Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav_cool
Furious, I meticulously read around here and bf.c, and the consensus is that copper plugs perform best for stock motors. The only downside is they don't last.

sigh.. reading on the net dosent always mean that its true. especially when 99% of the threads are regarding platinums and not irridiums. on top of that 99% of those threads never give all the proper information, im willing to bet that when people say their car ran like shit, its because the plugs arent gapped properly, people dont realized how important this is. this is the reason why bosch platinum 4's are hit and miss, you cant gap them you have to trust that they were gapped proper from the plant.
I dont just read, ive also tried various plugs in my engines. and i can tell you that irridiums not only last longer but perform longer than any other plug ive used. go read in the FI forums or race forums of any car forum and see how many people say that a certain plug is better than another.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
rico328i
5th Gear Member

plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve
so BKR6EIX FTW then. I had these exact plugs in my 240sx a few years ago and loved them.

does CT carry these?
Yes. CT carries these. But I'd check out Partsource first or at least call them. if I can find the part numbers i'll post it. They were on sale last week for $15.99/2. reg $19.99/2.

So far so good. I have ZERO complaints. The BKR6EQUP were selling for $22/each! Dealer wanted $25/each.
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #18
Swerve
///Maquina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico328i
Yes. CT carries these. But I'd check out Partsource first or at least call them. if I can find the part numbers i'll post it. They were on sale last week for $15.99/2. reg $19.99/2.

So far so good. I have ZERO complaints. The BKR6EQUP were selling for $22/each! Dealer wanted $25/each.
thx but there's no partsource out here. what's special about the BKR6EQUP plugs?

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:17 AM   #19
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve
thx but there's no partsource out here. what's special about the BKR6EQUP plugs?
they are basically NGK's answer for bosch's platinum 4+, i did however read somewhere that these seem to be a bit better in terms of reliablity because the gap on the plug is typically more accurate.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:16 AM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD
I use Ruby plugs but only on Tuesdays.
lol. don't you tune cars for a living man?

http://www.ngk.com/sparkplug411.asp?...lladium&mfid=1

i mean if i shoot my mouth off, no one cares, the average 9 year old girl knows more about cars than i do. but you're a part of the .1% of this forum that could/should know of different kinds of spark plugs.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #21
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
im willing to bet that when people say their car ran like shit, its because the plugs arent gapped properly, people dont realized how important this is. this is the reason why bosch platinum 4's are hit and miss, you cant gap them you have to trust that they were gapped proper from the plant.
alot of plugs are pregapped these days (even copper1's) not just 4 prong boschs plats

and they were fine for me till the boost got above 6lbs then it got shitty.
so yeah i have 4 of those with 5kilometers on them..then i found irrid's.

prior to that i had Bosch super 2 prong plats. car ran ok.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
alot of plugs are pregapped these days (even copper1's) not just 4 prong boschs plats

and they were fine for me till the boost got above 6lbs then it got shitty.
so yeah i have 4 of those with 5kilometers on them..then i found irrid's.

prior to that i had Bosch super 2 prong plats. car ran ok.

pregapped sure. next time open a package of any plugs and check the gaps, im willing to bet that maybe 1 will be off. thats why whenever you put plugs in your suppose to check the gap even if it is pregapped. all plugs are pregapped i know this already but im telling you that most people, its happened to me once on my bmw and once just last month on my civic, they are pregapped to my cars engine but when i checked them 3 of the 4 were out of spec.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #23
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Thumbs up Have been firing on Irridium...

for over 2 yrs now w/ zero complaints.
Bought on eBay for C$ 14.00/2 (Incl. shipping).
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #24
Swerve
///Maquina

BKR6EIX now installed, and loving them. BKR6EK's came out and they were due for replacement.

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: