Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I've driven matt (hasslehoff's) car, and have to say that the suspension setup he has on the car is probably perfect for all around driving. H&R race is a little low for normal city driving, but manageable. Sport is low enough you do have to pay attention, but you wont have any issues going up/down driveways, etc. It still has a nice stiff feel and the car behaves like its on rails.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lower_Level
Nelson, Your car is HOT! Is it Madeiraschwartz too?
Close, it's Madeira Violet
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

1)Suspension: GC Track/School Kit
2)Kilometers: 30,000km
3)Love them, the ride os rough though without progressive springs, but then again they are 600# and 700# so I guess comfort is out of the question. I don't mind it riding like a cement truck though cause she handles like on rails. These allow you to go really low, you can get some tuckage no probs if you want.

Problems- one of the konis blew out on me, but they have a lifetime warranty. Other than that I found the camber plates to be noisy, but nelson has them now and he says they're quiet on his car so maybe it was just cause they were combined with my stiff as springs I guess, or I'm more picky then him.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM   #19
jeffrie
Addict

a) Hotbit's
b)60K+
c) Had a couple issues in the cold with GC RSM mated with them (NP with stock RSM) and the lower bushingrubbers, but other then that... nothing, hell a Dodge 2500 cummings deisel has softer suspension.
D) no pic but a vid in action may be good enough.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...11645815094397

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #20
sthomas
BMWCC 4928, BMWCCA 349578

I'm also running the Ground Control track/school setup. 475 and 525 springs. Adjustable camber plates are great. The RSM are also excellent. My only complaint is that to adjust the rear shocks on this particular system you have to remove the shocks. Stupid if you ask me. The fronts are adjustable at the top!

These spring rates are nice and solid - you can run stock sways with this. You can drop the rates a bit if you have upgraded sway bars. I think that if you go much stiffer than this on the road you would just compromise the handling (if you care). Track is a different matter.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
Furious
BMW again.

running H&R sports with Biltein monosports. its a decent setup, it does the job until i save up again maybe next year for a tckline setup.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #22
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Eibach Pro Kit only so far. In the next few days, koni yellows (waiting for shipping sucks). In the next few weeks, UUC swaybars.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #23
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

im looking for a new suspension also, all of you have nice setups, but where most of you bought the kits from???
Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #24
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

has anyone tried any of those e-bay kits? they are super cheap but they say they are made in germany and have the TUV and ISO certifications...
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer
im looking for a new suspension also, all of you have nice setups, but where most of you bought the kits from???
Maxbimmer sponsers
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
6appeal
3rd Gear Member

Eibach Pro-kit and stock shocks?

I'm looking for some springs. I already have the stock sport suspension but need a little I don't want a dramatic drop. I just want my nose a little lower. I was thinking about going with an Eibach Pro Kit but am questioning if it is necessary to get shocks. I don't think it would be bad to have a Pro kit with stock shocks. I figure that since its a progressive coil it doesn't act entirely different than the stock ones. Also, does anyone know how much of a drop I'll get with a Pro kit?
6appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #27
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6appeal
I'm looking for some springs. I already have the stock sport suspension but need a little I don't want a dramatic drop. I just want my nose a little lower. I was thinking about going with an Eibach Pro Kit but am questioning if it is necessary to get shocks. I don't think it would be bad to have a Pro kit with stock shocks. I figure that since its a progressive coil it doesn't act entirely different than the stock ones. Also, does anyone know how much of a drop I'll get with a Pro kit?
If your shocks are not blown yet they will be. Mine were on the way out when I put the pro kit on now there toast, hence why im getting koni's. You are putting a lot more force on the shocks, if you only change the springs. The pro kit gives you about a 1.3 drop in the front and about 1.3 in the back.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #28
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6appeal
Ever see those honda civic hatchbacks bouncing on every single bump?

That's what lowering springs / cut springs look like on stock shocks.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #29
uber e36
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Yeah, I was wondering why your front looked a lot higher than most H&R Race setups
Both Sloveniaboy and I are running H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein Sport Shocks...

Check this link for a bunch of pics: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76529

uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
dbworld4k
Addict

It's settled then. Thank you fellas ! I think Bilsten BTS (same thing as Bilstien Sport and H&R Sport) is the way to go for me. The price cannot be beat, and the drop seems to be absolutley perfect for a daily driver.

ubdere36: that side shot is a PERFECT picture for illustrating the drop.Thanks

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: