Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Cameron
save synchros; double dip

E30 Rubber Floor Mats?

Hi,

Does anyone know of any custom made rubber floor mats for the E30? I'm looking for a set of winter rubber floor mats that has edging around the outside (to keep liquids and dirt from sliding out of the floor mat and onto the carpet.) I'm looking for floor mats that are an exact fit, not the usual Weathertech-style mats.

I'm aware of the Bavauto custom "Hex-O mats" and I don't find them satisfactory since they don't have any edging and the hexagonal holes are awfully shallow.

I also know of BMW's rubber floor mats. They have mounting posts (which aren't already installed in the car) and don't seem to be available in black anymore (I was looking for black, but I suppose the grey would do.) I'd get these if I could actually see what they look like, and if it weren't for the mounting posts.

Does anyone know of any other products, or does anyone have pictures of the BMW mats? I've attached the Parts Catalog picture of BMW's rubber mat.

Thanks,

Cameron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMW mats.JPG (73.1 KB, 156 views)
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
Jamil
2nd Gear Member

I have the BavAuto mats and they're really not that bad. You're right, they have no edging, but I didn't have any problems with snow or salt getting on my carpets during the winter. They did the job. Only bad thing is they're supposed to be computer cut to exact fit of an E30 floor but they're a little smaller so there's about an inch they could have added to one side.

I didn't know about the BMW ones, how much are they???
Jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
Cameron

Sorry Jamil, I haven't asked the stealership how much the mats are going for (I expect it to be a ludicrous amount.)
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
Cameron

Anybody have any other ideas? Am I S.O.L.?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
egk2
2nd Gear Member

bmw e30 rubber floor mats were still avail last time I checked,
price wasn't too bad either.

I used e46 black rubber mats, they fit pretty good, not exact but good enough to get the job done and they are high quality, thick and will last longer than your car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: