Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
irvz
2nd Gear Member

Ebay HID Kits?

hey guys..

i've been seeing alot of these on ebay lately and was wondering if anyone knows any info or actually has them on their car.. here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...15908135QQrdZ1

thanks!
irvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Boots R
Boots, not boost

for the risk you are taking with ebay that they are shit, plus exchange rate and duties/taxes at the border...

I'd suggest buying locally. I'd also suggest a well known member on this board, Propr'one. He sells HID kits for reasonable prices. I actually just installed one of his kits on my car last night and I couldn't be happier with the product.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #3
vadim321go
6th Gear Member

2nded for pro, buy local it will result in less hassles and u will always have some1 to ask questinons where on ebay no1 gives a shit about u
Old 04-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #4
Boots R
Boots, not boost

And the best thing?

Propr'one has warranty. LOCAL warranty.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
+1 on propr'one kit

i just got one recently, can't be more happy with it.
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #6
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

I got my set from e-bay. They were 100 bucks, plus 30 for ship and duty.

They are shitty- they on occassion flicker once or twice when cold after startup- and althrough both bulbs are 5000k's, and they look the same colour when looking directly at them, they shine a slightly different temperature onto the road for some reason.

Other than that, materials (connectors, wires) are OEM quality, and I have never had any major problems (no start, bad flickering), and $130 for everything you cannot complain.

Mine also has TUV approval, patent, and ISO certification...unless these are faked, these count for something towards the quality of the product imo...
Old 04-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
BennyL
7th Gear Member

150 for the kit, plus 30 for the shipping, thats already 180. factor in the exchange rate and your already at 202 dollars before crossing the border. you WILL be charged at least GST at the border, so add 12 bux. your already at 214 before even considering they may rape you on "customs and brokerage" fees.

go with Proprone's kit. he sells them locally for $235 and if you have any problems, he helps you out right away. alot of people on here have purchased from him, everyone happy.

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #8
rendered
6th Gear Member

My my fogs and headlights are K-light from Proprone! I've owned many high quality kits in the past with my acura's and I have to say this by far is one of the best kits I've ever owned, and definatly worth buying from Proprone and having local warranty!

Do the right thing! dont waste your money on an ebay HID kit. you're going to be close to $220 for an ebay HID kit when all said an done. I know ask my neighbour who's gone through 2 ebay kits and 3 Mculloch Kits. Thankfully I introduced him to Ivan (Proprone) and now he's much happier and doesn't have any issues whatsoever.

I couldn't be any happier with my HIDS! Definatly go 6000K for best colour and light output/visibilty.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

Save your hassles with ebay, just go with Propr'one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: