Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

SUPER PISSED @ Bimmersport

So last night my Mom took her E46 M3 to the guys at Bimmersport (her first time there). They did some work for her (replaced Cam positioning sensor I believe) and sent her on her way.

She gets home and calls me FREAKING OUT because her brake lights don't work. I'm like WTF, so I check it out when I get home. The Bimmersport guys had my mom's rear light assembly removed (maybe to check the bulbs) but they didn't put the assembly back in the rear lights. As in, my mom drove from Bimmersport, to Markham, in horrible rainy weather, with NO ****ING BREAKS LIGHTS AT ALL. Super dangerous and I'm super pissed.

They also left their shop phone in my trunk, a good indication to me that they rushed her outta there or something.

Usually I'm not the guy to come on here and start beef, but man, you guys could have got my mom killed. It's not like it was a clear day. It was at night, heavy rain, bad visibility, probably the most dangerous time you can drive without brake lights.

Well, if the Bimmersport guys want their phone back, it's in the ravine behind my house.

Hawaii
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Would there have been a message on the OBC that said something about lights being out? Not to displace blame or anything but wouldn't your mom have noticed it as soon as the vehicle was started? The tech should have noticed it too but I'm just asking...

Mistakes happen and I'm sure if you had given them a chance, they would have owned up to it. Now that their phone is gone, you've ranted on the internet about it, I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

There was no OBC warning to my knowledge, I did not drive the car. But I checked the car on the driveway and the lights worked, it's just that the assemblies were IN the trunk.

I don't really care what the outcome will be, as you can imagine, I don't see myself returning there anytime soon.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

sorry..Hijacked..

E30 Girl

what spring you running on yr s2000?
I like the stance...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

I shouldn't have to chill out. Listen, I get that Bimmersport is a reputable shop. But we're talking about my Moms safety.

I probably wouldn't be making such a big deal about it if the weather wasn't really bad. She got the car back Wednesday night, and had been driving until last night (over 24 hours) before she realized she had no brake lights.

If you can remember, over that period has been nothing short of rainstorms. I think we can all relate to how poor the visibility can be when its raining heavy and in certain scenarios, like traffic, we've all found ourselves braking late due to visibility and other always-present factors. Can you imagine what NOT having brake lights (or any rear lights) would contribute to this situation, especially at dusk/night. My mom drives about 200km a day.

I guess the thing to take a way from all of this is to check everything yourself before driving away after getting your car serviced. Crack the trunk, check your lights, make sure some dummy didn't leave your lights plugged in and rattling around in your trunk.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
sorry..Hijacked..

E30 Girl

what spring you running on your S2000?
I like the stance...
Thanks...I'm running the BC Racing ER Series coilover with external reservoirs and 30 way shock adjustment for both compression and rebound. I think I've settled in at a 1.5inc drop. Wheels are an 8.5 front with a 225/40/18 with a 45 offset and a 9.5 rear with a 265/35/18 and a 50 offset.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

I apologize for the 'mistake' made on your Mom's M3. The safety is a concern to both yourself and our management.

Your mom brought the M3 to us with the light warning, indicating she knew it was the trunk grip rusted out and decided she did not want to bother (the lic plate light not a necessity). I am unaware of the tail lamp holders but did raise the trunk to inspect the inside of the trunk grip (found to be rusted). At that point we left the rear end (besides what we found to be an unsafe condition to drive in the suspension mind you).

If you would like to address the issue, call us and ask for me or Charlie. Making a post like this doesn't help your moms safety or even reconcile the issue as I recall there is numerous suspension components that are in need of IMMEDIATE replacement on top of the out of aligned suspension addressed to your mom the day of, and my follow up call regarding the pricing with a decline of repairs due to the $ amount needed for the extensive list of repairs (all listed on your invoice).

Either way, we hope the SES light did not come back on and the repair fixed the problem as the vanos repair will be expensive. Suprisingly we were able to diagnose and fix it that quick as we worked on the engine at operating temp as your mom was a walk in customer, on a appointment filled day.

FYI, as safety is a major concern...please advise as I am not sure if you aware of these issues as on the invoice:
The following items were found in need of replacement:
FR wheel bent
Front rotor + pad (rotors causing vibration)
Rear rotor + pad " "
Rear left lower control arm (bent - wavy shape)
Rear spring x2 (coil broken)
Front sway bar link x2 (play)
Rear lower ball joint x2 (play - left side major play)
Rear trailing arm bushing x2 (cracked/play)
Flex disc (cracked causing major driveline vibration)
Alignment (steering wheel pointed to left hand side)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 09-03-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

I appreciate the apology from the Bimmersport staff.

Don't know think I'll be using them.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 09-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Not saying that this is not an issue, BUT did anyone consider the 3rd brake light??? It was functional at all times, and this was not a life or death situation! (by far!).

And Jon, i wont even get into the other topic!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Not saying that this is not an issue, BUT did anyone consider the 3rd brake light??? It was functional at all times, and this was not a life or death situation! (by far!).

technically you can't have just 1 working brake light, if the cops want to be an ass they can pull you over for having only 1 working brake light, you have to have atleast 2 brake lights working.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Old 09-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
technically you can't have just 1 working brake light, if the cops want to be an ass they can pull you over for having only 1 working brake light, you have to have atleast 2 brake lights working.
Yes, they can for even ONE non-working light! But this is not the point...
Point is, if you see the 3rd brake light come on, you stop. If you rear end someone, you will be charged...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoe View Post
Wait a sec, she's driving on broken coils, loose ball joints, bent wheels, bent control arms and you're concerned about someone hitting her?
What about her hitting someone else? Like a family in a minivan?

That wouldn't even pass safety.

I'm not absolving Bimmersport but that car shouldn't be on the road!
+1
Everyone makes mistakes and those who say they didn't are full of crap.

OP's mom should be more concerned about driving in rain in a car in need of major suspension overhaul. How about losing traction in rain? That's a higher possibility.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbat007 View Post
+1
Everyone makes mistakes and those who say they didn't are full of crap.

OP's mom should be more concerned about driving in rain in a car in need of major suspension overhaul. How about losing traction in rain? That's a higher possibility.
Competely agree
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #14
Danboy
Co-Administrator

Thread was cleaned up. No need to have 4 pages on who is right or wrong in this situation. Both, Bimmersport and the OP had their say, and it is up to them how they will proceed with the issue.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: