Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #31
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

SD1000. Nice and small. Thinking about upgrading to an SD850IS for a quick point and shoot (my mom uses my SD1000 more than I do ) and picking up a XTi as my first DSLR.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #32
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
europrince: You're being a cunt over a simple question. I never said I was taking a poll for scientific research, whether one person answers the question or one hundred, I'm fine. Is there a problem with being curious about what other people on the maXforums are using? Do other members have a strong interest in photography and use professional cameras or do they just use a simple point-and-shoot camera for whatever? Other peoples' preferences interest me since I'm an amateur at photography and I'd like to know what people think about their cameras and its pros/cons. I'd rather be able to communicate with an avid user of a product compared to a professional who uses it for a weekend and writes a review. Quit questioning a question when all it needs is an answer.

If you guys could, please post some shots you've taken with your camera and share your thoughts on your camera. But wait, its an insignificant question to europrince! No need to answer that!

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #33
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ bro, I made that comment a week ago. You're asleep behind the wheel. The topic is dead. Move on.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:28 AM   #34
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
^ bro, I made that comment a week ago. You're asleep behind the wheel. The topic is dead. Move on.
No it's not you dick. Not everyone frequents these forums daily.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #35
europrince
6th Gear Member

Well, I have the Sony DSC-T100

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/T100/T100A.HTM
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Well, back on topic...

I have a Nikon D80 with a vertical grip, 18-135mm f3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4-5.6, and 50mm f1.8 lenses, and an SB-800 flash. I'm looking to replace the 18-135 with an 18-200mm VR, and pickup a 28mm f2.8 prime.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #37
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
For me, I have a Nikon D80.

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm F1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Flash: SB-800

In the future I'm looking into getting the 70-200mm VR F2.8 Tele lens, if not probably the 70-300mm F4-5.6.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #38
Gamite

wow, you guys have purchased a lot (mike and nelson) since I last talked to you about cameras.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #39
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
wow, you guys have purchased a lot (mike and nelson) since I last talked to you about cameras.
Nelson's the baller, and I'm the follower
Old 12-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #40
IChopCars
aka ROOFLESS

europrince = hater

anyways im getting a Canon Rebel Xti for christmas !! im so excited, i cant wait to start learning all about it...ill post some pics in the future
Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #41
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Since we last talked all I bought was the flash, zoom and grip
I don't care what you said, the grip was probably one of the best accessories for that camera. It makes the camera feel so much more balanced, especially with a zoom lens when the 2nd battery is installed, plus it's less tiring when taking a lot of portait shots (2nd shutter button).
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #42
Gamite

I don't even remember what I said now.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #43
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
I don't even remember what I said now.
Something along the lines of the grip is useless because we don't take enough pictures to use two batteries. Then I said something like it balances the camera better and is less tiring when taking lots of portrait shots.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #44
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
Something along the lines of the grip is useless because we don't take enough pictures to use two batteries. Then I said something like it balances the camera better and is less tiring when taking lots of portrait shots.
I was actually considering it now, because I ran out of batteries a few times in germany (mostly because I didn't charge it)

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #45
thinair
moderationistismingly

Well, if you ever want to try before you buy, let me know. When running dual batteries, it only uses one at a time too, so once one dies, you can take it out and charge it while using the other one, or have a charged third battery waiting. Or if you really want to be hardcore you can have an external battery pack and take a shitload of pictures without needing a charge. Or!!!! If you want to be l33t, you can hire someone to follow you around with a diesel generator on wheels, with the AC adapter for the camera connected to it. You could take millions of pictures on a tank of diesel, imagine the possibilites!!!! You can thank me later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: