Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Forum Suggestions, and Questions
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: remove the Need for Speed forum?
yes 22 81.48%
no 5 18.52%
unsure (discuss) 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Furious
BMW again.

A site suggestion throw your input at it..

Guys, I was thinking about this whole "street racing" phase, and was wondering if maybe we should get rid of the need for Speed aka kill stories forum. We are fortunate enough already to be somewhat overlooked as the stereotypical street racers, either that be our car reputation or the general attitude in the BMW scene. maybe we should help rid ourselves of any more aggravated attention.

granted this should be in site suggestions but it will get more exposure here and we discuss this quite often in the offtopic forum.

Discuss..
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:09 AM   #2
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

I'd rather see the "Need for speed" section gone, as you said our cars aren't associated with the street racing scene, there's no need to encourage any association.

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Perhaps instead of removing the section, we should change the format.

Instead of kills on the street, maybe kills on the track / drag strip ?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
There's a track section, the need for speed section is redundant. I had the goofy idea of having a "legal" section, to post pull over/harassment stories, ask questions about what's legal/what's not, and in general discuss restrictions the government/police put on driving. Need for speed as it sounds seems like it encourages racing, which i'm sure this website does not.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
UltimateDriv
Bimmerhead

Send a message via AIM to UltimateDriv Send a message via Yahoo to UltimateDriv
i voted to remove it.

definetly sounds like it encourages street racing. Then you get idiots posting how they race @ 160+ down Hwy 7 in a 7 series....thinking that theyre the Transporter
UltimateDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

It IS a good idea, in general, but at the same time i voted to keep it since i don't think we should be changing our website now cause of this stupid new law.

Street racing isn't a NEW concept. People have been doing it since cars were around. The cars they make now keep coming with more and more power, and our government says that street racing is now a criminal offense. C'mon, theres better ways they could go about doing it, but they don't cause they're tools. They want people to stop speeding, why don't they make cars unable to speed. The highest (posted) speed in Ontario is 100km/h, and in North America is what, like 120km/h (?) yet they govern vehicles like BMW's at 215km/h?! WHY?! What the **** is the reasoning behind that. If they ALREADY govern the cars, then why don't they just govern them at 130km/h. Cause that would make a little sense. Then people wouldn't be ABLE to speed (AS MUCH).

The whole system is just ****ed. We really shouldn't be helping it!

Last edited by Soldo; 07-02-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 AM   #7
Bliss
Administrator

Actually, the need for speed section will eventually be removed and will be taken over by the track junkies section. It is in fact redundant to a certain degree. Enough not to have 2 seperate sections.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
BigD
the misanthropist

Remove it.

And I disagree that it's redundant. One is about guys enjoying the sport of high performance driving, the other is about a bunch of idiots endangering people's lives and bragging about it. I didn't vote to remove it because of any new laws but because I support the idea of us not encouraging the behavior.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Remove it.

And I disagree that it's redundant. One is about guys enjoying the sport of high performance driving, the other is about a bunch of idiots endangering people's lives and bragging about it. I didn't vote to remove it because of any new laws but because I support the idea of us not encouraging the behavior.
Maybe redundant isnt the right word to use, but it's in the same boat. A race is a race, we just need to make it general.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss
Maybe redundant isnt the right word to use, but it's in the same boat. A race is a race, we just need to make it general.
Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I still disagree. "Track junkies" does not imply describing how you raced a minivan in your mom's neon on hwy 7. Rather to me it says this is where you ask about why late apexes are so common, how to get into the right gear and bragging about your track day (where you could have put in a faster lap time in your mom's neon than some minivan but I hope I make it clear why I think they have nothing but semantics in common).
Old 07-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
SickFinga

Remove it, was saying it for many years.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #12
zimzimmma
6th Gear Member

i may be blind, but is there currently a DIY section on here? if not, there should be one
zimzimmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #13
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimmma
i may be blind, but is there currently a DIY section on here? if not, there should be one
You should start a new thread for this. There are technical sections but I think the common procedures should be stickied, or at least have one FAQ thread with all the frequent questions, problems and procedures (so we don't have an E34 guy every month asking why his rear suspension clunks). I'd be happy to contribute, and we can edit each other's work, so there is no misinformation.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #14
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimmma
http://www.bimmerdiy.com/
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #15
zimzimmma
6th Gear Member

thats a good site. got lots of info.. just hate the broken links on a few
zimzimmma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: