Originally Posted by 98Dinan3
that's a good idea...I didn't think of that, but it would still ride too high on my neck. What do you think of the Schroth info I posted? Still unsafe, even with the DOT approval? I'd like your thoughts if you've got the time...
There are a few reasons why I won't recommend a Schroth Quickfit belt for you for anything other than auto-x.
- They're designed for OE seats with the pretensioning seat belt latches.
- The rear belt angle is like 30-45ļ past your shoulders (spinal compression on frontal impact).
- using a harness on the street will make it hard to do simple things, like looking over your shoulder (which is important), or reaching the radio/glovebox, closing the door once you're buckled in, etc.
- It's illegal to use a 4-6pt on the street in Canada (so I'm told), both DOT and T‹V certifications are pretty much meaningless here.
- If you get into an accident and get injured, if your insurance finds out about the belts they can deny you coverage.
- You shouldn't technically be driving hard enough on the street to require a harness
I do plan to get a belt, but again, just for auto-x use.