Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

Turner Chip for E36 Automatic Review

So i finally recieved my Turner Performance chip for my 94 325i Automatic. I haven't really read any review on automatic cars, so i didn't expect too much of a performance upgrade. But wow was i wrong. I was getting ready for the chip, so couple days before i seafoam my car (2 cycles) and also used a bottle of redline, then did a oil change to 0w40 mobile 1, and filled up with 91 octane gas. Before the chip, my car ran so much smoother already from doing the above things, accleration was much improved, gear changing was so much smoother, and engine even sound much different, and quieter. Anyways, i finally put the chip in yesterday and took it for a spin, first thing i noticed was that my engine sounded different again, this time little louder, my supersprint exhaust sounded much deeper. I drove around in just D, and accleration was way better, it shifted at higher rpm now, when before it felt like it shifted at the worst times. I took it on the highway and floored it, WOW.. as soon as i hit 4500rpm, my car just flew, felt like nitro kicked in, hehe.. before after 4500rpm felt like i was pushing the car too much, this time it felt so smooth, and acclerated soooo much faster. Now i decided to try out sports mode (3), and wow, it was even better, my car actually felt fast, now my problem is i wanna keep driving in sports mode. My gas been going down pretty fast last night from all the hard driving i did in sports mode. So for people with automatic's, let me tell that it is worth getting the chip. Probably one of the easiest mod i have ever did..
Old 07-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

i wonder how big of a difference there would be in a manual. I have been contimplating getting a chip for my e36 for a long time now
328IScreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

i heard the performance is much better in a manual since you would use the full range of rpm. remember its at 4500rpm and above where you would notice the hp gain. well that what was written on the turner site.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer
i wonder how big of a difference there would be in a manual. I have been contimplating getting a chip for my e36 for a long time now
You definitely should man. It makes the car run so much smoother and as I once put it, it feels like suddenly you're feeding the car power juice. You will feel more power at less throttle and the car will just pull harder. Although it will not make your engine sound different and you will get used to it eventually...not really as extreme as the original poster mentioned.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

remember i did quite few maintenance before installing the chip, 2 x redline in the gas tank, 2 cycles of seafoam to vacuum, oil and to gas. I also have a jc intake and catback exhaust, so thats maybe way i noticed little more gain then anyone else. Also maybe i noticed it more cuz my auto was just nasty slow before, hehe...
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
E36White
3rd Gear Member

how much did that set you back just outta curiosity?
E36White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

bought it used for $150 cad.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
E36White
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nblayz
bought it used for $150 cad.
nice..and it's just plug-n-play i assume?
E36White is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: