Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #46
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to tifosi Send a message via Skype™ to tifosi
I have a 1Ds MkII and a 20D right now. Will be getting an 1D MkIII soon to replace the 1D MkII N I just sold couple weeks ago.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #47
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

^^^

Awesome collection uve got there.. plus a couple L series and Leica lenses Im guessing
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #48
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerisabe View Post
^^^

Awesome collection uve got there.. plus a couple L series and Leica lenses Im guessing
Thanks

I've couple L lenses, but no Leica lenses for now. Maybe I'll get some after I get a M8...
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #49
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

^^^

I think the M8 is too hyped up. For the price ur paying for a M8, u can get way better results with Nikon or Canon.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #50
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
^^^

I think the M8 is too hyped up. For the price ur paying for a M8, u can get way better results with Nikon or Canon.
Well, I don't think it's quite fair to compare the M8 to a similarly priced Canon/Nikon, say 1D MkIII or D3. The Leica will obviously lose every single aspect a good camera is measured upon.

But Leica takes a very different approach to photography than everyone else. And that's what makes Leica very special indeed. In a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe sort of way compares to Bentley Continental GTC, Mercdes-Benz SL65, or a Porsche Turbo Cabriolet.

Taking pictures on the street with the Canon 1Ds makes me feel like a professional photographer, occasionally with security guards running up to me and question me if the pictures are for commercial purposes. Whereas, taking pictures with a Leica makes me feel like a tasteful artist, with quite a few admiring look from the beautiful ladies on the street.

The whole process of taking pictures using the rather manual-oriented M8 is actually quite romantic if you know what I mean. And I guess "romantic" is the best way to describe Leica camera. It isn't something you buy for its outright performance, but it still win your heart every single time.

Now only if Leica lenses and bodies aren't so damn expensive...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 AM   #51
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

Gotta agree with you on that. It's kind of a collector's camera in some sense. But yeah, two completely different things. Anyways, keep up the good work dude, love your pics!

OO yeah, btw hold on if you're thinking of getting the 1D MKIII, they're still figuring out a fix for it. They've came up with a fix already but that doesn't 100% eliminate the problem. You might get lucky and get a good copy though.

Last edited by kerisabe; 12-12-2007 at 02:04 AM.
kerisabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #52
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Gotta agree with you on that. It's kind of a collector's camera in some sense. But yeah, two completely different things. Anyways, keep up the good work dude, love your pics!

OO yeah, btw hold on if you're thinking of getting the 1D MKIII, they're still figuring out a fix for it. They've came up with a fix already but that doesn't 100% eliminate the problem. You might get lucky and get a good copy though.
It's nice to know you agree with me on that.
The general perception of Leica range finder cameras is quite polarized. You either get it, or you don't.

And thanks for pointing out the AF problem on the 1D3. I've followed quite closely on this issue since the very beginning. It's quite a shame Canon mess up on the most important component of a camera that's design for sport. I am not in too much of a rush though, I use 1D primarily for motorsport so Canon still has a few months to get the camera working before the racing season starts next year.

For now though, I guess my 1Ds MkII will suffice. Or maybe someone can take my Canon equipments, so I can jump over to the other side! Nikon D3...

Thanks for the compliment. I am a fan of your pictures too.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #53
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Rebel_XTi.html

Any better deals out there than this? Is it worth the extra $150 for a D80?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #54
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post

Any better deals out there than this? Is it worth the extra $150 for a D80?
there you go.

Saves you 20USD than the deal you posted.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #55
Axxe

Haha, thanks. At that price, I can't not get it! I need a new camera anyway, my mom hijacked my SD1000, permanently.

BTW, what are your thoughts about the XTi as a first DSLR? I've used 35mm SLR's in the past (full manual and full auto models), I just want something better than a P&S.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #56
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
BTW, what are your thoughts about the XTi as a first DSLR? I've used 35mm SLR's in the past (full manual and full auto models), I just want something better than a P&S.
My Photo guru here at work upgraded to an XTi from an XT, he has well over $2k worth of lenses thou.

It's suppose to be a great camera for the price......but the lenses you'd need are more than the camera.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #57
tifosi
5th Gear Member

I recently bought an XTi for a friend. And had a change to play with it for a bit.

I think it's a pretty nice camera, quite feature packed actually. Only thing I don't like is its size, doesn't feel as comfortable as it should be holding in my hands. Though, it is defintely more than enough to get you started.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #58
Axxe

Just what I wanted to hear. I'd be looking to get an IS lens after the new year, suggestions on good ranges? Maybe I should just sign up for a photoboard and start reading

Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #59
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Just what I wanted to hear. I'd be looking to get an IS lens after the new year, suggestions on good ranges? Maybe I should just sign up for a photoboard and start reading
You played with my XT. how did you like it?

The XTi isn't much different, a few minor exterior tweaks. same menu's. and 2 MP bigger.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #60
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
You played with my XT. how did you like it?

The XTi isn't much different, a few minor exterior tweaks. same menu's. and 2 MP bigger.
Im not sure if the menu is the same, but on the XT there was that little display where the settings were displayed seperate from the LCD, whereas with the XTi everything is displayed on the LCD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: