Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #16
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

don't use the BASSLINK they sound like shit dude....
Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
don't use the BASSLINK they sound like shit dude....
Do you have a better solution for around $150? Keeping in mind I never crank up my stereo. I just want some improved lows. Plus it can be piggybacked right into the factory amp harness and is super easy to remove when I hit the track.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

well yes I do but their are not that cheap,but here is my idea for you SAS/bazooka tubeitem # BTA-8200 msrp 299.95 plus R.B.C.M msrp 24.99 and you will RCA's(16') and amp trun-on wire....
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #19
///Milan
4th Gear Member

I think the answer is clear. MTX Jackhammer.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #20
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

Try changin your headunit and adding a sub/amp combination. That's all u need instead of changing kickpanel speakers.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

i highly suggest just changing the deck. this will be your greatest bang for the buck, bar none. plus, it gives you many upgrade options later, if you decide to pursue them. aftermarket speakers are wasted on a stock deck! even in my e30 with the stock 'premium' speakers - putting in a good quality deck improved the sound 100%. the bass is surprising, even considering that the car only uses 4 4" speakers!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #22
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
One of the reasons I'm reluctant to swap the deck is I don't need another reason for someone to break into my car. Plus I like the functionality of it (except the lack of MP3 support). I was thinking of just finding a used HK amp and swapping the speakers.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #23
cisco911
6th Gear Member

I had my head unit replaced this week and I can definately notice the difference in sound. Its like my speakers have come alive!!! I posted some pics and details in the thread below.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88223
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #24
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
I'd have to agree with fluidryderx. Your biggest bang for the buck will be the deck and not the speaker/amp combo. A good quality deck will make the stock setup sound sweet. You can play with the eq and get the sound you want.

If i remember correctly i think the stock deck/amp is 3 ohm which makes it that much tougher to match up with replacements.
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 AM   #25
///Milan
4th Gear Member

^ Correct, it's 3 ohms, because bmw's are just that badass.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #26
shimajer
loudddddd

headunit. eclipse have some nice decks. i am rocking one right now.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #27
rendered
6th Gear Member

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...49&catid=21981

Pioneer DEH-9800BT especially if you get staff purchase! all the way! The 24 Bit Burr Brown D/A converters make this deck as good sounding than my old Nakamichi, and better than most new Alpine headunits. and as good as my previous 3 different Alpine headunits in my last car.

Then goto Future shop and pick up the top of the line Infinity 10 inch kappa sub, with an Exile Audio class D amp and you're golden! or any infinity or JBL amp is also nice choice! and go for the Infinity internal components for your door speakers if you want to do a really great job!

I've bought much higher end in the past but found it not to be worth it!

I buy a new stereo from best buy/future shop every week just to try it out! LOL I like to experiment with different configurations just for fun

two weeks ago I had a basslink in the car. IT IS SHIT. waste of money. LOL Now its confirmed by my test first hand.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #28
Swerve
///Maquina

just did an upgrade in my g/f's car of an amp, front speakers and single sub, while leaving the stock deck. HUGE IMPROVEMENT.

just from browsing bestbuy, and considering you don't want a sub, nor to spend too much, i would try:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...40&catid=20100

powering

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...18&catid=20112

I have no doubt that you will hear a big improvement.

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #29
Souvrain
Jammin

Send a message via MSN to Souvrain
Panasonic CQ-C7413U
ths deck is cool under 200$ depend where you buy it .. and it mach the stock interior
Souvrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #30
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

bmw cd43 stock unit so you get the stock look built in cd player works with bmw cd changer in the rear and is more powerful best upgrade i think you are looking for can be had for like 300-350 on ebay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: