Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Furious
BMW again.

Thumbs down Suicide

I was a bit confused by this whole transaction. I was directed to him because i heard he has an engine for sale. so i approached him to see if he would sell the head. Now i have met Noah quite a few times at meets when he used to be a BMW guy, so we are no strangers, i always thought he was a cool kid.

but here is where things get weird. we agree that i can have the head, the price was ok but i was willing to pay whatever because as i described to him i was in desparate need of a head. the terms were that i was to take the engine and separate the block and head myself and return the block to him. he wasnt comfortable with me taking the whole engine so he said he wanted a deposit, i said no problem.. here is the PM chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
absolutely, i can leave you some sort of deposit for the rest of the engine. i have no problem in doing that, as an act of good faith im ok with that. i just need a head. i can take it, get the head removed and bring back whatever you need asap and reclaim my deposit.

is there a phone number i can reach you at?

mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide
i would rather not let the whole engine go unless im getting money for it... or at least a dopsit incase you dont come back

Quote:
no problem, if you dont mind i can take the whole engine and then bring back whats left. i appreciate the response, your a huge help. do you have a contact number i can reach you at? also thank Vito for me. lol .

mark (416)-XXX-XXXX

Quote:
sorry i dont have the time to take the head off myself, so unless you want to come and take it apart or take the whole thing...

Quote:
i dunno if your on much or not but i need to know if you want to sell that head. im in a time crunch. thanks dude.

mark

Quote:
all depends on how much you are willing to offer me for it

Quote:
hey bro sorry again to hear your leaving the BMW scene. i have a favor to ask you. i heard you have an M50 sitting around. would you be willing to part out the head? i need one because i warped mine and cracked it.

lemme know asap

mark

now at this point i add him to MSN via the forums because he was slow to check maxbimmer, and i talk to him about this situation we confirm that the last weekend was a good time to do it as he would be working on his car all weekend.

so friday comes.. i call and call
saturday i was at work and i call and call , message on msn with my cell number attached
sunday... call and call
monday... call
tuesday message on msn..
........no response.
wednesday passes
thursday passes and i say **** this...

he flaked on me, and its too bad i thought he was always pretty cool. but he knew i was in a tight bind and needed a head ASAP.

i dont recommend trying to do business with him even though hes not in the BMW scene anymore. Oh and if someone wants that engine i recommend doing a leakdown test on it to see if it will even pass.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:

i dont recommend trying to do business with him even though hes not in the BMW scene anymore. Oh and if someone wants that engine i recommend doing a leakdown test on it to see if it will even pass.

Is this the engine he was trying to sell a while ago that needed a rebuild?

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...ghlight=Engine
Old 04-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
Furious
BMW again.

yes it is.. luxtec was selling a complete GOOD WORKING m50s for almost half that price

Last edited by Furious; 04-28-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

i'm with furious there, for this guy
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Furious
BMW again.

oh well shit happens, and its unfortunate that people do this to other people. i know hes out of the BMW scene but this is my way of venting.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:25 AM   #6
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
yes it is.. luxtec was selling a complete GOOD WORKING m50s for almost half that price
They were also selling M3 LSD's for $200!!! Cant base market value on Luxtec prices! lol

Anyways, sorry to hear that...Not the first time it has happened...(with him)But again it happens with TONS of people so i never made a big deal out of it...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: