Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Mickey Knox
3rd Gear Member

325is Window $#@%#

Hello,

this is my first post, sorry to roll in and start a thread right from the start: I drive a 1993 325is, cold air intake, eibach sport suspension kit, tinted tail lights, soundwerks speakers. so i havent done too much yet, but budget and wife dont allow for more. plus i have some pesky little issues i want to address first, which is the reason for this post, i need some help form you pros:

1st problem: the auto window down feature (the one when you open the door and it shifts a quarter inch down) does only work sometimes (1 in 100 or os). I have consulted the bentley book which pointed to the hall sensor in the door striker, which is one possible option to have in a 1993 325is. that wasnt it, cuz i dont have a hall sensor in the door striker , hence i must be having the micro switch version which is where i am stuck, which part of the door excatly contains this micro switch which i assume is faulty?
is it in the door handle it self or is it the part that catches the striker (the mechanics inside the door, sorry dont know the proper name). this is also happening on both doors, which is odd so any other suggestions on where to look are greatly appreciated. the windows btw are calibrated (the push button auto down and auto up works consistently on both doors).

2nd problem i think is very common, I need new interior door panels as mine are delaminating, also the previous owner was a jerk, he fooled around with it for whatever reason and tried to put them back together with super glue

I have the 2 speaker version, black-black 2 door for the 325is 1993, if anyone has a source for used ones (i am not going to pay 600 bucks for sure)
please let me know

while i am at it, anybody got a simple trick to run wires from the headunit to the trunk?

TIA for any help you guys have for me. your cars are pimp

thx

mickey
Mickey Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
Boots R
Boots, not boost

For the door panels, you can check local scrapyards for rolled / write-off cars, the panels are really hit and miss on whether they'll come apart or not.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Mickey Knox
3rd Gear Member

oem parts

well, i poked around on oemparts.com and found an explosion drawing of the door lock, and there are in fact mciroswitches in that thing, to my surprise there are three!!! has anyone ever taken that part of their car and successfully reassmebled it, and does any1 know which of those three microswitches it is? it also lists a quantity of 2, is that per door or for both doors?

sorry for all the detailed questions, here is the link to the drawing

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...39&hg=41&fg=40

thx

mickey
Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^ hopefully this will help you out.

http://home.earthlink.net/~frankie66...croswitch.html
Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
Mickey Knox
3rd Gear Member

Omg

You DA Bomb!!!!!!!

thx so much

Mickey
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
zimzimmma
6th Gear Member

I might have door panels black, leather.. message me
zimzimmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Go on ebay and type in e36 door panels, you'll find a whole bunch in different colours as well as the door speakers.

I'd recommend replaacin those tweeters with something better aftermarket and just putting them behind the stock grilles.

Good Luck

Also maybe check out Luxtec, they are a sponsor of this site, never tried them but I hear they have tons of parts, don't know whether that includes interior peices

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: