Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
singhters
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to singhters
air/fuel and voltage gauge installation

Hi this is a post i made on another forum i have copied and pasted it so that i dont have to type it again im lazy lol

Ive recently acquired some gauges but cant seem to get them to work im having trouble with volt gauge and air/fuel gauge on the instructions are simple and easy to follow it says connect so and so to engine ground and the other cable to the ignition wire ok i done this so when i start the car the gauges needles go up and then down and thats it they dead again nothing.

im using some thin led wire that i had lying around stupid as it may seem but does it matter what type of wire you use cos im thinking its not carrying the current right ?

ok i got the right type of wire but again its the same thing comes one and then goes off, im doing as the instructions indicate 1 2 wires for dash lighting 1 wire for ignition and the other for ground the ground im using is underneath the steering wheel cover bolted to one side.

am i using a ground that is too weak should and can i just use power from direct from the battery ?

and can i do the same with the air fuel one as well use battery for power.

any help appreciated please im a little desperate lol.

its an e36 1992 bmw 320i thanks.

Skandersingh@hotmail.com (Feel free to add me folks all welcome)
singhters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

i wouldn't pull direct off the battery unless it's relayed/fused.. or pop.

i've never done this type of install, so bump 4this guy
Old 07-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
singhters
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to singhters
Is ok I done it, however the fuel air one does not fluctuate when driving so is a little dissappointing it stays on one bar on lean when starting it goes to 2 ???

may swap this one for a oil pressure switch instead

Skandersingh@hotmail.com (Feel free to add me folks all welcome)
singhters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: