Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #16
rendered
6th Gear Member

honestly, for what its worth, I love your year X5. I had a loaner 3.0 for a month and I loved it!!! since then I always wanted one with a little more power. I told myself I'd never drive an SUV but if I did, it would be an X5 4.8is or a Range rover sport.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #17
Gamite

RR Sport is awesome, but I hear half the time it's in the shop, which is a real shame for such a nice car.

the old 4.8 is kind of a rip off considering you can get the same engine for a much lower price in the new body style.

Hopefully when our lease is up, the 3.0 turbo motor will be available in the X5 so we can pick that up as a replacement.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #18
rendered
6th Gear Member

oh yeah, for $54,000 for an 2005 4.8is, I thought is was a great deal, with 60,000Km's? no?

yeah the turbo motor should be available soon hopefully for the new x5. that would be a nice option. I'm just not fond of the styling too much to be honest. actually, I prefer my body style over the new coupe if I had to make the ultimate choice but if they give me an offer I can't refuse, I'll take the new coupe just for the motor!

hey what do you think about this beauty? I just hope it doesn't belong to a certain someone I know of with the identicle car, who I knew beat the shit out of it. I can pull the history next time I go into autohaus.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/...0&RowNumber=14
Old 04-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #19
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
Thats one of the dealers I do work for. I was there when it came in. It's actually an M-performance package as well as induvidual.

I was actually going to buy it until I drove it.

Drives like a bag of shit though. something wrong with the clutch, and it was running rough. and they are asking way too much for it. The car was from one of their whole sale people.
What's with the dent in one of the pics?

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #20
Gamite

Quote:
oh yeah, for $54,000 for an 2005 4.8is, I thought is was a great deal, with 60,000Km's? no?

yeah the turbo motor should be available soon hopefully for the new x5. that would be a nice option. I'm just not fond of the styling too much to be honest. actually, I prefer my body style over the new coupe if I had to make the ultimate choice but if they give me an offer I can't refuse, I'll take the new coupe just for the motor!

hey what do you think about this beauty? I just hope it doesn't belong to a certain someone I know of with the identicle car, who I knew beat the shit out of it. I can pull the history next time I go into autohaus.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/...0&RowNumber=14
yea, 54K is a pretty good deal. I've seen them going for around 60-70, even 80. So comparing that to a base model 08 X5 for 73,000 doesn't make sense.

But for that price, hey why not?

as for the M3, 63 is too much for a used car IMO. Unless its a porsche or something.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #21
rendered
6th Gear Member

yeah man! good point! dammit, I might as well just keep mine. I feel like everywhere I go I'm getting ripped off!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:16 AM   #22
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
yeah man! good point! dammit, I might as well just keep mine. I feel like everywhere I go I'm getting ripped off!
Don't you take trips down to the states? You can pickup a low mileage 05/06 m3 for almost half that...Luxury cars in Canada(heck most cars!) in general are marked up considerably, so you can get really good deals if you go used and have some time to deal with the paperwork to bring one up
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #23
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

mmmmm Sweet colour
Antz_Marchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:41 AM   #24
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understated
Don't you take trips down to the states? You can pickup a low mileage 05/06 m3 for almost half that...Luxury cars in Canada(heck most cars!) in general are marked up considerably, so you can get really good deals if you go used and have some time to deal with the paperwork to bring one up
good point! but if I trade mine in down there, I'll get less money for it as well!? no?

I could goto my house in florida and register it under there, but its a bit of a hassle when I want to drive it all year round up here.

my family brought up a caddilac before, but I remember being a hassle. is it really worth the headaches?

how much money would I save on an 04/05 m3 cabriolet or even coupe down there?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #25
Airbalancer
2nd Gear Member

take a look here how to import
http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
Get one made in NA or there is 6% duty
X5 is made in NC
Airbalancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #26
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Rrs>x5

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #27
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
good point! but if I trade mine in down there, I'll get less money for it as well!? no?

I could goto my house in florida and register it under there, but its a bit of a hassle when I want to drive it all year round up here.

my family brought up a caddilac before, but I remember being a hassle. is it really worth the headaches?

how much money would I save on an 04/05 m3 cabriolet or even coupe down there?
Try to sell the ZHP here on private sale, fly down to your place or drive a beater or something?
It is a bit of a headache, the jist of the costs is as follows:
6% DUTY
6% GST
get those DRLs hooked up(price varies)
8% PST when plated here

So taking into account travelling costs/gas/your own time it's only worth it if you can get a clean car for a great price. check out www.autotrader.com

I plan on picking up a vehicle this way in a little over a year (I'm expecting the american dollar to continue taking a hit )

Good luck
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #28
rendered
6th Gear Member

thanks!!!! so taking into account, I found a MINT 2003.5 E46 White M3, for $34,750 at a dealer near my house in florida.

$34,750 USD converted = $38,811CAD + 6 %DUTY, + 6%GST, + 8%PST = $47,096. not including any other travelling costs etc.

If I'm lucky and smart with my negotiations I might be able to get one for $49,000 tax in, but probably not as clean as a mint florida car.

Definatly something to consider.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #29
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Sweet
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #30
Gamite

US Cars > canadian cars

Display Modes Rate This Thread