Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
speedemn
2nd Gear Member

VF Engineering and Blastech Automotive

I was on the VF Engineering website http://www.vfengineering.com/ looking at the local retailers for their products... to get some information on at least. I noticed that there is only one out of the 3 listed in Canada that has BMW listed as cars that they work on - this being Blastech Automotive in Ottawa http://www.blastechauto.com/

However on the Blastech website it seems like they are heavily involved in VWs... which does not make me too comfortable having them potentially undertake such a large project like a supercharger install on my 540!

Does anyone know anything or has anyone heard anything about Blastech Auto in Ottawa and their experience with BMWs?

Thanks.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Derrick
2nd Gear Member

Vf

If you noticed on the Vf site that the cars that they deal with are Porshe VW and BMW,most of the guys that deal or install this kit would only deal with those types of automobilesMy advice would be to go to the shops and ask how many of these chargers they have installed,and get references.The shop i delt with has been doing chargers for years,and all they deal with are VW BMW Porshe.As for the install its pretty straight forward,and your ecu gets sent to GIAC for programing,so basicly all the do is the install,then to fine tune it they have a dyno in the rear of the shop.Evolution Inc is the name,ask for Derrick or Carlos,Bruno is their head Mech,he worked on mine,Great bunch of guys.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Have rmp motors install the kit. It might save you a long drive.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
speedemn
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I spoke to them about it... they are not familiar with the VFE kit specifically I don't think, but I was impressed with their work and attention to detail on my first ever visit to them.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
RMP & Bimmersport should be able to do it, it's a bolt-on system with no fabrication involved, they both know the M62 motor very well and should have no problems as long as they have the instructions.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Bimmersport did Neil's (JMW) VF Engineering install on his '97 M3.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I would think that any competent shop could install. It is a kit, and all the parts + instructions should be included. I would vote for Rocco or Charlie, as I know for a fact they both have some FI experience. I'd trust either one of them with my car. Dave
Old 04-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
countrybimm
peelin' not dealin'

i dont know if anyone has heard of Kristenson racing developments in lambeth, but ive dealt with them a small about and they seem to know there shit..they also do euro conversions on beemers to get them over 350 horse...might be worth looking into joe and praeban are the guys names...
countrybimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

or bimmersport.....
lol

my car has the vf kit..and it fliessss son

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: