Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Bazooka Tubes are underrated

I saw a Bazooka TA850C on e-bay for $15. I asked my friends about it, and they all said it's 8 inch woofer was too small, 50W amp was too low, and Bazooka tubes sound like shit.

When I got home, I thought, for $15, how can I go wrong anyways, I bid on the Bazooka, and won it for $17.

I installed it last night, and for $17 plus $10 for an amp wiring kit, all I got to say is

The bass was clear, loud and set at maximum, will gladly overpower the music your listening too with headache inducing vibrations. For a basic sound quality setup, 8 inches and 50 watts is more than sufficient. Even at the highest bearable volumes there was not even a hint of distortion- the same cannot be said for my otherwise stock speakers. For me, the tube was supposed to suppliment the stock speakers, and correctly tuned, the tube does just that- filling in subtly where the stock speakers let off.

An added bonus is it's very compact size and light weight (<25lbs)- another very important consideration I had before purchasing the tube. One inherient problem with the design of the tube is that it's round, and it will roll around if not secured. You will have to drill holes into your trunk floor to secure the supplied tie down straps- or come up with your own ingenious way to do it.

Installation was easy, the hardest parts was just trying to figure out how to take apart certain parts of the dash to get to the firewall and headunit. I was also lucky my car already had a firewall access point specifically for wires. The supplied instructions were straightforward and easy to follow.

Either way, if your looking for loud in your face bass that will vibrate your internal organs loose, destroy your car and the cars in the immediate vicinity, this tube is not for you. If your looking for a simple setup, small, lightweight and cheap to suppliment your OEM system, you cannot go wrong with a bass tube.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

those are cool man,I like them myself and for 15 buck you can't go wrong...
Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

PERFECT IN A CRX.
I prefer the old kicker substations.
Saw two of these on ebay last week.

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Mr.535
3rd Gear Member

I always thought the same thing. Thats a pretty sweet deal man.
Mr.535 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: