Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Simby
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Simby
Used 2006 3 series are pricy!

The prices for used 3 2006 series sure seem high. I'm looking at 2006 325s on the BMW certified preowned site and they're running for around $40k or just under. They're usually automatic with premium package but these are actually 2005 releases of the 2006 model.

So I'm thinking, $40k for a almost 2 year old car when the 2007 328 base is only $42.6k with auto transmission. Sure I'm giving up a couple premium options but I'm getting a brand new car with a bigger engine and more free options (I'm assuming this since cars tend to come with more options throughout the model life).

The point of buying used is to save the initial depreciation loss but if I'm paying this much, I'm not saving anything.

Did the 2006 325 come with heated seats?
Simby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Thumbs down Stealership

They don't call them stealerships for nothin.....show me one good deal on any year car on their website...they're lookin for fools.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
Blades
Your opinion is to long

used wrx's aren't that bad in price.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

The old 325 and the new 328 have the same 3.0L engine except for some engine management changes, which according to those on E90 post, only make about 1/2 a car difference over a 1/4 mile.

All 325's in Canada come with heated seats, automatic climate control, fold down rear seats and xenons.

The most important options to get with the E90 is the sport package, followed by active steering. Leave the base and the premium packages for the old people.

Prices seem fair, given the options (premium and auto is just under $50k new), but you can always negotiate wicked deals on pre-owned.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

ill wait till e90s are around 30 grand before I get one
Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^As Nas said............

"When they do make the whip it's like your chips aint right,

By the time you could afford it, the car aint important"
Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj
^^As Nas said............

"When they do make the whip it's like your chips aint right,

By the time you could afford it, the car aint important"

LOL maybe for Rappers and Athletes. But I still think e46s will be in style for atleast a couple more years. By the time that happens I think I the look of the e92 will have grown on me.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^I agree.............my car is older than yours and im still rocking it!!! when your on the E92 im probabky gonna be ready to graduating to a E46
Old 07-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky
LOL maybe for Rappers and Athletes. But I still think e46s will be in style for atleast a couple more years. By the time that happens I think I the look of the e92 will have grown on me.
Certain models will always be "in style" to a person who owns that perticular model.

This is the only explanation i've found why people still drive e30s.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

There are already too many e90/92s to say its has an "elite baller image" that so your called rappers or athletes want

I don't know if your calucations are right, but you need to calulate the total cost of buying NEW ur Used, and then if the difference isn't much, ya diffenately buy it new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
This is the only explanation i've found why people still drive e30s.
I think i know what your trying to say, but no one drives an e30 bcus they feel it is "in style" haha.

Its more bcus of its simplicity, fun factor, easy to work on, etc, not bcus of image or what other ppl think of it.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30

I think i know what your trying to say, but no one drives an e30 bcus they feel it is "in style" haha.

Its more bcus of its simplicity, fun factor, easy to work on, etc, not bcus of image or what other ppl think of it.
lol i was kidding.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #12
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
The old 325 and the new 328 have the same 3.0L engine except for some engine management changes, which according to those on E90 post, only make about 1/2 a car difference over a 1/4 mile.

All 325's in Canada come with heated seats, automatic climate control, fold down rear seats and xenons.

The most important options to get with the E90 is the sport package, followed by active steering. Leave the base and the premium packages for the old people.

Prices seem fair, given the options (premium and auto is just under $50k new), but you can always negotiate wicked deals on pre-owned.
I got my wife a 2006 325Xi.
I have to disagree with ya, the Sport package is useless, and the active steering is horrible, I have a good amount of time behind the wheel of a 5 series with it, and it totally gives the steering an odd feeling.
If you want a "sportier" car, mod it yourself.

They were offering 2006 models last year with 3.9% leasing, I got a few more points knocked off. They run the special each year, I think they were or will start having it soon on 323s, which is basically the same car, but without some options.

Good luck.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: