29th, Delivered Dec. 31st 1987)

Only two options showing up for me are...

780 - M5 Wheels
838 - CDN Spec.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #26
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEUTONICFOOL
i think this car has the high-tech engine, the one that was pioneer by GM in the early '80s in certain Cadillac model. it is call the 2-4-6 engine. what it does is when u start the car up, especially when u let her sit for couple days, the engine is running on 2 cyl. once u let her warm up a bit (or if u still have the full set of tools in the trunk u can remove the spark plugs & clean them up 'cause they r completely foul) she will run on 4 cyl. once in the full moon ( or if u clamp on the fuel pressure regulator hose) she will run on the full 6 cyl.
i think BMW never admit that & call this engine M88/S38.
That's a joke. Right?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #27
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Euro M5s had no body kit. The M535 (with M30 engine) had that M Technic aero kit. The engine and brakes sure are from an M5. is the car originally a Euro M5 with bodykit, or is it a plain Jane M535 with M88 (Euro) motor?

Comparing the shell and engine numbers should tell us what it is. This surely is a great car if original. It will cost you at least one whole week to go thru the brakes and general maintenance. Check the engine compression and let us know how healthy it is. Storing a car in a barn for years can kill a motor. What about the fuel tank? How crusty is it inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw
838 - CDN Spec.
Something is fishy here. Please investigate and let us know what the car really is. It might even be a stolen Euro with CDN Vin number.

Last edited by Lee; 08-27-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #28
TEUTONICFOOL
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
That's a joke. Right?
hahahaha!!! of course thats a joke. the car is a Can-spec car, the po or whoever owned the car b4 install the M-tech spoiler pack (w/fender arch extension) plus the euro light. from what i can see, all org.panel with vin sticker, mostly org.paint, org.glass, couple minor surface corrosion.

btw, back at the fatherland, when u order the m5, u can either have the slim euro chrome bumper or the m-tech kit. rumors is that the m-tech kit is an no-cost option.

Last edited by TEUTONICFOOL; 08-27-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #29
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

If you do a VIN check on the car.It is an NA M5.You could buy the MTEK kit and have it installed.You could also order a Euro M5 with an MTEK kit back in Germany.So like Teutonicfool said it is a Canadian M5 with a NA S38 with a 256hp motor and a previous owner has had the MTEK kit installed onto the car.It is NOT a Euro car.Nor does it have the Euro 286hp motor in it. There will be 1 of 2 things happening to this car.One being that the engine may be shot and needs a rebuid to the tune of about 8 to $10,000 or it will be a parts car for someone to work on no matter what he or she chooses. Still waiting for the end result and sale price Teutonicfool.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #30
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
So how much do you want for it, if it 'checks out'??

The misinformation in this thread is quite amusing BTW... lol

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: