Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #151
icu
3rd Gear Member

So it seems you have a problem with somone that will spend good money for a great product , Not saying the lx3 is less of a camera, however the Leica had the fit and finish that I liked , Also the Captuer One software and the 3 year waranty that came with the D-Lux 4 plus the fine leather case won me over , and have just got the View finder and table top stand , Money is of no concern, Ive been shooting for 35 years now and know my cameras. The differance between these two great cameras may seem small but when you hold and shoot the Leica .... well as they say Smile !

Like My Leica Now
Love My Leica Later
Old 06-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #152
Phuviano
1st Gear Newbie

^^ nah, no problems here. Just wondering why you would spend double the price for a p&s. The D-lux 4 does have a better finish to it, but its still exactly the same camera as the LX3 spec wise. Same lens, same internals, just a different shell. As for warranty, you can always buy an extended warranty these days from most retailers. Also doesn't matter which camera you hold (d-lux 4 or lx3), they'll smile regardless. You'll get the same image quality from both cameras.

As long as you feel you got your money's worth, then I guess that all that matters in the end. I was just curious as to why you would spend double the money for the same camera in another shell. However, now I know the answer.

Last edited by Phuviano; 06-14-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Phuviano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #153
Qube
5th Gear Member

I would buy the Leica as well. I have Leica glass and it definitely exudes craftsmanship... But that's from the 1990s. IMHO they should have added some slight accents like a leather grip or face to distinguish.

It's an Audi vs VW, or Lexus vs Toyota debate. I'm an Audi/Lexus (ok, BMW) person. Call me shallow

Back on topic...

Nikon D200
- Nikkor 80-400 VR
- Nikkor 18-200 VR
- Sigma 12-20
- SB800 Speedlite

Canon SD780 sidearm, mainly for convenience, SIZE! and 720p video.

Deciding on 50mm 1.8 vs 1.4. Probably 1.8 (super price difference!)... Only drawback is 50mm becomes 75mm on APS-C sensor :/

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #154
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
Deciding on 50mm 1.8 vs 1.4. Probably 1.8 (super price difference!)... Only drawback is 50mm becomes 75mm on APS-C sensor :/
You should pick up the new 35mm f1.8, it's priced in between the two 50mm lenses you mentioned ($279), but it'll put you back in the 50mm range with the APS-C sensor.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Its habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Im Nelson, and Im a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #155
Qube
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up on the 35mm. I'm looking at $100 for used 50mm @ 1.8 AF-D so we'll see

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #156
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
i just picked up a little Nikon L100 to play around with, and it works great for point and shoot.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #157
344i
5th Gear Member

Rebel Xti -Kit lens bleagh need new lens
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #158
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I just bought a Nikon S60 for myself at work, nice and small and the smile recognition is pretty cool.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Its habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Im Nelson, and Im a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #159
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
I just bought a Nikon S60 for myself at work, nice and small and the smile recognition is pretty cool.
my Nikon L100 has the face recognition, its pretty cool, but it doesnt seem to work all the time, and sometimes it thinks something is a smile when its not. other than that its can be useful.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #160
icu
3rd Gear Member

One shot from my collection , 1956 Leica 3G , Been in my family since new and has seen more of the world in its life than most of us will hope to see in our lifetime . The second is a truly rare item 1939 Luftwaffen Eigentum 3c 35mm issued to Nazi airforce officers WW11 this one is for sale and am trying to talk the seller down but so far no luck ah may have to pardon the pun bite the bullet on this baby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00648.jpg (64.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg !BTTwp!!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLmZ,1SBKHubw8kCQ~~_1.jpg (41.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg !BTWUo6Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLm,8SUBKH-YlD1B!~~_1.jpg (23.7 KB, 38 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: