Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #91
VSanj
6th Gear Member

does anyone else see something terribly wrong with racing, going 180km, with your wife and kids in the car?????

I dont have kids, but i dont even speed when my dogs are in my car.....i cant imagine racing with my kids in my car.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #92
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj
does anyone else see something terribly wrong with racing, going 180km, with your wife and kids in the car?????

I dont have kids, but i dont even speed when my dogs are in my car.....i cant imagine racing with my kids in my car.
I was thinking the same thing, but Id rather pick on him piece by piece.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #93
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj

Meh, they're his kids. He helped bring em into this world, he can help take em out.

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #94
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^If you put it that way.........i can see the logic....lol
Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #95
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

My kids have been with me doing over 320kmh on the race bikes.
I know what most of you think, however it all depends on the situation.

Most people drive 140kmh on the highway, another 40kmh on a straight road is not going to make a difference. However there is a difference between a congested highway and a open highway with no cars.

Plus I was not racing him I was just in a hurry I guess so was he.

Last edited by Darkness95m3; 08-02-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #96
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
My kids have been with me doing over 320kmh on the race bikes.
I know what most of you think, however it all depends on the situation.

Most people drive 140kmh on the highway, another 40kmh on a straight road is not going to make a difference. However there is a difference between a congested highway and a open highway with no cars.

Plus I was not racing him I was just in a hurry I guess so was he.
Wow, your story flips for than a b-boy on speed. You race, you dont race.
You also think it is cool to say 320kmh with a kid on a bike, and you think 180 isnt worse than 140. If you are doing 145 on a highway and someone else going the same direction is going 125, the impact isnt so horrifyingly bad (assuming its a clean bump). If your on an "open" road doing 180 and out of the blue someone unsuspecting turns on to it in the opposite direction, even if they are only doing 50kmh, a head on impact would calcualte at 230 kmh. You think your children are safe in the back seat at 230kmh into another vehicle? You sir are officially a ****ing idiot.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #97
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis
You also think it is cool to say 320kmh with a kid on a bike, and you think 180 isnt worse than 140. If you are doing 145 on a highway and someone else going the same direction is going 125, the impact isnt so horrifyingly bad (assuming its a clean bump). If your on an "open" road doing 180 and out of the blue someone unsuspecting turns on to it in the opposite direction, even if they are only doing 50kmh, a head on impact would calcualte at 230 kmh. You think your children are safe in the back seat at 230kmh into another vehicle? You sir are officially a ****ing idiot.
Just a few weeks ago we were doing 180km/h on a tiny industrial street in your car with 3 passengers, and I'm somebody's kid. Does this make you a ****ing idiot too?

Jay

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #98
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
First of all no need for name calling, I dont know you and for sure you dont know me.

Yes I had my kids on the race bike, race bikes do not travel on public roads, therefore it is a controlled environment.

Quote:
If you are doing 145 on a highway and someone else going the same direction is going 125, the impact isnt so horrifyingly bad .
It was a devided highway with concrete barriers. If some one comes the wrong way and there is a head on collision it does not matter whether you are travelling 80kmh or 180kmh the outcome will most likely be the same.

Quote:
If your on an "open" road doing 180 and out of the blue someone unsuspecting turns on to it in the opposite direction, even if they are only doing 50kmh, a head on impact would calcualte at 230 kmh. .

Again like I stated there is no way anyone could come in front of us, since all the vehicles were behind us, there were no entrances on to the highway for anyone to get on or off. If there was a possability I would not have pushed the vehicle as much as I have.

Quote:
You sir are officially a ****ing idiot.
Again like I stated no need for name calling, I don't call you names and lets leave it at that.

Now I'm sure you have never went over the speed limit in your life, or have you?
I'm sure you have done many stupid things with your car that now you think about it how stupid that was.
I know I have however, this is not one of them.

Also if you have seen my posts about racing, you would have noticed that I always stated I only push the car if there is:
1) No other vehicles around us.
2) There are no exits or entrances to the road that i'm pushing the car on.
3) If the other driver is doing pushing the car past where I believe it's unsafe, I call it off.
4) Road conditions are safe.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #99
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
Just a few weeks ago we were doing 180km/h on a tiny industrial street in your car with 3 passengers, and I'm somebody's kid. Does this make you a ****ing idiot too?

Jay
Busted...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #100
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Know when to pick your fights, and with who.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #101
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal

Jay
\INSERT OWNED PICTURE HERE\
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #102
Meegis
Banned

To everyone saying Im owned...

3 key differences....

1. I am a ****ing idiot. I do choose times to use my discretion, and yes I do know the consequences.

2. The passengers wanted me to go faster and that was the whole purpose of the ride, and thus, they were not unsuspecting of what may happen

3. I am still a ****ing idiot.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #103
BennyL
7th Gear Member

back on topic... the 335 isn't THAT fast. not all that impressed. i was just having a little ego battle with a 335 last night on yonge street down town. he cut me off, so i cut him back off, then he tried to pass me... yatta yatta yatta

point being, we were going pretty fast, both in the left lane. he was behind me, as i had just cut him off. then there was a truck up ahead stopped in the left lane. i switched lanes and gunned it. he tried to be a smart ass and stay in the left, gunning it, trying to pass me before he hits the truck. well, lets just say my 16-year-old lexus kept his brand new $80,000 3-series behind the truck.

granted, this was at rolling speeds... but still. what the ****? isn't this car supposed to be stupid-fast?

and anyone who is going to say he "let" me win or something along those lines... save it. i was there. you were not. he was DEFINITELY trying.

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #104
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

335s are nice cars and all, but the way some guys go on about em (especially on E46Fanatics), you'd swear the 335 was the second coming of Christ. At the end of the day, its just another overpriced bimmer. Give me a big bad V8 ANY day over some 300hp turbo. **** da gas prices!

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #105
piran21
2nd Gear Member

Yep, the 540's from 97-98 do dyno the highest @ ~270whp. I think you're just a better driver than the guy in the 335i because with a full load of people you shouldn't have pulled him IMO.

Anyway, what kinda gas mileage does the 540i-6 acutally get in the real world (L/100km or kms on a full tank)???

GTADeal.ca
your one stop for group deals of the day
piran21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: